Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Poll

If you joined, are you having fun on this Role Play?

Yes!
3 (60%)
No!
1 (20%)
Sort of...
1 (20%)
I like it, but I think it needs this...
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic:  ℵ~Sylac's Dreams~ℵ [Role Play]  (Read 10561 times)

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
Re: ℵ~Sylac's Dreams~ℵ [Role Play]
« Reply #50 on: June 15, 2016, 08:50:53 PM »

Day 253
     Dear Journal

There's been a murder in the unfortunate half of town. It's not unusual, by any means. Except for that this time, it was the murder of a family of peasants by a wealthy Orc priest by the name of Orgnum Flabnog. The city guard found him this morning hiding in the wealthy side of town's chapel's undercroft. The world is going mad. He stabbed them multiple timed with deer antlers. DEER ANTLERS.

Well, that's the only intersting thing that's happened today. I'm going to head to the tavern and play a song for some coin and a free drink.

Day 254
     Dear Journal

A dragon! I saw a dragon! It flew overhead towards the lighthouse and landed. It left after someone got off of it. I asked around if anyone else saw it. Not one single other witness. I sense something fishy. I'll be sitting on the tower atop Grandfather's for the rest of the day with my looking glass and keeping an eye on the lighthouse.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #51 on: June 15, 2016, 10:24:57 PM »
If I am going to convince a dragon to take me to Grans Port, I am going to need to find something to offer them. Even if I have made friends with the one I met the other night, I can't in good conscience ask her to take me on a trip so far. She has her Drakes to worry about.

If only the inhabitants of this town had something worth stealing.
Perhaps I should check my stash for something before I try finding something that is worth anything.
---------------------
Well I'm in luck, I have this shortsword I never use, As well as a few gemstones like Lapis Lazuli, And Amethyst.
This should be more than enough if I am nice.
Now to find a dragon. Maybe I should look in the general area of the last one and ask nicely if anybody is there.
---------------------
"Hello?"
I ask in the Dragons' tongue.
"Is there anyone out there? Preferably with four legs and two wings."

Hmm, No reply. I should keep searching fo- *Rustle* *Rustle*

"For a Human, Your accent is not terrible."
I hear from behind.

I turn around to see a rather large male dragon, Brilliant crimson scales adorning his body.
I am always amazed at the ability for Dragonkind to remain hidden with their size and colour.

"I request transport, To a town called Grans Port. I have an offering of jewels and metal for trade."
I say in the Dragon Tongue.

"That will not be necessary, Human. You are clearly no enemy to Dragonkind, As you helped to protect our youth. And choose to speak to us in our own tongue."

Great, I thought I was going to finally be rid of this sword.
Oh well.

"Very well then, We shall fly at nightfall."
---------------------

(I still need to fully get back in to the process of writing things. Bear with me.)

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2016, 09:31:29 AM »
If I am going to convince a dragon to take me to Grans Port, I am going to need to find something to offer them. Even if I have made friends with the one I met the other night, I can't in good conscience ask her to take me on a trip so far. She has her Drakes to worry about.

If only the inhabitants of this town had something worth stealing.
Perhaps I should check my stash for something before I try finding something that is worth anything.
---------------------
Well I'm in luck, I have this shortsword I never use, As well as a few gemstones like Lapis Lazuli, And Amethyst.
This should be more than enough if I am nice.
Now to find a dragon. Maybe I should look in the general area of the last one and ask nicely if anybody is there.
---------------------
"Hello?"
I ask in the Dragons' tongue.
"Is there anyone out there? Preferably with four legs and two wings."

Hmm, No reply. I should keep searching fo- *Rustle* *Rustle*

"For a Human, Your accent is not terrible."
I hear from behind.

I turn around to see a rather large male dragon, Brilliant crimson scales adorning his body.
I am always amazed at the ability for Dragonkind to remain hidden with their size and colour.

"I request transport, To a town called Grans Port. I have an offering of jewels and metal for trade."
I say in the Dragon Tongue.

"That will not be necessary, Human. You are clearly no enemy to Dragonkind, As you helped to protect our youth. And choose to speak to us in our own tongue."

Great, I thought I was going to finally be rid of this sword.
Oh well.

"Very well then, We shall fly at nightfall."
---------------------

(I still need to fully get back in to the process of writing things. Bear with me.)
I think we all do, it's alright. Just do your best and give the story you want.

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2016, 05:26:47 PM »
Story of Two Face
Kink in the road - Part 2

Two face awoke to sound of crackling. The sound sweet chestnuts, a seasonal delicacy, made as they roasted on an open fire. He found himself sitting slouched in the chair with a empty pitcher on his lap. With a deep inhale through the his nose to the lip of the pitcher, his senses stimulated to the fragrance of a rich fortified wine.

"Roast chestnuts, Fruit and some watered down ale is all we have I'm afraid" said Tiraro

" We had some spiced Port but you seem to have drank the pantry dry of it" said the grey elf, smirking as his guest attempted to pull himself together clearly suffering from his indulgence of the drink.

" Are we going to discuss business now Tiraro?" Questioned Two face as he followed his host into an adjoining banquet hall, his inelegant stumbling disturbing the precariously balanced treasures of the hoarder.

Sitting down at the end of the banquet table and helping himself to items from the display of food arranged on it. Two face paused and impatiently gazed at his guest waiting to converse.

" Well then..." Pausing to chomp on a wedge of orange mid sentence "... Did you acquire what I requested?" Questioned Two face.

" Well yes and no" replied Tiraro his face squirming at the table manners of his guest.

"I have procured the Mana stone you requested" said the host, unraveling a cloth bundle to reveal a jagged black gemstone.

"It weakly glows a shade of light green and is ice cold to the touch in proximity to those who dwindled in the art of sorcery"

"as for your other item of interest more time is required"

"The man that sold me it, provide this small locked ledger with it" "it may be useful should you be able to break its lock."

"What is it you want in exchange?" Questioned Two face

Tiraro took a small letter out of the inner pocket of his waistcoat with a wax seal and handed it to Two face.Two face broke the seal and read the name "Gregory Lechance" scribed on the letter. With this Two face shook hands with Titaro and made his leave.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 05:41:04 PM by Tom »

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2016, 05:36:15 PM »
ℵ~Alruane~ℵ

Al sat in that forest, near the lake, and listened to the tale his ancestor wove. In it, was the information Al had been waiting for ever since the threat reached his ears. This creature, this thing...it was not of this world. Al recounted a moment in his personal study where he read such vague information in a tome. The information was ancient at best, but it provided clues that he needed.

"My boy, where are you off to now?" The ancestor looked at Al in a perplexed manner. "My lord, I must regroup at my abode and decipher all I have heard...perhaps commune with the oracles on the matter." Al departed as quickly as he arrived, he had work to do. His thoughts swam as he made his way through the shrouded forest, something was amiss.

Al recalled overhearing isolated instances of folk being murdered by animals, or some such nonsense. The killing by animals seemed normal, until one examined the type of animal that supposedly killed them. Most were killed by herbivores, creatures that did not only not eat meat...but were neither killers nor aggressive. Most commonly, the type of creature used in these killings were Deer or Elk. Al recalled tales of ritualistic murders on behalf of cults, perhaps...

Al was nearly home, and still beyond confused as to why these supposed killings were going on again. He was also concerned the towns guard did not quite meet the requirements to solve this murderous riddle. Al himself already deciphered the animal murders were not committed by animals, but humanoids. As well, it appeared to be almost too coincidental that his ancestor relayed information to him of a primordial evil. These killings may be linked in some way, but Al did not possess the evidence or information to prove any of it. He needed to consult the oracles, his tomes, and a great deal of his finest herbs.

Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2016, 08:05:13 PM »
It is almost nightfall as I finish up what little business I still have in this odd town, Celtington.

I have chosen to confine our travels to the night, As a man in black riding a large red dragon would probably draw suspicion. The last thing I want is to be recognized.
The benefit of stealth comes at the cost of a much longer travel time. What would take a one to one and a half days' trip will now take two to three days.
---------------------
Night has fallen, Time to fly. I think I will try to rest during this first flight.
---------------------
It is just before dawn, We have landed somewhere in the forest just off of the path. I need to go hunting, My food stores are low.
---------------------
... Is that a Treant? What is wrong with it? It looks to be in pain. Maybe I should go investigate. My Dragon friend is not far away should this be something I cannot handle.

As I approach the Treant, I hear a sound behind me... I turn around to see a large Elk charging me!
I swiftly dodge the charging beast as I pull an arrow out from my quiver.

The beast's momentum keeps it going towards the Trean... Where is the Treant?

Never mind that, I must put the beast down. I pull back my bow and hit the Elk right In the heart, Killing it instantly.

As it dies, I see a dark magical essence flow out of the body.

It seems as though this was a trap, This creature was possessed by some form of dark magic.
I should probably refrain from eating the heart, Or Brain if that is the case. Just to be safe. But the rest of the meat should be fine.

My arrow should probably be destroyed as well. It could be cursed now for all I know.
---------------------
The Dragon, Who's name I now know to be Nalasak, And I shared the fresh meat from the kill after I told him of my experience.

This troubled him, But he reassured me that the meat should be safe.

I had him destroy my arrow before we took off into the night again.
---------------------
It is the 3rd day of our trip, Nalasak is visibly worried about what I told him, And wants to take to the skies at just before dusk this time so he can return to Celtington quicker.

I have told him that we will. Hopefully the people of Grans Port are somewhat inattentive.
---------------------
After a quick stop to make sure nobody walks the streets, I am going to have Nalasak drop me off at the lighthouse that sits just between the rich and poor sides of town. It is decently dark now, Unless someone is actually watching, We won't be seen.
---------------------
We have landed. Before he left, I asked Nalasak if he could spare any scales, And he agreed.

It has been a long trip, I had best get inside the lighthouse.

Perfect! A dark place for me to hide out and plan my next move. So long as I keep it maintained nobody should think to come up here.

(BTW, In case anyone wonders, The posessed Elk that attacked me was not in any way related to the ritual killings. I figured that may be confusing after thinking about it.)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 09:54:37 PM by Dryym »

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2016, 12:08:49 PM »

Day 255
     Dear Journal

Regarding the lighthouse, the only particular interest I had surveyed was a lean person in dark clothes. At first peeking through some of the windows along the body of the towers. Then they went atop the lighthouse for only a few moments before looking what seemed to be directly at me. Horrifying.

I would like to know what they're up to. I came here for a tale, and a tale is what I'll get. Dragon's don't give rides to just anyone. Especially not into populated areas.

Well, between this paragraph and last, I visited the docks to get a ride to the lighthouse. A three-minute ride off the coast, mind you. They all wanted over 40 silver coins for "initial ferrying fees". Initial ferrying fees, my hat. Sure, I have the money, but that's absurd. Absurdly absurd. What an absurdly absurd absurdity.

I will visit, Siilchriillion, an old friend and his brewery tonight. He's got a very old reserve of a fine black ale. He's the one that got me hooked on the drink.

Day 256
    Dear Journal

Visited Siilchriillion yesterday evening. I didn't get to taste his reserve. He's got it locked up tight outside of the fortunate side of town for safekeeping. Apparently over the past month, there's been dozens of attempts by peasants to steal it. When will they learn to keep their filthy fingers off of the things that don't belong to them. I do wonder what they want it for so badly, though.

The barrel would be large enough for one man to carry off, but not very quickly. I'd say just hire a mercenary to go protect it. Those malnourished folk couldn't put up much of a fight for very long.

I'll probably hire one this evening for my old friend. However, knowing those hired-swords organisations, they won't arrive till midday tomorrow. That's fine, though. Eighteen hours shouldn't make a difference to thick stone walls and three log doors each jarred shut with another log.

Between this paragraph and the last, I hired a mercenary. The whole time I felt I was being watched. I hired the largest brute there. An Orc who seems to have spent most of his life in a military. I could fit into his biceps had I crawled into fetal position. Nothing should get pass this guy.

Day 257
     Dear Journal

I am not happy. Not at all. It is slightly before noon, and that brute has arrived. Apparently around early dawn, two to three hours before the sun was up. That fool was unconscious when I got here, and the reserve is GONE! He tells me he saw nothing. I am going to march right down to that organisation and demand a refund. Then I WILL go and find that ale. I am furious.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2016, 06:52:55 PM »
As i search the Lighthouse I am living in, I realize that there are a lot of windows in this place, Maybe I should cover them up to keep anyone from noticing me.

Everything else seems to be just fine. I've got plenty of stuff to tinker with in here.
I even found an old spyglass in here.

Now all I need to do is check out the light of the lighthouse to make sure everything is in working order.

Everything seems to be working.
While I am up here, I should see if the lenses to this spyglass are working, As well as take a look at this new town.

To the Southwest and onwards seems to be the poor side of town, No doubt that is where I will find the black market and be able to tell what is worth stealing around here.

To the Northwest and onwards seems to be the rich side of town. I'm going to guess that is where the majority of my work will come... Hold on, Atop a tower on a nearby manor. Is that a person? He appears to be looking right at me. There is no telling what he saw. But if I play this off casually, A man in a house like that, He most likely won't care enough to check in to things.
---------------------

Some time has passed, And the man has disappeared into his manor.
I may as well see what I can find out about the town.

At the small dock on this island, There is a single row boat, With the other available space empty. Convenient.

Making sure to take what I need, I begin my trip across the water.
---------------------

That didn't take long, Only around 3 minutes to get across. Although there was some additional travel time as I rowed the boat into a more hidden area.

I have entered the poor side of town to note that there are no city guard in this section of town. Quite interesting to say the least. It seems that most security would be either private security, Or hired security. Mercenary types and the like.

I have decided to go to one of the local taverns, The Belligerent Orc. The sign shows a graphic of a crudely drawn Orc covered in blood.

If there were ever a place to overhear information about the criminal underground, This is it.

Upon walking in, The first thing to hit me is the smell. A group of large Orcish mercenaries seem to be eating something awful. Let's hope my stay here is brief.
----------------------

I've gotten the information I need.
A peasant walked in and explained the trouble he had in stealing a reserve of aged black ale. He said it is at least a century and a half old.
I don't know enough about black ale to tell if that is a legitimate claim, Or just embellishment.

However I do know that it is valuable. One bottle would fetch several platinum. That is good enough for me.

Apparently the reserve is not all that heavily guarded. It sits between four sturdy stone walls about four to five metres tall with three large doors blocking entrance.

The doors do not open from the outside, So I would imagine at least one person is stationed there, If not more.

Perhaps I shall scout out the location tomorrow, But it is almost dawn. I should get back to base and rest.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2016, 09:26:47 PM »
ℵ~Alruane~ℵ

The smoke wafted around Al's head like a sentient cloud of light magenta and hints of cyan. He took deep breathes and and drew his index finger across the page, reading the text on the page to himself. He exhaled a great plume of smoke as his eyes widened. The more information he took in, the more worried he became. He placed the pipe back to his mouth and continued to read.

Al began to pace around his study with book in hand, all the while partaking in his best herb cache. The ancient text mentions a cult, very old, that used animal portions to slaughter their sacrifices. The more interesting section of this tome was a mention of primordial creature. Some being from days long gone, a radiant being of immeasurable power. In many accounts, this creature was almost viewed as a malevolent god of sorts.

Al took many more puffs of his pipe that evening, among other things. His flagon was currently almost empty and he required more wine before retreating to bed. Something did not sit right with Al, this cult was slaughtering folk with fairly non-aggressive creatures body parts. In the text, many cults used Dragon teeth or Minotaur tusks. Al wondered...perhaps it was to throw off any investigators of said crime.?

As Al approached his own wine cellar, he felt a cold clammy draft. His cellar was air tight, and therefore could not exhale such distinct attributes of air. He slowly stepped down into the cellar, and felt a dark force surround him. Just as quickly as he sensed the change of energy, he was flung against the wall half way on the other side of the cellar. Al could barely move as the dark energy engulfed his being, keeping him pinned to the stone walls that felt...unnatural.

Before Al's eyes, a dark shadow began to form from the corner of the room. It's body was that of a humanoid at least seven feet tall, it's body covered in half cloak and half plate mail. It's face was adorned with scars, from what Al could see, and piercing orange and red eyes. It did not speak immediately, but simply...took in the scent of Al. It almost seemed to understand what Al was, that he possessed a wide repertoire of magic.

The beings face closed in on Al and exhaled with a guttural sound. It placed it's face near Al's ears and began to whisper dark prophetic truths into his brain. "JACK OF SHADES...YOU HAVE BEEN TOO CURIOUS OF MY MASTERS PLANS. HE KNOWS WHAT YOU WANT, AND WHY YOU SEEK HIM. HE SUGGESTS YOU CEASE YOUR MEDDLING OR YOU WILL UNDERSTAND ANOTHER LEVEL OF PAIN NO HUMAN HAS ENDURED."

Al was released from the dark beings grasp, and fell to the floor in pain. Just as quickly as the event happened, the room cleared of dark magic and everything felt normal. Al simply sat there in wonderment, trying to figure out if the Oracles would understand. Or, if he simply had to go over their heads and return to Trium to consult the Court Of Magi. A god could defeat this being, but without the support of that patron saint's followers...Al stood no chance.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 09:32:27 PM by Jack Of Shades »

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2016, 09:46:42 PM »
((OOC: Let me know if there is anything I can do to improve this role play! And anything I can do to persuade new players to join. :) ))