Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  XBOX ONE (New Generation)  (Read 75575 times)

Kitty

• Legendary Member
  • Sinking into nothing at all~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Milkshakez7z
Re: XBOX ONE (New Generation)
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2013, 07:20:32 AM »

One final thought (blatantly stolen from a comment on Gamestop):
"Kinect, turn off."
"Sorry Dave, I can't do thatů."

Reminds me of this

muD

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 07:54:48 AM »
so no new particle based graphic engine, no new media format, no use of 3d imagery.. just more of the same old stuff mixed together, again.. how "exciting"

if that motion sensor thing is mandatory i will not consider trying/using it.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner

Zidane Tribal

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 09:16:45 AM »
That little fact frankly worries me. They've been pushing developers this gen to use Kinect in any possible game. Now once your userbase has 100% Kinect penetration that's only going to grow. I can just see the mandatory Kinect useage mandate now, the same way they did with achievements, and xbl features.
I'm not so sure. It appears the app store will be integrated, and I can't imagine every app store app being required to support kinect?

btw it appears the app store is the way forward for indie games on the next gen. So Total Miner may be possible on it.

I like the way your thinking...

In fact, I've changed my mind. I'll get me Slim, wait a few months before getting the Xbox One. But generally have the both of them. oh and maybe CoD Ghosts can still be preordered.

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Agykoo
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2013, 10:42:09 AM »
Frankly I'd turn back to the PC as my primary gamecenter rather than go to PS4 or *shudder* the Wii-Pew.

I already have a gaming PC. Unfortunately I like collecting games for it more than actually playing them. I've never even bothered downloading about 90% of the games I've bought.

Have the Wii U as well. That's primarily for Nintendo games though.

I'll have to get PS4 to play the multiplatform games. Not like I'm missing out on any great MS exclusives, other than Halo and Gears of War..neither of which I care about. I really don't care about achievements so, no loss for me there

Seems like MS has caught alot of what Sony had right before PS3 came out..where they fully believe it's going to win just because their logo is stamped on it.

Too much Kinect, too much focus on movies and tv shows, xbox gold fees, a surcharge to use a game on more than a single gamertag.

i love you and your ren and stmpy refrinces!!!! zomg i thought i was the only one!!!! ^_^

any way as to xbox, not impressed really, was a joek that half of the reviel yesterday was sprots.......urgh.

also as others have said i dont care for konnect to much, my current one collects dust and we onyl got it becuse soem of us wanted to play steal battalion (witch turns out to be a nightmare to use).

the core sounds nice fo rit, but only 8g RAM? my 3+ year old computer has 12g.....and sooner or latter much more.

and price is gona be a huge thing, at lest to my family. cant drop $500+ or so. and i dont trust them any way after the last feasco with over heating.

also grpahics wise, i was not impressed at all. yea showing the diffrince between mw3 and ghoast was cool. but the ghost stuff was all on a computer any way not game play game play (as in it was a demoed shiny gameplay, eveyr game does it) other stuffed they showe dwas all cut scenes, so it was no where near the midnblowingness i was promised, and difntly not worht the upgrade yet.

if things keep up i will gladly move over to a ps4, infact i always wanted a ps3 becuse it has games i cant play but on it XD
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

The White Rabbit

• Legendary Member
  • Are you a solo builder too?
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Nobodies56
  • PSN: A_Blessed_Potato
  • Steam: Ray
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2013, 10:47:12 AM »
I agree agy I hate pre rendered cutscenes when they try and release something and I traded in my kinect since it was pointless to have but yeah night move to ps4 or just stay pc

Thanks GK for the new sig it looks great!

You may be able to teach a chimp to dance, but will he dance for your tune?

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Agykoo
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2013, 10:49:05 AM »
now that i have read the 2nd page ^_^

@zidane, am very happy with my slim, if you work it out (at lest here in the states ti worked) i was able to get a core model and buy the 320g hard dive seprate for mthe same price as a 250g slim ^_^

as to other things now, yes the looks of it are terriabe bad, it does nto need to look liek a space ship, but this plan old box thing is annoying.

also to used games, i am confused on that, it made it sound like if you have game X, and then sell it, you can still keep playing it if you pay a fee once someone else trys to install it. at lest thats the way i rwead it.

but if it doeisnt work that way, what will happen to companys liek gamefly that rent video games? only reasion i even play the amoutn of games i do is becuse of that company and if they cant rent xbox one games i may never ever get an xbox one becuse i am not droping $60+ for a game idk if i liek or not. and no demos dont count becuse half the time they lie to me.

i have a ice pc as it is, at this rate i will be moving over to it much more now :O, already get games liek skyrim just for pc now XD

My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

II FerGie x 🍀

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • Potato!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: II FerGie x
  • PSN: II_FerGie_x
  • Steam: iifergiex
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2013, 12:03:46 PM »
That little fact frankly worries me. They've been pushing developers this gen to use Kinect in any possible game. Now once your userbase has 100% Kinect penetration that's only going to grow. I can just see the mandatory Kinect useage mandate now, the same way they did with achievements, and xbl features.
I'm not so sure. It appears the app store will be integrated, and I can't imagine every app store app being required to support kinect?

btw it appears the app store is the way forward for indie games on the next gen. So Total Miner may be possible on it.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/05/22/indie-devs-cant-self-publish-on-xbox-one
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/22/xbox-one-wont-allow-indies-to-self-publish/

Craig, you might want to read these...

TDi Saint

• View Profile
  • Xbox: TDi Saint
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2013, 12:33:54 PM »
I'm not going to judge the Xbox One and whether I should get it or not until people actually get their hands on it, also, with regards to multiple people in the room telling kinect to do this that and the other I think I read somewhere that it recognizes your voice.

The White Rabbit

• Legendary Member
  • Are you a solo builder too?
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Nobodies56
  • PSN: A_Blessed_Potato
  • Steam: Ray
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2013, 02:03:53 PM »
I'm not going to judge the Xbox One and whether I should get it or not until people actually get their hands on it, also, with regards to multiple people in the room telling kinect to do this that and the other I think I read somewhere that it recognizes your voice.

But since kinect is a family device then it will recognise all members of the family since they will play games together on kinect so it will still be an issue

Thanks GK for the new sig it looks great!

You may be able to teach a chimp to dance, but will he dance for your tune?