Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Official Total Miner Community Channel  (Read 4569 times)

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber (2013-2019)
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
Re: Official Total Miner Community Channel
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2015, 04:51:57 PM »
My channel name is EmpireBuilds

Link - http://bit.ly/1R1Nitx

You can find the fantasy video through one of the playlists
Thanks I will take a look. Ugh will be going through to find uploaders for tm that are regularly. Those channels will be subbed to so we can check back to them. So that way we all have chances.

/mm Thanks GK for Sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

Total Miner Dude

• Awesome TM YouTuber
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
  • Xbox: Sonic Batarang
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2015, 04:52:19 PM »
We will pick and chose videos. But if you want to submit a video pm me or post it. And I will take a look at it. :D

I hope to have vids on it Myst. Plus channel art could use work btw. Just make it all original (the artwork). Ver Gluk. <-- Thats German. Look it up.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2015, 04:56:44 PM »

I hope to have vids on it Myst. Plus channel art could use work btw. Just make it all original (the artwork). Ver Gluk. <-- Thats German. Look it up.
Working on that. We also have subbed to you for one of the check ups. ;)

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • I sometimes eat onions.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
  • Xbox: casual onion
  • Steam: casual onion
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2015, 07:25:27 PM »
Was gonna put this shoutbox but it was a bit long winded. I see that the first video is up but here's my viewpoint...

Don't get me wrong, i'm all for the community channel but i think that it would be better to upload new videos and not re-upload others. I suppose you could have videos that aren't on YT for instance. Similar to how that Yogscast works i.e. they all contribute to the channel i.e. Mysterio uploads a video one week, zone does the next video, and then so on with other contributors, maybe weekly episodes too?

I completely understand that you all have other channels and lives so you may not be able to stick to this but even fortnightly or monthly uploads is perfectly fine.

Another thing is peoples atttention spans are low. Whilst filming a video on my channel, i found out that the average retention is just 5 minutes. As bad as it sounds, i'd say keep it to that. I'd happily watch a long episode (providing it was entertaining) but you can't please everyone.

Another idea is uploading something that you do on your own channels.

E.g.

Mysterio could do world jumping/showcases
Zone could do tutorials
TMD could do deathmatches

I'd stick to tutorials, build offs and showcases personally. Also link up some social media because that helps and don't forget to link them to forums too!

I'm aware theirs more TMF YT's but i'm not an elephant so i forgot (i'm an onion)

Anyway here's some constructive criticism for you and good luck (i subscribed)

| Thanks for reading my post. It was great, wasn't it? |

| I build Economy RPG Maps, here i my current one. Hazzah! |

| Feel Free to send me a message on here on the TM Discord (casual onion#3563) |

| Enjoy the next post! |

Jesse

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2015, 07:29:03 PM »
Was gonna put this shoutbox but it was a bit long winded. I see that the first video is up but here's my viewpoint...

Don't get me wrong, i'm all for the community channel but i think that it would be better to upload new videos and not re-upload others. I suppose you could have videos that aren't on YT for instance. Similar to how that Yogscast works i.e. they all contribute to the channel i.e. Mysterio uploads a video one week, zone does the next video, and then so on with other contributors, maybe weekly episodes too?

I completely understand that you all have other channels and lives so you may not be able to stick to this but even fortnightly or monthly uploads is perfectly fine.

Another thing is peoples atttention spans are low. Whilst filming a video on my channel, i found out that the average retention is just 5 minutes. As bad as it sounds, i'd say keep it to that. I'd happily watch a long episode (providing it was entertaining) but you can't please everyone.

E.g.

Zone could do tutorials

I'd stick to tutorials, build offs and showcases personally. Also link up some social media because that helps and don't forget to link them to forums too!

I'm aware theirs more TMF YT's but i'm not an elephant so i forgot (i'm an onion)

The channel is to showcase other channels and what they can bring to the table. But i might pop in a few uploads. ^-^

Zone

• Elite Member
  • Total Miner Youtuber
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • Xbox: IGs x Zone
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2015, 07:36:40 PM »

E.g.

Zone could do tutorials

Even myself, I don't upload weekly. I upload anything about Total Miner to Tutorials/Scripts/Showcase/World Hop/Showoff/Speed Build Etc but I normally Upload monthly or when there's a update out for TM. As this is a Community Channel I can't see why there's a problem with uploading Videos from the past as then people know where to find them and helps with more videos on the channel. Also for me I normally get around 7-10mins of watch time on my videos so idk where the 5mins came from lol but as I see it, What he's doing is fine and shouldn't be too much changes but I do agree there should be social media Linked as this helps with keeping people around the Forums/Etc.
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
Your getting close
So close
Come on you can do it!
Can you feel the burn??
Your on fire!
Cold
Hot
HOT!!
Hi :D

Jesse

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2015, 07:42:42 PM »
Even myself, I don't upload weekly. I upload anything about Total Miner to Tutorials/Scripts/Showcase/World Hop/Showoff/Speed Build Etc but I normally Upload monthly or when there's a update out for TM. As this is a Community Channel I can't see why there's a problem with uploading Videos from the past as then people know where to find them and helps with more videos on the channel. Also for me I normally get around 7-10mins of watch time on my videos so idk where the 5mins came from lol but as I see it, What he's doing is fine and shouldn't be too much changes but I do agree there should be social media Linked as this helps with keeping people around the Forums/Etc.
Added a link to www.totalminerforums.net on the channel. Thanks can't believe i did not do that yet.

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • I sometimes eat onions.
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
  • Xbox: casual onion
  • Steam: casual onion
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2015, 07:52:51 PM »
The channel is to showcase other channels and what they can bring to the table. But i might pop in a few uploads. ^-^

I'll look forward to a few 'cheeky' Mysterio videos :)

I agree with you. I wouldn't quote me on the watch time, it was the first article i clicked on! What gave me the idea is that in the suggested videos, it suggested the video it was showing (woah, that's a mind explosion!), which didn't seem 'right' to me personally. Also i forgot to mention scripting and the long forgotten wifi block tutorials as well as this is commonly asked on the forums.

Added a link to www.totalminerforums.net on the channel. Thanks can't believe i did not do that yet.

Me neither lol!
| Thanks for reading my post. It was great, wasn't it? |

| I build Economy RPG Maps, here i my current one. Hazzah! |

| Feel Free to send me a message on here on the TM Discord (casual onion#3563) |

| Enjoy the next post! |

Pringle

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: pringle2009
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2015, 02:27:02 PM »
Can you link the video.
I will contact you what is your channel name?
https://m.
https://m.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2015, 02:43:49 PM »