Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  US States refusing Syrian refugee's  (Read 356 times)

Nefty

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheM00n
US States refusing Syrian refugee's
« on: November 17, 2015, 08:21:21 PM »
http://www.vox.com/2015/11/16/9746456/map-syrian-refugees-governors

-This photo is outdated, the news broadcast just reported about 30 Governors as of 8:00 PM

For those of those who don't know whats going on, basically countries around the world have been accepting Syrian refugees, including the US. Since the first large batch of refuges landed in New Orleans, about 25-30 Governors are denying entry into their states.

What are your opinions on this?

SARKASIST

• My name is George.
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: SARKASIST
Re: US States refusing Syrian refugee's
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2015, 12:01:01 PM »
As I see it, if we are to bring in refugees, we NEED a better check system. Sadly even then it's very dangerous because sometimes people lie too well. After all the two men who did the Boston Bombing were also refugees and they had a blast. After seeing what happened in Paris, I feel it might just be best to not let any in. ISIS and anything like it needs to be purged from the earth. Anyone who causes harm to others for such a stupid reason doesn't deserve living. I feel they should take there homemade vest to somewhere secluded and paint the area with there entrails if you get my drift.

A bit harsh put I'm fed up with all this senseless violence. Most are beyond saving.
Ignorance Is Bliss

Pringle

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: pringle2009
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 12:30:24 PM »
One option that's been discussed is a safe zone protected by the u.s led coalition within Syria or Iraq.

I personally think another option is w could accept them but instead of as refugees where they our free to roam the u.s. We put them on reservations like we did the Indians. But unlike the Indians they stay there and the u.n. Helps provide temporary homes and supplies.

Maybe we Send them back at the end of the conflict or maybe they spend a year on the reservation and then get interviewed and assured they are not terrorist then they have freedom to go where they please
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 12:35:49 PM by Pringle »
https://m.

Dark Hydrak

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 02:26:53 PM »
Syria = New Korea

Most contries dislike syria along with korea now. War?

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 02:39:23 PM »
Syria = New Korea

what.
I have no words.

I personally think another option is w could accept them but instead of as refugees where they our free to roam the u.s. We put them on reservations like we did the Indians. But unlike the Indians they stay there and the u.n. Helps provide temporary homes and supplies.

You mean an internment camp?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 02:47:31 PM by MrMarooca »
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 03:19:20 PM »
France is still taking in something like 30,000 refugees after 120 of its citizens were killed by terrorists.

Something that ISIS is attempting to do is to make non-muslims associate terrorism with the Muslim world, thereby driving the Muslim population to ISIS.

I think the president of France understands this, and he is trying to promote good relations between us and them.

America, if anyone, should be spearheading this assimilation movement. We pride ourselves in our diversity, as well as in our promotion of democratic ideologies. We can't do that by shutting off our borders to people who need help.

At the same time, we shouldn't allow ourselves to be vulnerable to terrorism either. There needs to be thourough checks as people are coming in, to make sure that they're aren't plotting terrorist attacks.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Nefty

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 04:12:29 PM »
France is still taking in something like 30,000 refugees after 120 of its citizens were killed by terrorists.

Something that ISIS is attempting to do is to make non-muslims associate terrorism with the Muslim world, thereby driving the Muslim population to ISIS.

I think the president of France understands this, and he is trying to promote good relations between us and them.

America, if anyone, should be spearheading this assimilation movement. We pride ourselves in our diversity, as well as in our promotion of democratic ideologies. We can't do that by shutting off our borders to people who need help.

At the same time, we shouldn't allow ourselves to be vulnerable to terrorism either. There needs to be thourough checks as people are coming in, to make sure that they're aren't plotting terrorist attacks.

299 of these people out of 300 are probably really good people, just caught in a bad situation. But ther0'es always that 1 guy who slips through the cracks. Do you really want to risk another 9/11, another Paris shooting, to save those people? I agree they nee help, but we need to help them in there land, set up refugee camps. Don't bring the threat home, keep foreign problems foreign, keep domestic problems domestic. We should be focusing our efforts on taking back their homeland, fighting the people who are driving innocent families from their land. Not just thorough background checks, but the US needs to be a temporary home, not permanent. We protect them until we can secure their land.\\

Nonetheless, the point of the topic is about the states denying them. Although I whole heartedly agree they should be brought to the States, the Governors denying this are breaking federal law. Just like the states that legalized marijuana, the Governors are disobeying federal law and should be thrown in jail. Like the woman in Kentucky who stood against Homosexual marriage. You have to obey the government, whether you agree with them or not. So these Governors standing against this really need to change their actions, and accept these refugees.

Pringle

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: pringle2009
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 04:26:22 PM »
Syria = New Korea

sorry if this offends you

But this is the dumbest thing I've seen all day.

Syria and North Korea are two completely different situations.

Maybe Iran and North Korea are similar but Syria is nothing alike
https://m.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 04:41:00 PM »
the US needs to be a temporary home, not permanent. We protect them until we can secure their land.

Yes. That is what we're doing. Refugees, not immigrants. Although I still feel that we should be open to immigration from Syria and other countries, it just needs to happen little by little and be done carefully.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Nefty

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 07:45:10 PM »
Yes. That is what we're doing. Refugees, not immigrants. Although I still feel that we should be open to immigration from Syria and other countries, it just needs to happen little by little and be done carefully.

Lets be honest here, how many are gonna leave? I know if I lived in Syria then came to the States I wouldn't want to leave.