Author Topic:  Chat prefix and r,g,b text colour.  (Read 252 times)

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
Chat prefix and r,g,b text colour.
« on: October 20, 2015, 04:54:38 PM »
Just 2 ideas for the text chat:

A way to set a prefix for a players name in text chat. Ideally based of a history they have:

If
HasHistory [Rank1] [player] [true]
Then
TextChatPrefix [Rank1]

I know the above is a script but it's the easiest way i could think to describe it. Ideally it'd be part of the game options and would automatically be set and change when the history does. if the player doesn't have the respective history then no prefix is shown.

Second one is an option for the player to choose there TextChat colour. This could be another option when pressing up + A. A basic list could be shown (red, blue, green, etc...) and maybe a final option for the player to set a custom colour using r,g,b

Titan

• Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Chat prefix and r,g,b text colour.
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 05:19:49 PM »
or it could be this script.

Prefix [text] [r,b,g]

so the prefix would be colored, and Prefix script, shows up in the text messaging and other stuff also like notify scripts.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 07:41:45 PM »
I like this idea good idea.

/mm August 15th 2018 /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2015, 02:07:03 AM »
To further expand on the TextChat Colour... I'll use a script as an example again as i have no idea how this could be implemented as a world default or system setting and it's the easiest way to describe it.

The world owner could set what colours are available to use and who can use them. Any colour not set would not be usable (except for the current default one).

[TextChatColour] [name] [r,g,b] [admin|clan|player|history]

So for example:

[TextChatColour] [r-ed] [255,0,0] [admin] (i added the - in name to stop it changing my text colour)

Would show red as an option for any admins to use and no one else.