Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Short Rant On Profile Customization  (Read 2069 times)

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
Short Rant On Profile Customization
« on: November 11, 2015, 04:00:28 PM »
Okay, so like a lot of people I customized my profile with a bit of CSS to make it unique (changed the color of text), right? But some people seriously take it WAY over the line with customization. Why in 2015 would you make it so everything on your profile page does that stupid spinning thing so that literally no one can read anything? And the unreadable text. Why would you have a dark font on a black background? There are 14 people on the forum using the white theme out of the 3927 total users. Only 14 people can even read your profile! And don't even get me started on the auto loaded music (yes, I know. I was guilty of this in the past). And finally, I'm noticing people starting to embed games in their profile so we all get to wait another 20 seconds for your eye bleeding profile to load.

pls for the love of god make it stop.

/rant over. Sorry for being so salty. I <3 you all.
(Please note this post isn't targeted at anyone specific. This is just stuff I'm noticing all over the forums)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 04:03:40 PM by MrMarooca »
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

Dark Hydrak

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
Re: Short Rant On Profile Customization
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2015, 04:09:40 PM »
I got rid of the spinning code. It was annoying for me to get around. Now my profile is themed around Terraria. I once saw a profile with LITERALLY nothing on it. It was just a black screen. They wasn`t banned or anything, it was just the html or css script in it.

TheAwesomeBuilder

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2015, 04:12:50 PM »
Okay, so like a lot of people I customized my profile with a bit of CSS to make it unique (changed the color of text), right? But some people seriously take it WAY over the line with customization. Why in 2015 would you make it so everything on your profile page does that stupid spinning thing so that literally no one can read anything? And the unreadable text. Why would you have a dark font on a black background? There are 14 people on the forum using the white theme out of the 3927 total users. Only 14 people can even read your profile! And don't even get me started on the auto loaded music (yes, I know. I was guilty of this in the past). And finally, I'm noticing people starting to embed games in their profile so we all get to wait another 20 seconds for your eye bleeding profile to load.

pls for the love of god make it stop.

/rant over. Sorry for being so salty. I <3 you all.
(Please note this post isn't targeted at anyone specific. This is just stuff I'm noticing all over the forums)
I agree agree with everything, but what I highlighted.
What's so bad about music? Can't people share thier own interests?
Really? Ranting about games? What has this world come to.

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
  • Other: 何
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 04:16:42 PM »
What happened to not posting for a week?

And regarding the topic, people really have no reason to complain about other people's profiles. It's theirs. Why should it affect you? If someone has a bad looking profile, that's their problem, not yours. If you have an issue with someone's profile, tell them. Simple.

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 04:16:56 PM »
I agree agree with everything, but what I highlighted.
What's so bad about music? Can't people share thier own interests?
Really? Ranting about games? What has this world come to.
This is what I mean about the font color thing lol.
But no, if you want to do everything that I ranted about, you do you man. Go for it.
But think about it, how many times have you loaded a profile, and then immediately backed out or muted your PC because the music was either the loudest or most annoying thing you've ever heard? If we wanted to play Flash games we wouldn't be on Total Miner Forums.

What happened to not posting for a week?

And regarding the topic, people really have no reason to complain about other people's profiles. It's theirs. Why should it affect you? If someone has a bad looking profile, that's their problem, not yours. If you have an issue with someone's profile, tell them. Simple.

You have a point. I'm not trying to force you to change your profile or anything like that, I want to make that clear. I'm just expressing how annoying some of those things are. But take this example (lets say for the spinning stuff on profiles). Many times I've gone to a profile, and saw a link that I either needed to click or something that I needed to copy+paste. But as soon as you hover over that it spins away. Idk if this is just me, but the music thing especially ticks me off because I browse the forums and play CS:GO/TF2 at the same time, so I'll load a profile, then tab back to my game or something, then out of nowhere I start hearing random music and I can't figure out where it's coming from until I realize that I'm on the forums again.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 04:21:43 PM by MrMarooca »
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

Dark Hydrak

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 04:21:41 PM »
@ /gk

I was told that the Fun House does not add to your post count. So, I can post here.

Back to the topic:

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 04:49:48 PM »
Am I one of the problem profiles?

If so, I honestly do not expect many people to visit my profile, I am not well known. So I really don't take what other people see in my profile into consideration, I can read it, I like the way it looks, That is all that matters to me, I got tired of my boring profile page.

If you don't like it, I'm sorry, I do, And I am not changing it any time soon. If you need to send me a PM, You only have to look at it for a few seconds.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 04:57:18 PM »
Am I one of the problem profiles?

If so, I honestly do not expect many people to visit my profile, I am not well known. So I really don't take what other people see in my profile into consideration, I can read it, I like the way it looks, That is all that matters to me, I got tired of my boring profile page.

If you don't like it, I'm sorry, I do, And I am not changing it any time soon. If you need to send me a PM, You only have to look at it for a few seconds.

I'm not trying to target anyone with the OP, but no. You profile isn't really a problem one (imo) because you can actually read it.
btw I consider you pretty well known, I mean you do have 1k+ posts and everyone recognizes you in chat.

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
  • Other: 何
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 05:36:25 PM »
@ /gk

I was told that the Fun House does not add to your post count. So, I can post here.

Back to the topic:
Then how would you explain the post made 1 hour and 35 minutes after your no posting announcement, in the general discussion board, and then later in total miner general in your custom box thread?

On topic: Perhaps someone could figure out a way to add a button to disable CSS coding on profiles? If someone could, I'd add it to all of my profile themes.

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 05:39:13 PM »
I'm not trying to target anyone with the OP, but no. You profile isn't really a problem one (imo) because you can actually read it.
btw I consider you pretty well known, I mean you do have 1k+ posts and everyone recognizes you in chat.

I may have 1k posts, But that doesn't really make someone known.

And I never really see people recognising me, I just see people saying hi to me. Lol

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym