Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  30 best war movies  (Read 961 times)

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Agykoo
30 best war movies
« on: May 24, 2013, 01:24:36 PM »
kk its subject to opion (i dont care for some my self), thougth it woudl eb fun for morial day (for USA)

http://www.foxnews.com/slideshow/entertainment/2010/03/12/greatest-war-movies-time/?intcmp=features#slide=1

but i though it was a neat chance to maybe find some you never heard of before.

agykoo's favs: (of this list)

'Saving Private Ryan' loved it, if you havint seen it go see it! ^_^, very very realsitice begining.

'Tora! Tora! Tora!' amazing movie about the attack on pearl harbor form the japense side. also on how we were warned ahead of time on the attack, but due to beorciaci it was ignored.

'Full Metal Jacket' stero typical anti veietnam war movie, but still worth a watch.

'All Quiet on the Western Front' never seen but i would like to.

'M*A*S*H' ......................no

'Letters to Iwo Jima' unbeliavable tear jerker, extreamly emotional and heart breaking. The film is based on the non-fiction books "Gyokusai sōshikikan" no etegami, and has many real life people protaired in the movie. movie is in japanese with english subs. but its well worth it. and implore you to see this movie, and the heart break suffered by both sides.

'Glory' true story of the brave hero Colonel Robert Gould Shaw, who formed and lead the foirst formal all black unit in the USA army (north) during the civil war. unbeliavable recount of a part of amarican history to oftin shuned and ignored.

'Platoon' (it sys first in a trillagy??? never heard of tho others), extreamly graphic anti veitanem war movie. kinda regret seeing it. lots of terribale things in it.

'Das Boot' hear amazing things about it, would liek to see it ^_^

'Black Hawk Down' a horroring recount of the cluster**** that was our aid mission to somilia. but still worth a watch to see the brave men who gave there lives.

'Sergeant York' says based on a true story, would liek to see it.

'The Deer Hunter' would liek to see it

'Apocalypse Now' (perticauler the redux version, if you do watch please dont cheat your self, wacth the redux version, adds abotu an horu more movie, as well as an extreamly important histrolical note about the french war preivues to our own there). imo the greatisit recount of the insainty that was the vientman war. and is a must watch.

'The Longest Day' would liek to see.

'Schindler's List' horring true story of Oskar Schindler and his grand idea that saved the lives of over 1200 jews during world war 2 form the nazis. a must watch tall about the holicost, lest we forget.

'Patton' would liek to see

'The Great Escape' based on a true story, would liek to see.

'The Patriot' unbelaivable movie about the USA revoltinary war. many many war heros (on both sides) are protaid (soem mroe os then others), shows the improtaince of the USAs adoption of gurrila tactics as well as the french invlovment. well worth a watch.

'Hamburger Hill' never seen, but based on RL battle in veitianem

'We Were Soldiers' imo one of the 2 greatist veiname war movies ever made (other beign apoc now redux). based on the real life battle of "the Battle of Ia Drang", includign potrals of Real life war heros.

didnt go over all of them. but yes go watch soem of these ^_^

any ideas or thoughts?

My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • The Demi-God giving Cold Sore King
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
  • Xbox: YoungSykotic182
  • Steam: YoungSykotic182
Re: 30 best war movies
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 01:38:14 PM »
Nice list Agy. Saving Private Ryan is definitely up there for me. That was a great movie.

Tom

• Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 03:00:17 PM »
If series was added to this so it was best war series and movies I'd add band of brothers. :)

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.

DiamondBack662

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 03:10:14 PM »
Must sees if you like war movies:
A Bridge Too Far
Patton
In Harm's Way
The Longest Day
The Bridge on the River Kwai
Midway
Kelly's Heroes
The Sands of Iwo Jima
The Tuskegee Airmen
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 03:11:54 PM by DiamondBack662 »

Shorts the Environmentalist

• Supreme Member
  • I like to do graphics!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Shortpants128
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 08:03:04 PM »
i just watched this one today at school for when i go to gettysburg next week :

Gettysburg (1993)  - War movie about the fight of gettysburg in the civil war, (and many other battles just before it leeds the that)

Good film...except its 4-6 hours long...why i spent the entire day in one class lol.

anyways, the patriot, saving private ryan, black hawk down, and full metal jacket are good.

the one that blew me away the most :

Apocalypse Now (1979) - very good movie, about the vietnam war. and almost 4 hours long too.

just check those out, good films
I'm an Architect

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2013, 09:49:05 PM »
i just watched this one today at school for when i go to gettysburg next week :

Gettysburg (1993)  - War movie about the fight of gettysburg in the civil war, (and many other battles just before it leeds the that)

Good film...except its 4-6 hours long...why i spent the entire day in one class lol.

anyways, the patriot, saving private ryan, black hawk down, and full metal jacket are good.

the one that blew me away the most :

Apocalypse Now (1979) - very good movie, about the vietnam war. and almost 4 hours long too.

just check those out, good films

go watch the redux version, it adds like an hour to the movie, blow your mind all over again. adds a very very good scene wioth the French about there war in Vietnam before us. as well as a lot of um more adult things too, but at lest it adds to the "this is insanity" message that the movie wanted to show.

if you remember the scene were there coming to the last bridge/fort before Cambodia, and it has all the lights around and just total culster'f and with the main asking the black guy "wheres your CO?" "arnt you?!?!" talked ot a veitname vet before, some fo the storys he told me (that he probly shuldnet have :O) that scene sums up a lot of the war, and aculty maybe doesint even go far enough.

anywho

• Supreme Member
  • I like to do graphics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2013, 10:17:43 PM »
i don't know, i just found it on amc, so i watched it, and it was amazing.

there are plenty of other war movies, but terminator salvation doesn't really count. does it?
I'm an Architect

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 10:33:47 PM »

there are plenty of other war movies, but terminator salvation doesn't really count. does it?

amc cuts out a lot of things, if you can find a dvd of the redux version, and if your under 18, your paretns probly wouldent let you watch it with the redux version.......but at the same time I felt the redux version really gets the message out more.

anywho

• Supreme Member
  • I like to do graphics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 10:53:44 PM »

amc cuts out a lot of things, if you can find a dvd of the redux version, and if your under 18, your paretns probly wouldent let you watch it with the redux version.......but at the same time I felt the redux version really gets the message out more.

ya i honestly don't know, i think ill stick with the orginal version.

thanks for the option though, never knew about the extra things added on.
I'm an Architect