Author Topic: [Other] TM PC Modding API  (Read 19788 times)

Courier

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Steam: [EON] Courier
[Other] Re: TM PC Modding API
« Reply #165 on: January 03, 2017, 06:42:48 PM »
Ooooo nice. My dream is coming true ;D

Jim

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Instagram @mrjamie99
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 2 years on site 1 year on site I AM THE LAW!
    • View Profile
    • My photography Facebook page!
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vJamie xD
  • Steam: Jimalene
Re: TM PC Modding API
« Reply #166 on: January 06, 2017, 07:20:33 AM »
What I would like to do if I ever have the chance to mod, is to be able to change the day and night sky. What I mean is that currently the daytime sky is plain blue with the sun and the night sky consists of a few stars and a moon.

What I would like to do is to be able to mod and add images of planets and moons that you can see throughout the day sky, and galaxy's and other things throughout the night sky.

Day could look like this: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/99/e4/c4/99e4c4faf6d68fdec7073b99422da790.jpg

Night could look like this: https://www.walldevil.com/101808-artwork-fantasy-art-concept-skies-galaxies-space-digital.html

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
Global Moderator given on December 27th 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: February 07, 2017, 03:38:25 AM »
I'm sure I saw an IsTexturable parameter somewhere.. Can someone help me out? I'm trying to mod a block.

Cheers,
Crab.
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #168 on: February 07, 2017, 10:16:25 AM »
I'm sure I saw an IsTexturable parameter somewhere...
There is no IsTextureable option, there is however the <TextureID> nearing the bottom of BlockData.xml.
-Alionz

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: February 07, 2017, 11:08:38 AM »
Hmm.. what does that parameter do, then?
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Lord Leo

• Legendary Member
  • Aka Cat
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Circle cat113
« Reply #170 on: December 23, 2017, 04:01:07 PM »
How do I add sound?

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #171 on: December 23, 2017, 04:06:21 PM »
How do I add sound?
Only via C# at the moment.

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #172 on: December 23, 2017, 04:07:43 PM »
Hey Craig, you ever gonna finish the documentation on the items section?

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #173 on: December 23, 2017, 04:30:13 PM »
What is a program you can use to write this stuff? Sorry, new to modding but have some plans

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: December 23, 2017, 04:36:42 PM »
What is a program you can use to write this stuff? Sorry, new to modding but have some plans
If you don't plan on doing any C# coding, and just the xml, basic notepad is fine, however I strongly suggest using notepad++

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: December 23, 2017, 04:39:37 PM »
If you don't plan on doing any C# coding, and just the xml, basic notepad is fine, however I strongly suggest using notepad++
And then I just copy the file into the mods folder?

#BanAtlas

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: December 23, 2017, 04:52:43 PM »
Not quite. You make a folder for the particular mod in the mods folder, so it'd look like this in a file path.

The xml file would be located in the very last folder there.

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: December 23, 2017, 04:58:39 PM »
Not quite. You make a folder for the particular mod in the mods folder, so it'd look like this in a file path.

The xml file would be located in the very last folder there.
Would it be possible to stack textures on each other in a mod? Odd question, I know

#BanAtlas

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
  • Awards 3 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #178 on: December 23, 2017, 05:01:39 PM »
Would it be possible to stack textures on each other in a mod? Odd question, I know
Layers? It would need to be flattened before it can be used within game.
-Alionz

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #179 on: December 23, 2017, 07:55:13 PM »
Layers? It would need to be flattened before it can be used within game.
I mean just overlap the pictures. Like for example if one texture was just the blade and the other was just the handle and one was just the gemstone in the sword, could i make it so that depending on what history a player has, the blade, handle, and gemstone can be different textures while all 3 models are occupying the same space

#BanAtlas