Author Topic: [Other] TM PC Modding API  (Read 26312 times)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
[Other] Re: TM PC Modding API
« Reply #160 on: January 03, 2017, 01:45:13 AM »
•Adding ores or other blocks to world generation
Atm it supports adding/changing default ore generation via C#. I'd like to extend that to XML.

•Adding in HUD elements, (in the fashion of say the hotbar, or other various game HUD pieces)
Yes, via C#

•Adding script commands, and what would be feasible with it
Not yet

•Adding loot to cave chest loot table
No

•Adding different types of random spawn chests with unique loot tables to the vanilla game
No

•Adding in world gen things like the caves that cave chests spawn in, or little pools of liquid for modded in liquids, or trees/other various flora, or structures like small buildings or castles
Not yet

-----

Regarding the first item on the list. Say I want to add an ore, will I be able to have them spawn naturally? What if I want to add other stone types to spawn in layers like marble or granite do, but I don't want to remove any of the default stone layers? Can I do that?
Yes via C#

What about if I want a different kind of grass to spawn in along side normal grass, not patchy like if grassy stone and grass shaded are, sort of like maybe a... makeshift biome thing?
Not yet

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
Re: TM PC Modding API
« Reply #161 on: January 03, 2017, 02:16:59 AM »
•Adding ores or other blocks to world generation
Atm it supports adding/changing default ore generation via C#. I'd like to extend that to XML.

•Adding in HUD elements, (in the fashion of say the hotbar, or other various game HUD pieces)
Yes, via C#

•Adding script commands, and what would be feasible with it
Not yet

•Adding loot to cave chest loot table
No

•Adding different types of random spawn chests with unique loot tables to the vanilla game
No

•Adding in world gen things like the caves that cave chests spawn in, or little pools of liquid for modded in liquids, or trees/other various flora, or structures like small buildings or castles
Not yet

-----

Regarding the first item on the list. Say I want to add an ore, will I be able to have them spawn naturally? What if I want to add other stone types to spawn in layers like marble or granite do, but I don't want to remove any of the default stone layers? Can I do that?
Yes via C#

What about if I want a different kind of grass to spawn in along side normal grass, not patchy like if grassy stone and grass shaded are, sort of like maybe a... makeshift biome thing?
Not yet
Are the no's going to stay a no? It seems like it'd be a useful feature to be able to add loot to the cave chest loot table and create your own random loot chests that have different types of weapins/blocks/armours.

The ones listed as not yet. Are they going to be possible via XML?

The ones listed as yes,C#. Will they be extended to XML.

Basically, I'm asking how much will be capable in XML. XML seems pretty convenient.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #162 on: January 03, 2017, 02:32:46 AM »
Are the no's going to stay a no?
Don't know yet.

I doubt extending scripts would be possible in XML. I don't know if it's even viable with C# yet.
I doubt interesting HUD elements would be possible via XML.

XML should be sufficient for most world gen stuff.

Courier

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam: [EON] Courier
« Reply #163 on: January 03, 2017, 06:27:30 PM »
Craig, do you think there is going to be a Steam Workshop for the PC version? Sorry is this has already been said before btw

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #164 on: January 03, 2017, 06:39:41 PM »
That is the plan.
-Alionz

Courier

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam: [EON] Courier
« Reply #165 on: January 03, 2017, 06:42:48 PM »
Ooooo nice. My dream is coming true ;D

Jim

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Instagram @mrjamie99
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site 1 year on site I AM THE LAW!
    • View Profile
    • My photography Facebook page!
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jiimalene
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #166 on: January 06, 2017, 07:20:33 AM »
What I would like to do if I ever have the chance to mod, is to be able to change the day and night sky. What I mean is that currently the daytime sky is plain blue with the sun and the night sky consists of a few stars and a moon.

What I would like to do is to be able to mod and add images of planets and moons that you can see throughout the day sky, and galaxy's and other things throughout the night sky.

Day could look like this: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/99/e4/c4/99e4c4faf6d68fdec7073b99422da790.jpg

Night could look like this: https://www.walldevil.com/101808-artwork-fantasy-art-concept-skies-galaxies-space-digital.html

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
Global Moderator given on December 27th 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: February 07, 2017, 03:38:25 AM »
I'm sure I saw an IsTexturable parameter somewhere.. Can someone help me out? I'm trying to mod a block.

Cheers,
Crab.
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #168 on: February 07, 2017, 10:16:25 AM »
I'm sure I saw an IsTexturable parameter somewhere...
There is no IsTextureable option, there is however the <TextureID> nearing the bottom of BlockData.xml.
-Alionz

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: February 07, 2017, 11:08:38 AM »
Hmm.. what does that parameter do, then?
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!