Author Topic:  Featured video contest  (Read 4141 times)

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Featured video contest
« on: October 24, 2015, 08:51:44 PM »
As I mentioned in another topic we're going to do a featured video contest. This will be a monthly thing (assuming there's enough entries to keep it going)

Here's how it works:

You make a TM video. Sorry, I'm not interested in your Call of Duty clip collection. If you want to use a video from something like twitch, that's fine also. But upload it to youtube before you send it to me. The twitch player is laggy, not as well supported across browsers, and generally horrible.

You PM it to me. DO NOT POST IT IN THIS THREAD. If you post it in this thread I am going to disqualify you for not reading.

Send me only ONE video. So pick wisely. Sorry but I don't have the free time to sit around watching 18 hours of youtube videos.

Around a week before the start of each new month, I will post a topic for community voting.

Video with the highest amount of votes gets 5 points. Second place gets 4 points. Third place gets 3 points. Fourth gets 2 points. Fifth gets 1 point. Anything after that gets none.

Then there's the bob vote. Point values are the same as the ones listed above. I'll rank them in order of what I like best.

Highest total points wins.

In the event of a tie, I'll ask the moderating and testing teams for votes and that will be the final decision.

Contest begins right now. You have until the final week of November to send me your video.

Prizes: Forum Artist award. Featured on the Total Miner homepage for the month of December, and your video is posted on the TM facebook.

Also, before you think about trying to game the system. I already have that part figured out, and you're wasting you're time. So don't bother, cause it will most likely end up with you being disqualified.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 08:58:46 PM by bob »

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • This Hotel Sucks
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Steam: neftygaming1
Re: Featured video contest
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 09:20:44 PM »
Is this any video about TM whatsoever? Like Tutorials, Showcases, etc...?
Miner Of The Month - April 2014

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 09:22:34 PM »
Is this any video about TM whatsoever? Like Tutorials, Showcases, etc...?
I wonder if animation would be counted in that etc of yours.

Faint of Clubs

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Faintcub7332217
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 09:23:19 PM »
I'm very interested in this,, however i currently have no way to make a video.
Would i be disqualified if i had another player record a short highlight reel of some of my best script works for submission?
(This wouldnt be any very great builds, but if you look at youtube, minecrafters love to see creative redstone builds, why not a showcase of impressive scripts?)

am i applicable as long as i follow the other guidelines?
That guy with dem scripts.

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
  • Awards Award for outstanding excellence in the field of bob 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 09:29:35 PM »
It can be whatever sort of video you guys want to make. I'm not going to put a ton of restrictions on that. Just as long as it's no more than PG-13 rated (this will be on the homepage after all.)

I'm very interested in this,, however i currently have no way to make a video.
Would i be disqualified if i had another player record a short highlight reel of some of my best script works for submission?
I don't mind if someone else does the actual recording. The person who submits it will be the one who wins the award though, so that there isn't any potential drama.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 09:41:26 PM »
Video with the highest amount of votes gets 5 points. Second place gets 4 points. Third place gets 3 points. Fourth gets 2 points. Fifth gets 1 point. Anything after that gets none.

What are these points for?

/mm August 15th 2018 /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 09:44:04 PM »
The points determine the winner. ie, if video A totals 7 points and video B totals 6 points, video A is the winner

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 09:49:03 PM »
The points determine the winner. ie, if video A totals 7 points and video B totals 6 points, video A is the winner
ahh are these videos allowed to be map trailers?

/mm August 15th 2018 /mm

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • This Hotel Sucks
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 09:50:03 PM »
It can be whatever sort of video you guys want to make. I'm not going to put a ton of restrictions on that. Just as long as it's no more than PG-13 rated (this will be on the homepage after all.)

ahh are these videos allowed to be map trailers?

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 09:51:31 PM »

Thanks Nefty and bob got it that is all i need to know.

/mm August 15th 2018 /mm

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • This Hotel Sucks
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2015, 09:55:26 PM »
Will there be a limit on how many submissions you will accept? I know one per person, but an overall cap on videos allowed?

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2015, 10:06:39 PM »
Will there be a limit on how many submissions you will accept? I know one per person, but an overall cap on videos allowed?
I don't think that'll be necessary right now. People on the forums with cap cards are fairly limited. If it's an overwhelming number of entries then I might add one for the January contest, but for this particular one, no.

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2015, 10:17:23 PM »
whats the video length limit

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2015, 10:25:34 PM »
Length is up to you.

.ok

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 4 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2015, 10:34:05 PM »
Length is up to you.
so if its a hr vid youre perfectly fine with that? :3