Author Topic:  Creating a Pure-blood (first real pixel art)  (Read 851 times)

Stormthorn

• Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: WafleHouse 4Tet
Creating a Pure-blood (first real pixel art)
« on: May 23, 2013, 03:25:40 AM »
Im putting this in its own thread as, rather than a character or asset, it is intended as my first use of MSpaint to produce something artistic. It tries to poignantly depict the aftermath of the horrific process of making a woman into a Vampire Lord in the Elder Scrolls universe.

"We call such confluences the 'Daughters of Coldharbour'."

Now larger:

My first work of this size, and my first use of anything but straight-on as an angle. My first human body. So, for instance, she has no rear arm, as I dont know how to depict that without making the two into a big arm-blob.  I intend to practice to get better in the future, but I felt compelled to see if I could use my limited skills to nonethless invoke emotion.

Hopefully I can do a prettier version of this once I get better.

Spoiler for Hidden Content:

GrimTimes

• Awards Unique Content Contributors 1 year on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Gr1mT1m3z
Re: Creating a Pure-blood (first real pixel art)
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 03:29:53 AM »
Nice. I gotta say, I really do enjoy pixel art. One thing I will suggest is to try and do some shading. It would make you art look even better. Love looking at these, keep up the good work.
<--- Click for my texture pack and info!

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 03:51:33 AM »
Its an interesting piece, shouldn't be to difficult for you to pull of so id love to see it whens it's done.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Silver

• Elite Member
  • I write stories. What else do you need to know?!
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site Former MotM winners Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 03:55:49 AM »
Looks great! You're really good at pixel art. :)

Stormthorn

• Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: WafleHouse 4Tet
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 02:41:49 PM »
Nice. I gotta say, I really do enjoy pixel art. One thing I will suggest is to try and do some shading. It would make you art look even better. Love looking at these, keep up the good work.

I have shading on the sphere "thing" in my other thread. This particular one was left unshaded intentionally, to make it look stark. Although I may do a little bit.

Spoiler for Hidden Content: