Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Dealing With Depression  (Read 5346 times)

Wumboist

• Wum-Bo-Ist!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Wumboist
Re: Dealing With Depression
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2015, 08:46:07 PM »
I used to be suicidal, from ages 9 to 18 I would attempt suicide. Be it a knife to my throat or a razor to my wrist, I never felt appreciated by my family or friends, I'm lucky to not be able to go through with it, because in graduation day of high school, I had the best applause out of the whole school. I was never told outright, how much people cared for me, and on that day, I found it out.

Still, my brothers treat me bad, but they are a-holes and I could care less about their opinions. I'm different, and I'm glad.

As far as depression, I cannot say if its just a state of mind, or a disease, but I can say that I went through it.

My advice, as well as Shakespeare's advice, its better to live in a world that you know, than to die and enter a world that could be tons worse. I've seen the miracles of god, blind able to see, injuries instantly healed, cancer gone, so I believe in a hell, and I'm fine here on earth until judgement day comes. Besides, I hear that suicide is an automatic out if you are heading for heaven.

I'd also like to mention my total miner friends and family that lift me up when I succeed, and catch me when I fall. I can bring my problems here, and get an answer that helps me 100% of the time. Thank you to all of those who have ever helped me, it literally means the world to me, because with out you guys, I would most likely not be here. You know who you are ;)

I'm glad to hear you're doing well! :D Great to see you pulled through!
While I'm an agnostic-atheist, I see suicide as an equally scary route as you do. If there truly isn't any afterlife, that would mean this, right now, is my only shot at living, and after that, I'm gone. Sure, I won't be in hell, but I won't exist anymore either. That's one reason I'm happy I didn't die.
Message me on Xbox if you want help on your maps! :D

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2015, 12:11:43 AM »
Plus, I can first-hand say medication does work for depression. I've been on anti-depressants for a year now, and I went from near suicide on a daily basis to a normal life again. It is a real solution, it does work. :)

For some people medication works. Many who I know have had their depression worsened from taking anti-depressants. It isn't a cure-all.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Wumboist

• Wum-Bo-Ist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2015, 01:39:38 AM »
Wumboist, this actually made me sad reading this, and I wanted to share with you my experience with depression that I have been dealing with my whole life, and still do to this day.

Back in 2009, I had my own place, I was close to my family where I wanted to be, before that I lived in another city quite far away from them... One night I had a party and it got out of control and the place ended up getting completely wrecked, and I ended up spending five and a half months in prison, I'm autistic, prison is no place for someone who has autism. Anyway after I came out of prison I ended up staying at a bail hostel where thing only got worse for me, ALOT worse, I was hanging with the wrong people and ended up on drugs, you name it, I was on it.

One day I decided that enough was enough so I got a piece of rope and took it to my room which was upstairs, and I tied one end to the window frame and the other end around my neck, just as I let go and started to fall one of the staff that worked there burst into the room and caught me just in time and now I live each day extremely grateful to that person for catching me because it was a very stupid thing to do. I never have, and never would tell my mother about that day.

So I have been through pretty much exactly the same thing as you have. I suffer from depression on a regular basis, which is a lot to do with my condition, but also because my mother suffers from bipolar disorder (manic depression) so there's a good chance it's been passed on to me.

If you ever feel depressed and need someone to talk to, you can always send me a message here or on xbox live, I'm always willing to help out others, and just know that you're not alone out there.

Same to you. I'm glad to hear you are better. :) My mother has bipolar disorder as well, and my dad and a lot of others on my mother's side suffer from clinical depression, which is why I believe I have it.

It has to take some serious guts to share something like that, and I'm definitely proud of you that you did. Very few people could say that they have openly shared their stories on their downfall from drug addiction.

If you/anyone ever needs someone to talk to, just PM me or message me on Xbox. I'll always be here for you guys.

Wumboist

• Wum-Bo-Ist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2015, 01:44:26 AM »
For some people medication works. Many who I know have had their depression worsened from taking anti-depressants. It isn't a cure-all.

While this is true, there are dozens upon dozens anti-depressants out there for that sole purpose. My sister was on an anti-depressant that severely worsened her condition, and she had hers switched. No anti-depressant is the same, they are all for different kinds of people. While there are a very unlucky few who have tried many and haven't had any luck, when I say that anti-depressants do work for depression, I am speaking for the majority.

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2015, 05:12:58 AM »
Same to you. I'm glad to hear you are better. :) My mother has bipolar disorder as well, and my dad and a lot of others on my mother's side suffer from clinical depression, which is why I believe I have it.

It has to take some serious guts to share something like that, and I'm definitely proud of you that you did. Very few people could say that they have openly shared their stories on their downfall from drug addiction.

If you/anyone ever needs someone to talk to, just PM me or message me on Xbox. I'll always be here for you guys.
i wouldve never guessed u had autism
glad that youre here still :)

Lady Lobo

• View Profile
  • Xbox: Lady Lobo
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2015, 06:05:10 AM »
When I read all of the stories in this post, it made me feel very small and humble. I realize how much strength and determination it has taken all of you to keep on going and survive.  It is so hard to make it through day by day sometimes just minute by minute depending on how hard and how deep the depression is you are dealing with. When you find the strength that you all have now, I think it makes you a stronger person who can live in this life and pass on some of the strength to others who need it just like you did at one time. The strength it has taken to tell your stories hopefully will help others in xbox, tm or any other place people are listening or reading and are thinking noone cares about them and maybe they can reach out for help also. Again I applaud all of you for the guts it took to tell your stories, I can't offer much but if any one ever needs an ear to listen or a shoulder to lean on I'm here if I can help also there are others who are here to help to any way they can. Keep looking up and walking strong I wish you all the best in your lives.

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber (2013-2019)
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2015, 08:42:09 AM »
Thanks Lobo. You were a big help in my depression. Glad I am here today.

/mm Thanks GK for Sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

Wumboist

• Wum-Bo-Ist!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 11:20:37 AM »
i wouldve never guessed u had autism
glad that youre here still :)

On no, I don't have autism. When I said same to you, I was referring to the part about needing to talk to somebody.

Thanks though haha.

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 04:13:19 PM »
On no, I don't have autism. When I said same to you, I was referring to the part about needing to talk to somebody.

Thanks though haha.
huh?that was a reply to creeper?

i think lol

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2015, 04:34:08 PM »
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 06:08:29 AM by Ugh ThatZ NaZty »