Author Topic: [Skills] Skills Reset Wtf  (Read 891 times)

Stiffler3791

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Stiffler3791
[Skills] Skills Reset Wtf
« on: November 02, 2015, 11:28:12 PM »
Just created and hosted a Global rank server earlier today and grinded hella hard with a few friends. Well, we all got off and got back on and all of our stats are back to 1. Map is exactly how it was before so I know it saved. Anything I'm doing wrong? And yes before anyone says I didn't have it on global. I definitely did.

Faint of Clubs

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Faintcub7332217
Re: Skills Reset Wtf
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2015, 11:31:34 PM »
Just created and hosted a Global rank server earlier today and grinded hella hard with a few friends. Well, we all got off and got back on and all of our stats are back to 1. Map is exactly how it was before so I know it saved. Anything I'm doing wrong? And yes before anyone says I didn't have it on global. I definitely did.

This is a bug that affects players whom had a new profile or deleted their old TM data since the update.
It is patched in 2.42, however you can view the bug reports info on a possible fix.
That guy with dem scripts.

Stiffler3791

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2015, 11:33:48 PM »
Right on. I'll check it out thx.

Stiffler3791

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 04:36:38 AM »
Yeah I don't see any fix. Just got to 45 mining a second time and got reset again. Unless a fix is found for this no way in hell am I playing this anymore.

Faint of Clubs

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Faintcub7332217
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 04:40:24 AM »
Yeah I don't see any fix. Just got to 45 mining a second time and got reset again. Unless a fix is found for this no way in hell am I playing this anymore.

The fix will be here soon enough, in the update.
The fix i mentioned is more technical and for the computer savvy, but i do have an alternative.
If you like the game try local skills. They will not reset, and i promise TM is a very brilliant game worth your time, Craig works hard to fix every issue he has to face, so a bit of patience from us is always needed.

Local skills will basically set any player who joins your world to level 1, and they have to level within your world.
(this wont carry to other worlds, however it will keep from ruining your personal progress in your world)
That guy with dem scripts.

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2015, 06:45:12 AM »

http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=14950.msg158155#msg158155

Quote from: Craig
For anyone who can't wait for the update, and is familiar with modio, the fix is to load the game data file into modio (Total Miner Forge Data), delete the GamertagData0.db file, and copy the data file back to your Xbox. As usual ensure you back up the data file before proceeding.

Stiffler3791

• Fresh Meat
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2015, 08:02:59 AM »
Ok wow that's an easy fix. Might get old after a while but beggars cant be choosers. I just started a server with local stats with the squad so I may just wait until the update to hit global. I'll give the modio workaround a try later. Thanks for the input guys.

SHAdowboRn77

• We are born in the shadows.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: SHAdowboRn77
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2015, 07:21:18 PM »
There was many bugs with skills. Also if you obtained these by cheating somehow, that's also why.
I am not him, I am his shadow.

Peril Knight

• RIP totalbiscuit
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: FighterOfNight
  • PSN: Getting one very soon
  • Steam: Daughters of Belmont
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2015, 07:28:41 PM »
There was many bugs with skills. Also if you obtained these by cheating somehow, that's also why.
Do you know how to read?
My Progress on mega man 10 hard mode mr perfect so far...

Code: [Select]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj8WF82BMoE&list=PLDeFO7dqjf2EIQN8UiS0oy3pwNkLQ-vdn