Author Topic: [Skills] Skill: (None) increased in level and an extra note  (Read 493 times)

Faint of Clubs

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Faintcub7332217
[Skills] Skill: (None) increased in level and an extra note
« on: October 17, 2015, 11:01:50 PM »
When spamming keys upon the ground in 2.3 skill (none) would level up. I havent checked to see if this still happens, but, could you enlighten us as to the plans for this?

Side Note-
If you don't mind, could we also get a spoiler on what Wand is?
Will wand cast magic? or simply activate a script upon activation?
I approve of a 'command wand' if that is your idea.
A magic wand would however be interesting, but a balancing nightmare.
Players can gain skill levels to see 'usable wand' and 'usable sundial'.
That guy with dem scripts.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Former MotM winners 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
Re: Skill: (None) increased in level and an extra note
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 01:01:19 AM »
Asking for spoilers won't get them. But the none was a bug/mistake might not be intentional.

/mm Thanks Gold Knight for sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

XBLToothPik

• Modder
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2015, 01:06:57 AM »
Sounds like a bug more than a hidden feature.  None is not supposed to be able to be viewed as far as I know and to my knowledge can only be seen if something (a bug) goes wrong.

Faint of Clubs

• View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Faintcub7332217
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2015, 01:26:38 AM »
Asking for spoilers won't get them. But the none was a bug/mistake might not be intentional.
Edit: I reread my post, I actualy did ask for spoilers. xD
So yeah, my bad, but when i said spoilers i more meant the text dropdown box to hide it if no one wanted to see. So that we could hear his ideas.. I guess maybe it is a a bit spoily lol.
-Original:
I'm not asking for spoilers, i'm asking about things he has allowed the player to see in game.
If i said 'hey craig what are your plans for future items' then yeah.
But this, is simply me asking in a skils post, about Skills.
1. What is the none skill for? Obviously it was either to be implemented or it was a bug, but it is a hidden skill with no statistic, and no string name other than none.
2. What is the use of these items we are able to 'use' when we level to a certain point?
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 01:32:07 AM by Faintcub7332217 »
That guy with dem scripts.

deuceman2008

• Work Hard, Play Hard
  • Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • In-Depth Skills Wiki Owner
    • Awards
  • Xbox: vKPv Owners
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 05:45:55 PM »
Edit: I reread my post, I actualy did ask for spoilers. xD
So yeah, my bad, but when i said spoilers i more meant the text dropdown box to hide it if no one wanted to see. So that we could hear his ideas.. I guess maybe it is a a bit spoily lol.
-Original:
I'm not asking for spoilers, i'm asking about things he has allowed the player to see in game.
If i said 'hey craig what are your plans for future items' then yeah.
But this, is simply me asking in a skils post, about Skills.
1. What is the none skill for? Obviously it was either to be implemented or it was a bug, but it is a hidden skill with no statistic, and no string name other than none.
2. What is the use of these items we are able to 'use' when we level to a certain point?

Sometimes, programmers need aa "dud" or unused feature that is similar to other features for bug testing or convenience. It's, more that likely, implemented to test how skills level up. That, or it's a place holder for the other skills to work off of. Just because it's there, doesn't mean it has to be used. In fact, programmers, often times, start projects in the coding, but don't finish them due to lack of time, leaving the works of that prject, unused, in the coding. We've even seen this before here when someone got a hex editor and leaked a little bit of coding Craig started on the quest system. Although, as you know, there is no legitament quest system yet.
My Forum Group RPG:

In-Depth Skills Wiki Owner