Author Topic: [Other] TM PC Modding API  (Read 26877 times)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
Re: TM PC Modding API
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2015, 08:37:57 PM »
Reserved.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2015, 07:59:40 PM »
bump.

Feel free to discus, although I'd recommend not asking questions like - what does this field do, as we will fill that information in as time goes on.

This is not the place to learn about XML or ask questions about XML, and if I see posts of that nature, they'll likely disappear with no trace (along with anything else I consider to be spam).

The topic is intended as a discussion point for modders on the API itself.

If you don't know XML and would like to learn, there are literally thousands of resources on the internet to do that, so please do that over there..
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 08:45:38 PM by Craig »

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2015, 08:07:44 PM »
Interesting. I never really imagined the API would use XML (I just assumed we'd use some dll's supplied by dev's or whatever). Do you guys think this could make the API somewhat limited compared to using supplied libraries or something similar? I do like the XML idea though, it offers the ability for everyone to make mods - even those not familiar with .NET.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 09:14:37 PM by MrMarooca »
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2015, 08:45:10 PM »
Do you guys think this could make the API somewhat limited compared to using supplied libraries or something similar?
No, the XML part of the API is just the start. We will start simple and build from that. For starters we'll try to expose as much as possible that can be modified via data only, then we'll add support for modification via programming.

Cooldude8

• View Profile
  • Xbox: Sharpbraineagl1
  • Steam: wesley51471
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2015, 12:42:17 PM »

You should make a side tool in the PC port for the people dont know what XML is or how to program in XML        You should make a side tool in the PC port for the people dont know what XML is or how to program in XML

You should make a side tool in the PC port for the people dont know what XML is or how to program in XML

You should make a side tool in the PC port for the people dont know what XML is or how to program in XML

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2015, 12:56:12 PM »

You should make a side tool in the PC port for the people dont know what XML is or how to program in XML        You should make a side tool in the PC port for the people dont know what XML is or how to program in XML

We may also develop a tool to make custom object creation easier for those that are not comfortable working with XML files directly.

XML is really easy to learn though, I suggest checking W3Schools out for some examples.
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2015, 01:57:21 PM »
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ArrayOfItemCombatDataXML xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <ItemCombatDataXML>
    <CombatID>SteelSword</CombatID>
    <Health>0</Health>
    <Attack>40</Attack>
    <Strength>30</Strength>
    <Defence>30</Defence>
    <Ranged>0</Ranged>
    <Magic>0</Magic>
    <Looting>0</Looting>
  </ItemCombatDataXML>
</ArrayOfItemCombatDataXML>

Ahem! Craaaig! Is there something you'd like to tell us?

Also, Will this API allow for modders to create custom player skills for use in special items? For example, If I made a lockpick item, Could I make it only usable if you had a (Custom) LockPicking skill level of =>x?

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Campbell

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2015, 11:04:29 PM »
bump.

Also, Will this API allow for modders to create custom player skills for use in special items? For example, If I made a lockpick item, Could I make it only usable if you had a (Custom) LockPicking skill level of =>x?
Not with the XML modding method, but once we implement the ability to create mods via programming I don't see why not ;)

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2015, 10:53:39 AM »
bump.
Not with the XML modding method, but once we implement the ability to create mods via programming I don't see why not ;)

Will the XML method allow for us to directly tie script commands into an item's swing function?

For example, Could I make an item that automatically teleports the player 15 blocks in front of them by tying a "Teleport [Player] [vrel:15,-2,0]" script command to the item's swing function?

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Joel

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2015, 03:25:15 PM »
can we mod the player model just like adding mob or is that going to be discus later.