Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Honor the French people  (Read 699 times)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
Re: Honor the French people
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2015, 09:06:51 PM »
and saying "we love you, all is forgiven, just agree not to kill people" isn't going to work.
Words mean nothing. Actions mean everything.

Nefty

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: GoatOnTheM00n
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2015, 09:08:18 PM »
Words mean nothing. Actions mean everything.

And you propose the world does what exactly? They aren't exactly up for negotiations.

Pringle

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: pringle2009
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2015, 11:13:52 PM »
I think the point Craig is making is that we need to start a healing process for the next generation, to prevent terrorism on this scale from lasting into the next 10 years we have to let the next generation know that we are here to help not to harm. All they know is war and they've been told the western world and particularly the U.S. Is responsible for all their pain which you can decide if you think that's true. Changing culture starts with changing opinions.

As for the current terrorism we have to wipe out Isis in order to begin this process, as long as they're  around then their recruiting "methods" will continue to pull in young people regardless of our efforts.
https://m.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2015, 12:11:37 AM »
I think the point Craig is making is that we need to start a healing process for the next generation, to prevent terrorism on this scale from lasting into the next 10 years we have to let the next generation know that we are here to help not to harm. All they know is war and they've been told the western world and particularly the U.S. Is responsible for all their pain which you can decide if you think that's true. Changing culture starts with changing opinions.
Yes you're scratching the surface of what I'm talking about, but the rabbit hole goes a lot deeper ;) For example, I'm talking about exploitation and grievances suffered by generations of peoples in many different countries and regions, at the hands of the West, not just the last few years of trouble in Irag. And I'm not just talking about war, many other forms of exploitation have taken place. And terrorism in it's current form is going to last a lot longer than 10 years, it's going to last generations, like I indicated above, your grandchildrens grandchildren will not see the end of this unless it is fixed at the root cause.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 12:13:16 AM by Craig »

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2015, 06:04:36 AM »
First steps is for the first world to actually help the third world.

So much can be done for them, we should treat there soil as if it was our own. Well... first steps after the apology would be nice anyway :P

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2015, 06:13:21 AM »
I knew it would happen that most here wouldn't understand what I'm trying to say, and so I was reluctant to post my thoughts, but I did anyway.

Clearly what these 'Islamic' terrorists are doing is wrong. They're no better than any other terrorist. It's appalling and revolting and wrong. They absolutely should be punished.

I'll finish off with an analogy that may help express the ideas behind my earlier posts better.

Some internal diseases can start, and grow, and grow while we are completely unaware. We feel no pain, we see no symptoms. Eventually once the disease has past a threshold, small legions start to appear on our skin. The real catastrophe is happening in our internal organ(s), but all we see are these small but irritating and nasty things on our skin. We often won't go to the doctor because either we think it's not such a big problem and it will eventually go away, or because we are too afraid of what might be under the surface.

In this analogy, the legions are the terrorists and their terrorism, and the internal disease is the grievances built up over several generations. It's a very poor analogy in every way except one. It may help us to understand that the reasons for this terrorism we experiencing in recent times goes far deeper than the skin, and has been brewing for longer than we might think.