Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Binary Calculator - Addition, Subtraction, and Multiplication  (Read 669 times)

#

• I don't do much here.
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: HellomeZodoz
Binary Calculator - Addition, Subtraction, and Multiplication
« on: September 25, 2015, 06:29:42 PM »
Hey guys, thought I'd show you guys something I made while bored yesterday. It's more of a technical showcase rather than a practical build and it's not too useful, but I think it's pretty neat nonetheless. It's a calculator that is run through binary and it supports addition, subtraction, and multiplication. I know it's obviously not the most efficient method of doing a calculator on TM, but I really wanted to use the built in logic gates since I've never actually used them in any large scale system. The only scripts in the whole system is used for encoding and decoding the binary, all the operations are done through the transmitters and receivers. For those who know a thing or two about binary calculators, I am using Ripple-carry adders and although the inputs only go up to 4-bit, the outputs can go all the way to 8-bit. Anyways, like always there is a low quality video to go with this post so here ya go ::):

The input system could use some changing, but I just really didn't want to have to go into all the input scripts and add a new system :P. I was also planning on doing division, but when researching it I found out it was crazy hard to calculate numbers with never ending decimals and I didn't want to add a half working function to this. Like I said, it's not too efficient compared to one primarily built on history, but at least it shows that circuitry can be pretty cool to use too 8).

OniX Lokii

• Expect the unexpected.
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: OniX Lokii
Re: Binary Calculator - Addition, Subtraction, and Multiplication
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 07:28:13 PM »
That is really cool! I would have no clue on how to do something like that. Keep up the good work man!!  ^-^ ^-^

Zoidberg

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: v Zoidberg v
  • Steam: v_Zoidberg_v
Re: Binary Calculator - Addition, Subtraction, and Multiplication
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2015, 08:21:06 AM »
As you said, while this may not be necessarily useful, it's definitely quite neat to see how you've set up everything for it to work like that. It's pretty technical.