Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  US States refusing Syrian refugee's  (Read 268 times)

SARKASIST

• My name is George.
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: SARKASIST
Re: US States refusing Syrian refugee's
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2015, 12:22:28 PM »
What we did to the Indians was strip them of all their worldly processions and moved them to a small piece of land and many died in the process,

Firstly Indians are from India, Native Americans are from the united states. :)

Secondly, we did much more to them. We came to this land and not only slowly but surely took it. We gave them many diseases such as small pox. We sexually assaulted and murdered many tribes into oblivion. Then we forced them into reservations and tried to "Americanize" them and the kids that were put through that were discriminated against, sexually assaulted and beat. To top it all of we make holidays in our ignorant such as Thanksgiving and Columbus day. Thank god Columbus day is finally getting shut down because it's based off a murdering rapist. What a great holiday.  :o
Ignorance Is Bliss

Pringle

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: pringle2009
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2015, 04:39:30 PM »
Firstly Indians are from India, Native Americans are from the united states. :)

Secondly, we did much more to them. We came to this land and not only slowly but surely took it. We gave them many diseases such as small pox. We sexually assaulted and murdered many tribes into oblivion. Then we forced them into reservations and tried to "Americanize" them and the kids that were put through that were discriminated against, sexually assaulted and beat. To top it all of we make holidays in our ignorant such as Thanksgiving and Columbus day. Thank god Columbus day is finally getting shut down because it's based off a murdering rapist. What a great holiday.  :o

Indians are in America too. That's the English name that we call them. And if you want to get technical then they very well came from Asia a few thousands years ago.

I know a lot more was done to them but that was beside the point and I wasn't going to write the entire history. The idea has nothing to do with what was done  with the Indians and the details were not important, the idea of taking a group of people and protecting them in a safe zone is basically the idea and I was comparing it to the removal of the Indians to reservations.

Whether we were to take them into the u.s. Or much more likely create a zone in Syria for their residency is the idea I was getting to. That is one option that's been discussed among politicians.
https://m.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2015, 06:29:48 PM »
Indians are in America too. That's the English name that we call them. And if you want to get technical then they very well came from Asia a few thousands years ago.

No. Indians were the names given to the Native Americans by Columbus, because he thought he was in India. The term is inaccurate, and most Natives prefer not to be called Indians.

the idea of taking a group of people and protecting them in a safe zone is basically the idea and I was comparing it to the removal of the Indians to reservations.

Comparing taking in Syrian refugees to the mass GENOCIDE which was committed to the Native Americans is a really horrible example that kind of implies you want to murder thousands of people.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2015, 08:02:34 PM »
Comparing taking in Syrian refugees to the mass GENOCIDE which was committed to the Native Americans is a really horrible example that kind of implies you want to murder thousands of people.
I'm pretty sure he intended to type "wasn't comparing"

SARKASIST

• My name is George.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2015, 07:22:27 PM »
I'm pretty sure he intended to type "wasn't comparing"

I actually think he was as he made the comparison earlier on in the post. Just with less genocide.
Ignorance Is Bliss

SARKASIST

• My name is George.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2015, 07:24:32 PM »

I know a lot more was done to them but that was beside the point and I wasn't going to write the entire history. The idea has nothing to do with what was done  with the Indians and the details were not important, the idea of taking a group of people and protecting them in a safe zone is basically the idea and I was comparing it to the removal of the Indians to reservations.

Whether we were to take them into the u.s. Or much more likely create a zone in Syria for their residency is the idea I was getting to. That is one option that's been discussed among politicians.

I'm 100% positive we didn't just come out of Asia a few thousand years ago. Haha you should meet my friend. His name is Google and he knows everything.  8)
Ignorance Is Bliss

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2015, 07:33:42 PM »
I'm 100% positive we didn't just come out of Asia a few thousand years ago. Haha you should meet my friend. His name is Google and he knows everything.  8)
Link?

Pringle

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: pringle2009
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2015, 08:29:29 PM »
Google says likely 15,000-20,000 years ago and my history book last year said 12,000 which is just a few thousand years ago on the geologic timescale.

And that's still beside the point and irreverent. Like I said the idea is we take a plot of land, move people to it, and protect it from the the outside threats. I read an article that one Canadian plan is to take in 900 refugees a day and house them in temporary homes on two military bases. That's sort of the thing I suggested but just on a military base which is an interesting idea to say the least.

No it won't be anything like the trail of tears, but I'm saying we can take I. Refugees and put them onto newly made reservations as it's something we've made reservations for groups in the past I.e. The Indians
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 08:43:12 PM by Pringle »
https://m.

Nefty

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheM00n
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2015, 09:15:52 PM »
The refugees at least need to be monitored at all costs.

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2015, 12:10:38 AM »
The refugees at least need to be monitored at all costs.
Definitely agreed. I know people got mad about the NSA leak, but we seriously need something like it in place to prevent something like the Paris attack from happening here.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas