Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Views on death  (Read 1021 times)

Joel

• View Profile
Re: Views on death
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 10:58:34 PM »
its true when you die you sleep unto that day if you do good you go to heaven if bad the bad place

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 12:54:07 AM »
All life consciousness is a manifestation of biology. Without biology, there is no consciousness. Therefor the answer is nothing.
^This^

Its a nice concept to believe in something, but if you need the idea of hell just to convince you to do good....

There's a popular saying, "If a god *does* exists he's a huge ass****"
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 12:58:37 AM by Clerical »

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

Wumboist

• Wum-Bo-Ist!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Wumboist
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 01:56:56 AM »
I'm curious as to what you guys think happens when we die. I've heard the popular answers, heaven/hell, nothing, reincarnation, etc, but I'm curious if there are any others out there.

As for me, I believe that upon death, we are judged based on our deeds and our charity. Then you go to heaven, or hell based upon how you live your life. I also believe in the big bang theory.

In whole, I believe that the universe is created as a big bang, then we are born, but while we do not live, I believe we wait in heaven or hell, and then get born, live, die, and are placed in heaven or hell, until the next big bang and we live in our time periods again(maybe a new time period as well) my mom and grandma always taught me that when you die, you go to heaven for 1000 years, but 1 year on earth is 1 second in heaven, so we stay there for a long time. That is kind of how I fashioned the bang and heaven together.

What do you guys believe? And please, no drama or hate. We all believe something and we will never know who's right until the end.

While I am an agnostic atheist and doubt the idea of an afterlife, this is an interesting concept.

Strangely, I took together all of the seconds in 1000 years and the big bang and they added up to this:

1000 years: 1.1232e+14
Big Bang: 1.1232e+14

Any thoughts? Coincidence or not? Add it up yourself. See the results.
Message me on Xbox if you want help on your maps! :D

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 02:35:30 AM »
I personally don't agree with religion, I think it has done horrible things in the past, present and probably future. Even if god is my creator I will never bow down to the churches who have constantly murdered and tortured people.

I do find a lot of the things I read pretty interesting and even hard to believe that would suggest that some sort of after life exists, but I still don't buy it.

I do love the fact that religion brings hope, peace, sanctuary and enjoyment to people though, hope is a good feature to have. Just don't let thinking that there is an afterlife swallow up your entire biological life, I wouldn't devote to much time to it, having the chance that all of them times where just lies that really shortened your free time of what you really had.

I like some parts of religion and hate other parts. I'm not up for debate. I think after-life may be true, at least I hope it is! But I still doubt it...

Wumboist

• Wum-Bo-Ist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2015, 02:42:11 AM »
I personally don't agree with religion, I think it has done horrible things in the past, present and probably future. Even if god is my creator I will never bow down to the churches who have constantly murdered and tortured people.

I do find a lot of the things I read pretty interesting and even hard to believe that would suggest that some sort of after life exists, but I still don't buy it.

I do love the fact that religion brings hope, peace, sanctuary and enjoyment to people though, hope is a good feature to have. Just don't let thinking that there is an afterlife swallow up your entire biological life, I wouldn't devote to much time to it, having the chance that all of them times where just lies that really shortened your free time of what you really had.

I like some parts of religion and hate other parts. I'm not up for debate. I think after-life may be true, at least I hope it is! But I still doubt it...

I couldn't agree with this more. Although, I'm always looking for a good debate if anyone is interested! :)

Fuertey

• Elite Member
  • Keyboard not found. Press F1 to continue.
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Fuertey
  • Steam: Fuertey
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 04:24:42 AM »
Nothing. You just cease to exist.

I know that's a hard concept to grasp but can you remember anything from before you were born?... Exactly.

But, here's a view i've often found interesting. What if everyone on this planet is the same person, soul, mind etc... call it what you will. And when you die, you just live one of those other lives with no previous memories etc...

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 05:13:26 AM »
While I am an agnostic atheist and doubt the idea of an afterlife, this is an interesting concept.

Strangely, I took together all of the seconds in 1000 years and the big bang and they added up to this:

1000 years: 1.1232e+14
Big Bang: 1.1232e+14

Any thoughts? Coincidence or not? Add it up yourself. See the results.

Seconds in 1000 years =3.1536 x10^10
Time since Big Bang in years = 1.38 x10^10
Time since Big Bang in seconds = 4.351968 x10^17

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.

xTokioBeatlex7

• Elite Member
  • Here to Help!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: xTokioBeatlex
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 08:48:55 AM »
I prefer not to say my opinion because people will try to argue either way.
Definitely not a Destructo-Kitten.

TheAwesomeBuilder

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 09:34:50 AM »
I believe in God, I was raised that way. I don't care if people make fun of me for it either.

Wumboist

• Wum-Bo-Ist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2015, 11:13:08 AM »
I believe in God, I was raised that way. I don't care if people make fun of me for it either.

You should know that barely any agnostics or atheists are going to mock you for your religion. The majority of us aren't interested in doing that unless someone mocks us, which happens much more than you would think.