Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Views on death  (Read 1022 times)

Wumboist

• Wum-Bo-Ist!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Wumboist
Re: Views on death
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2015, 11:14:28 AM »
Seconds in 1000 years =3.1536 x10^10
Time since Big Bang in years = 1.38 x10^10
Time since Big Bang in seconds = 4.351968 x10^17

How did you come up with this? I got different results.
Message me on Xbox if you want help on your maps! :D

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2015, 11:41:55 AM »
@ Mr. Jaz

It sounds like you might be interested in a grace based religion, which is whaty pastor preaches. He says that there is law based religion(you have to do this and that or else you get the maximum punishment and you have to confess your sins, etc, etc) and then there is grace based religion(accept Jesus as your savior, treat others as you want to be treated, give to who need it, sinners are welcome in the church because God loves all, etc, etc.) I know I'm not covering the whole idea, but if you would like to at least try it, my pastor is a great one and he wrote a book titled "Fifty Shades of Grace" his name is Eddie Summers.

@tokio Beatle

This isn't a discussion to judge people for what they believe, this is just to see other opinions and open eyes to other ways of seeing the end. I would have never looked at it as a biological answer as what was posted. There won't be any judging, and as far as argument, there may be q discussion or a debate, but there won't be a "I'm right, you are all wrong" because that's not cool and that doesn't belong here.

PS: ever since fallout 3 came out and I played the mission where you travel in time to that neighborhood before the war, with the talking dog, I've often pondered the idea that, what if we are just in a machine that makes us dream up this life as a way to experience mortality or a different way of living.

I don't believe that, but its something cool to think about

Wumboist

• Wum-Bo-Ist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2015, 12:18:43 PM »

Quote from: crazytater94 on Today at 11:41:55 AM<blockquote>@ Mr. Jaz

It sounds like you might be interested in a grace based religion, which is whaty pastor preaches. He says that there is law based religion(you have to do this and that or else you get the maximum punishment and you have to confess your sins, etc, etc) and then there is grace based religion(accept Jesus as your savior, treat others as you want to be treated, give to who need it, sinners are welcome in the church because God loves all, etc, etc.) I know I'm not covering the whole idea, but if you would like to at least try it, my pastor is a great one and he wrote a book titled "Fifty Shades of Grace" his name is Eddie Summers.

@tokio Beatle

This isn't a discussion to judge people for what they believe, this is just to see other opinions and open eyes to other ways of seeing the end. I would have never looked at it as a biological answer as what was posted. There won't be any judging, and as far as argument, there may be q discussion or a debate, but there won't be a "I'm right, you are all wrong" because that's not cool and that doesn't belong here.

PS: ever since fallout 3 came out and I played the mission where you travel in time to that neighborhood before the war, with the talking dog, I've often pondered the idea that, what if we are just in a machine that makes us dream up this life as a way to experience mortality or a different way of living.

I don't believe that, but its something cool to think about
</blockquote>

The part that separates "law based religion" (Popular Christianity/Islam) from "grace based religion" is kind of ironic. I agree that "law based religion" has turned into what you are saying, but it was intended to be a more confusing version of "grace based religion." Here are a few examples of what I mean.

Proverbs 22:9 - "9 Whoever has a bountiful eye will be blessed,
for he shares his bread with the poor." - New Testament Bible
(Meaning give to others in need)

1 John 4:10 - "Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son [to be] the propitiation for our sins." New Testament Bible
(Meaning god loves us all)

Just as an example of this with "law based Christianity"

People who follow it turn their eyes from passages they don't like, and very few (that I've ever seen or heard of) actually give to the poor or treat others fairly. (The issue of gay marriage with (majority Christians (this is taken by percentage against it by each religion) are against this) it having a difficult time staying legalized in all US states)

Yes, there are many Bible passages that say to stone to death all gays, but it also says this:

James 4:11-12   - "Do not speak evil against one another, brothers. The one who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks evil against the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?"
(Meaning do not judge others, including gays)

I understand that "grace based religion" was solely created to step away from the negativity of the more popular denominations of popular religions, but Christianity, for example, was intended to be more of a grace based religion. It was just cherry picked, a lot. (This is not meant to offend anyone, I'm just stating this)

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2015, 12:26:16 PM »
How did you come up with this? I got different results.
Seconds in a year
1000 x 365 (Number of days in a year) x 24 (number of hours in a day) x 60 (number of minutes in an hour) x 60 (Number of seconds in a minute) = 31536000000 = 3.1536 x10^10

You can google "How many seconds in 1000 years" and will receive the same answer.

The same process is applied to for calculating the time in seconds since the Big Bang.
Big Bang happened 13.8 billion years ago.

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.

Wumboist

• Wum-Bo-Ist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2015, 12:30:43 PM »
Seconds in a year
1000 x 365 (Number of days in a year) x 24 (number of hours in a day) x 60 (number of minutes in an hour) x 60 (Number of seconds in a minute) = 31536000000 = 3.1536 x10^10

You can google "How many seconds in 1000 years" and will receive the same answer.

The same process is applied to for calculating the time in seconds since the Big Bang.
Big Bang happened 13.8 billion years ago.

I had done the same process you did for the 1000 years, but backwards. That's probably why I ended up where I did. Oops. Never mind haha.

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2015, 12:31:11 PM »
I love how there is a mathematical debate about my grandma's saying. Lol

Wumboist

• Wum-Bo-Ist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2015, 12:35:03 PM »
I love how there is a mathematical debate about my grandma's saying. Lol

XD Yea, but there isn't even a debate to be had, Tom proved me wrong.

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2015, 12:45:08 PM »
Officially the rules state no discussion of religion, so I ask to attempt to returns the discussion to the main subject of the topic.

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2015, 02:21:38 PM »
But, here's a view i've often found interesting. What if everyone on this planet is the same person, soul, mind etc... call it what you will. And when you die, you just live one of those other lives with no previous memories etc...
Before I start my explanation, let me suggest to you a short story. A quick fifteen minute read. It's called "The Egg". I don't remember the author, and I'll post a link if I can find it. It's sort of what you had said there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, for my thoughts. If you've read my bio, you'll see I'm an anti-theist Atheist. However, for an Atheist, I have beliefs that are... unique. They're heavily science-based, but... to some extent... explain certain anomalies covered in religion... sort of.

To start out, I'll immediately say that we likely lose awareness of mortal things like time and emotion. "Souls" are but a state of matter (like solid, liquid, gas, plasma, bose-einstein condensate, etc.) that we have yet to "discover". This state of matter is the reason we're conscious. So, when we die, this matter leaves our bodies and... dissipates... out into the universe for years and years and years. Perhaps we are still aware of existence, and memories may in some way carry on as charged particles until this matter is eventually pulled into another organism upon it's own start of consciousness. This would explain people feeling as though they've had past lives. This matter is likely some form of energy. I can explain why. E=MC^2 is the equation for energy converted into mass and vice versa. Consciousness is obviously some sort of energy. When we die, the energy must go somewhere because it can't just... disapper into another plane of existence, and the universe is a constant size with a constant increase in size that cannot be altered in any way. So... we're just energy.

This was a bit of a quick, simplified version. However, the concept is there. It's backed up with plenty of mathematical equations and... err... scientific theories. I know... Theories. To be fair though... most things regarding what happens after you die are just theories, save for that your body stops moving... That one is proven.

I hope anyone who read this enjoyed reading it.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Holden

• MAGA
    • View Profile
    • The Don
  • Xbox: Holden
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2015, 02:52:16 PM »
Most people when they die respawn at the spawn zone. Others rage quit and move on to the bext game.