Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  US States refusing Syrian refugee's  (Read 270 times)

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
    • View Profile
Re: US States refusing Syrian refugee's
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 07:57:24 PM »
Lets be honest here, how many are gonna leave? I know if I lived in Syria then came to the States I wouldn't want to leave.

Even if they never went back home, that wouldn't be a problem in my eyes.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Nefty

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheM00n
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 07:58:56 PM »
Even if they never went back home, that wouldn't be a problem in my eyes.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/15/europe/paris-attacks-passports/

EDIT: Mainly This Portion

Fingerprints on the passport matched those of the Stade de France bomber, the French senator told CNN.

The fingerprint was not in the French database, the senator said, and therefore officials believe the man was among a group of refugees and migrants.

The two others who detonated themselves at the stadium carried false Turkish passports, the French senator said.

« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 08:04:34 PM by Nefty »

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 08:04:51 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2015/11/15/europe/paris-attacks-passports/

http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/11/18/3723440/france-refugees/

"humanitarian measures undermine ISISí argument that the West is at odds with Muslims."

As Craig said, we need to attack the root of the problem.

We need to fight a war by uniting the world against an evil organization, and not by uniting some countries against Muslims, or Syria.

Once this war is won, we will have stronger ties with the Muslim community, and we will be able to begin the long healing process that it will take to establish a better world.

Nefty

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheM00n
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2015, 08:07:39 PM »
http://thinkprogress.org/world/2015/11/18/3723440/france-refugees/

"humanitarian measures undermine ISISí argument that the West is at odds with Muslims."

As Craig said, we need to attack the root of the problem.

We need to fight a war by uniting the world against an evil organization, and not by uniting some countries against Muslims, or Syria.

Once this war is won, we will have stronger ties with the Muslim community, and we will be able to begin the long healing process that it will take to establish a better world.

Fair Enough, but how long before one of the ISIS members who snuck through with the refugees makes an attack on US soil. I don't give it long.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 08:22:21 PM »
Fair Enough, but how long before one of the ISIS members who snuck through with the refugees makes an attack on US soil. I don't give it long.

Doing the right thing is not always easy, and it leaves you vulnerable, but it has the possibility to stop generations more of transgressions.

Also, I'm not saying we should be too open to immigration from Syria. Like I said, caps on how many can come, as well as thorough background checks.

SARKASIST

• My name is George.
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: SARKASIST
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2015, 10:59:29 AM »
One option that's been discussed is a safe zone protected by the u.s led coalition within Syria or Iraq.

I personally think another option is w could accept them but instead of as refugees where they our free to roam the u.s. We put them on reservations like we did the Indians. But unlike the Indians they stay there and the u.n. Helps provide temporary homes and supplies.

Maybe we Send them back at the end of the conflict or maybe they spend a year on the reservation and then get interviewed and assured they are not terrorist then they have freedom to go where they please

What we did to the Native Americans was possibly the worst things America has ever done to anyone. I vote no one the camps. XD
Ignorance Is Bliss

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2015, 03:01:21 PM »
What we did to the Native Americans was possibly the worst things America has ever done to anyone. I vote no one the camps. XD
One, yes it was. Two, who the hell put us in charge of helping every damn country that has problems?! We can't even help ourselves, let alone another country. The fact that our ignorant ass people are willing to continue to support the governments efforts to put itself into EVERYONE else's business is completely ridiculous. And I personally don't giving a flying rats ass if you disagree with me. COMMON SENSE should show you this would be r etarded to continue helping people. Especially because most of them never asked to begin with. Concentrate on us, not them. Otherwise we will be the ones in need of help, and 9 times out of 10, they won't help us back.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2015, 03:18:47 PM »
One, yes it was. Two, who the hell put us in charge of helping every damn country that has problems?! We can't even help ourselves, let alone another country. The fact that our ignorant ass people are willing to continue to support the governments efforts to put itself into EVERYONE else's business is completely ridiculous. And I personally don't giving a flying rats ass if you disagree with me. COMMON SENSE should show you this would be r etarded to continue helping people. Especially because most of them never asked to begin with. Concentrate on us, not them. Otherwise we will be the ones in need of help, and 9 times out of 10, they won't help us back.

In this case, we aren't helping any other countries. We're helping individuals trying to get out of a bad situation. I believe that every nation has a responsibility to preserve the well being of other people of the world, especially those in the UN.

The political aspect of what you're saying, I agree with. We should stick out of foreign government affairs, except in rare cases (genocide, for example), but it isn't really applicable to this situation.

Pringle

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: pringle2009
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2015, 03:56:18 PM »
What we did to the Indians was strip them of all their worldly processions and moved them to a small piece of land and many died in the process,

What we'd be doing for the Syrians is giving them the refuge they are seeking and at the same time keeping ourselves safe by not letting them run free.
It's not a serious plan but I certainly think it's a good middle ground. Or we could follow current ideas of creating a safe zone in Syria which would be similar

https://m.

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2015, 09:24:41 PM »
We did, when we and a few other countries formed the UN

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas