Author Topic: [Other] TM PC Modding API  (Read 23302 times)

Lord Leo

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Circle cat113
[Other] Re: TM PC Modding API
« Reply #180 on: December 23, 2017, 07:59:01 PM »
How do I edit/Create smelting recipes with this?

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
Re: TM PC Modding API
« Reply #181 on: December 28, 2017, 06:57:13 PM »
Behaviour.db and Dialog.db

These files enable provision of NPC Behaviour and Dialog trees.

To create these files, use the Export button on the Behaviours tab in the world where you have created the behaviours or dialog for the mod, and export the files to your Mod folder.
The export buttons are greyed out for me. Are they not currently useable?

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #182 on: December 28, 2017, 07:19:05 PM »
Behaviour.db and Dialog.db

These files enable provision of NPC Behaviour and Dialog trees.

To create these files, use the Export button on the Behaviours tab in the world where you have created the behaviours or dialog for the mod, and export the files to your Mod folder.
The export buttons are greyed out for me. Are they not currently useable?
They're disabled in Fullscreen because Windows sometimes crashes the game if it tries to open a File Select dialog in Fullscreen. Alt-Enter to windowed mode, close/reopen the Behaviour menu and the Export button should be enabled.

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
« Reply #183 on: December 28, 2017, 08:05:52 PM »
They're disabled in Fullscreen because Windows sometimes crashes the game if it tries to open a File Select dialog in Fullscreen. Alt-Enter to windowed mode, close/reopen the Behaviour menu and the Export button should be enabled.

Maybe window mode TM when someone tries to use these functions and return to full screen after?

Joel

• Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: December 28, 2017, 10:10:34 PM »
I wonder how modding the avatar player model will be or if it is even hard to implant.

on the xbox 360 i saw on the list of updates and future update that avatar editor was going to be release soon but anyway what are the steps to adding that avatar editor is it going to be hard to implant into the game.

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: December 29, 2017, 01:07:18 AM »
I wonder how modding the avatar player model will be or if it is even hard to implant.

on the xbox 360 i saw on the list of updates and future update that avatar editor was going to be release soon but anyway what are the steps to adding that avatar editor is it going to be hard to implant into the game.
I mean, I've already worn a custom avatar. Mind you, it only replaces an existing one the way I did it.

Joel

• Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #186 on: December 29, 2017, 09:20:40 AM »

I mean, I've already worn a custom avatar. Mind you, it only replaces an existing one the way I did it.

Really i thought it was npc only well nice done job.If you don't mind can you do a tutorial on replacing the player avatar yes i know Craig post a tutorial somewhere but i want to see with my eyes how its done and how you worn it too, forgive me for being pushy here.

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: December 29, 2017, 08:58:49 PM »
Really i thought it was npc only well nice done job.If you don't mind can you do a tutorial on replacing the player avatar yes i know Craig post a tutorial somewhere but i want to see with my eyes how its done and how you worn it too, forgive me for being pushy here.
It's really not hard to figure out if you browse through the game files and put 2 and 2 together. I will not be doing a tutorial on this, and Craig has not posted any tutorials on how to do this sort of thing. At least, none that I know of.

Joel

• Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: December 29, 2017, 11:41:51 PM »
Well thanks anyway but i wonder how this will effect multiplayer (when it comes out on pc) do you think it might crash the game or you'll just be invisable

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: December 30, 2017, 12:06:00 AM »
Well thanks anyway but i wonder how this will effect multiplayer (when it comes out on pc) do you think it might crash the game or you'll just be invisable
Let me put it this way. The models are like texture packs. If yours is different from someone elses, they just see what their default looks like. In my case, I'd look like a carpenter to them.

Joel

• Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #190 on: December 30, 2017, 12:24:09 AM »
hmmm very interesting,Now (sorry if i keep asking question but I'm very curious)in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 me and my brother like playing it anyway i tested mods on it with multiplayer i Chose to play as a modded goku super sayain vs a goku that is already in the game.....the game crash on my brother pc then later my did too now we both install the same mod now i can use this modded goku to fight a goku that's already in the game.....What I'm trying to say here if both player install the modded NPC/avatar can that player see your skin if Player 1 has modded skin when player 2 wearing default skin mind you both player have the same mod install can it work?

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: December 30, 2017, 12:33:58 AM »
hmmm very interesting,Now (sorry if i keep asking question but I'm very curious)in Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 me and my brother like playing it anyway i tested mods on it with multiplayer i Chose to play as a modded goku super sayain vs a goku that is already in the game.....the game crash on my brother pc then later my did too now we both install the same mod now i can use this modded goku to fight a goku that's already in the game.....What I'm trying to say here if both player install the modded NPC/avatar can that player see your skin if Player 1 has modded skin when player 2 wearing default skin mind you both player have the same mod install can it work?
Again, it's like a texture pack. I say this because I literally replaced an existing model, not added in a new one. If both players have the same texture pack equipped, they see the same thing. If one has Original HD and the other has Original HD Winter, they'll see different things. Same thing with models. If both players have the model replaced, they both see the same thing.

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #192 on: December 30, 2017, 02:46:49 AM »
Odd question, but is it possible to add a new door with a new texture? I'm thinking about trying to just add some of my blocks from what was going to be just a texture replacing mod, and I think a place where I want to start is by making saloon doors

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Joel

• Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: December 30, 2017, 02:37:19 PM »
Changing Existing Blocks:Adding new blocks is not yet supported, but you can change existing blocks. Changing blocks requires the modder to supply certain XML files which redefine the blocks properties, and PNG files to redefine their textures. Each mod can change multiple blocks. No programming is required.
As you can see if you want that new door you have too replace the texture or changing the file of that door

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Qvzw
  • PSN: Widumn_Boise
« Reply #194 on: January 03, 2018, 06:22:38 AM »
Is there anyway you or anyone who knows can make a video showing how to do the npc and item changing, just a quick overview to get to learn