Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Poll

If you joined, are you having fun on this Role Play?

Yes!
3 (60%)
No!
1 (20%)
Sort of...
1 (20%)
I like it, but I think it needs this...
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic:  ℵ~Sylac's Dreams~ℵ [Role Play]  (Read 10353 times)

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
Re: ℵ~Sylac's Dreams~ℵ [Role Play]
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2016, 07:41:18 PM »
((ooc: I don't even have a character in this, so I don't even know if I should be doing the whole out of character thing, but whatever. GK here with an idea for y'all. RPs are fun and all, but on a forum like this, it's kinda less fun because it isn't as personal. So, I've got an idea for you fellas. I'm sure I've mentioned this in the past, but there's a site called roll20.net, which is basically a website for playing D&D online, but the best part is, is that you can make your own campaigns, and even supply your own art. Now I bring this up because if, say, you were to say use this site, I'd be more than happy to provide you guys with artwork for your campaign... ;) ))
((OOC: This is true. We attempted it, but my part on this game is to be free of any rules as far as D&D is concerned. This more of a creative writing role play. Not a Dungeons & Dragons type role play. I love those, but this allows more freedom, and less restrictions as far as rule sets are concerned. Not to mention, rolling for things tends to make it a bit longer than usual when combat is introduced.

If entries are still welcomed...

Forum Name: TheDestinedCrab
Character Name: Will (unknown last name)
Sex: Male
Race: Kraken
Class: Water warrior
Short Biography: Will keep's himself to himself, and is limited as to what he says. He is often the smart one in tricky situations, and is very wise. Will believes that the ancient greek god Perseus gave him a power to control water. Will has brown hair, that isn't often cut and white skin. He usually wears comfy clothing, such as joggers and a t-shirt.
Personality Traits: Will has learnt the ancient greek language, as he believes a greek god gave his water powers. He can speak fluent in english, and partially-fluent in greek. Saying that, he can read perfectly in both languages.
Powers: Will has power over the water & the seas.
Weapons: Will carries a long bow and 2 sheaths of arrows on his back. In his belt he has a dagger and a sax knife.
Portrait:

((OOC: I'm sure you will be welcomed with open arms (So long as you follow the story.) However there were a few things in your entry that bugged me.

1: I am fairly sure that you can't be just a kraken. Especially if that's your portrait.  Perhaps if you want to remedy this whilst still keeping your story mostly intact, You could say that you were a kraken, But you were also the subject of some form of curse that turned you human.

There are other possible ways, But that one was the first to come to mind. You could always talk to Jack for more on this.

2: This is a completely different universe to what we are in now. So, No Greeks. And thus, No Perseus. Once again, Talk to Jack and I'm sure you two can come to some sort of conclusion on your character.

Hope to see you soon. I'm going to need to post here soon too.))

Yes, this is also true. Being a PURE Kraken means you are COMPLETELY dedicated to being an under sea creature with no human attributes. Now, if you were part aquatic, you could morph if need be and still retain human forms when on land. Or, like Dryym said, you could be cursed etc. Just talk to me if you need help modifying/writing this character.

Dryym is also correct, this universe is not on earth at all. It's set in a completely different world and realm. No Greeks exist here. Just message me if you need help revising this character, otherwise...it's not bad.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2016, 07:51:59 PM »
((ooc: I forgot to mention, I believe Dryym tried to make a map of this realm..or PWR. I forgot which one. If you truly want to attempt to make it, by all means you have my permission. I wanted this forest to be ambiguous as far as geography is concerned. I wanted it to be a living thing that constantly altered itself and never allow humans to map it's placement. However, I was a bit negligent when it came to placing certain locations in the game. Since it was located in specific directions, this forest would have to remain still for them to remain in their spot. The interior of the forest does move, but generally in a clockwise movement. Anyway, feel free to interpret the designs as you see fit, and I will let you know if they are correct for the locations I mentioned in the OPs. Just another discontinuity on my part. :P ))

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 02, 2016, 02:23:31 AM »
((ooc- Fixed for you, thankyou all for letting me know of the problems :) If you see anything else please tell me. Cheers :) ))

If entries are still welcomed...

Forum Name: TheDestinedCrab
Character Name: Will (unknown last name)
Sex: Male
Race: Kraken / Human (can morph)
Class: Water warrior
Short Biography: Will keep's himself to himself, and is limited as to what he says. He is often the smart one in tricky situations, and is very wise. Will has brown hair, that isn't often cut and white skin. He usually wears comfy clothing, such as joggers and a t-shirt.
Personality Traits: Will has learnt to speak to lion's and birds aswell as any sea creature.
Powers: Will has power over the water & the seas.
Weapons: Will carries a long bow and 2 sheaths of arrows on his back. In his belt he has a dagger and a sax knife.
Portrait:

Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2016, 09:38:26 AM »
As it turns out, The curfew has had no impact on the tavern life at night.
Some are mercs, Some are con artists trying to sell their "Miracle Elixir" or "Mystical Legumes".
Most of them are just the typical scum.

These taverns are the places that the law doesn't dare touch. Such a nest of treachery would take more men than they have to extinguish.

If someone starts a fight in here, It echoes right into every crime lord's ear.
Some simply don't care about such small matters, But all you need is one enemy to make your life a whole hell of a lot harder.
-----------------------

I have since left the tavern only to be confronted by a very strange man, A tall fellow. He looks emaciated and extremely pale. He simply stands before me for what feels like hours before speaking in an almost whisper tone.

"Drak Jalin, In the days that pass, A man, Tall, Wise, But yet very foolish will come before you in search of your aid. You are to turn him away."

"What's in it for me if I do?"

"Why, You will not gain an enemy as powerful as the master, Of course."

"How would I even help him? I don't know you or your master. I think you're asking the wrong person here."

"THE JACK OF SHADES MUST NOT FIND THE SCROLL! THE SCROLL OF NECROSIS WHISPERS MUST BE RETU--rned---to---the---mast"

Shortly after ceasing to talk, The man shriveled up and turned to dust.
Typical minions, Always telling someone exactly what they aren't supposed to hear.

I guess "The Master" didn't like that, Seeing as his minion is now dust.
---------------------

I've returned to the lighthouse island after a quick bit of research. The scroll of necrosis whispers is a piece of the puzzle to learning the language of the same name. Whoever wants this must be into some serious dark magic.

Currently it resides in the basement of a wealthy mage's mansion. Someone by the name of Alden Darocoff; Too bad it won't stay that way for long.

I walk into the lighthouse and see my old friend chatting with Shakala.

"Jack! I found what you're looking for. You up for a job? For old times' sake?"
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 05:32:18 PM by Count Dryymula »

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

TheDestinedCrab

• Legendary Member
  • Did you see that? Me neither.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2016, 11:53:05 AM »
Ahh, the port.

The finest place for a man like me, water and land..

I emerged from the crashing waves, and closed my eyes; morphing was easier said than done. My skin shredded before me, and my human form appeared. I paced over to the bar across the street : I needed some beer. The bitter taste that left you wanting, no, needing more..

I sat in the usual corner spot, and drank. Not one drink, nor two or there. I had four.

My legs wobbled beneath me, and my heart stopped. I fell onto the floor, my heart rarely beating. I woke in a bed.. A warm one, like the kind you'd find in the hospital. Then it hit me.
Thanks Gold Knight for the amazing sig!

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 20, 2016, 01:03:41 AM »
ℵ~Alruane~ℵ

Jack turned around after hearing a familiar voice, it was his old friend Drak Jalin. Jack smirked and immediately turned away from his conversation, "Pardon me, I have an old scoundrel to greet." He ran over to Drak and gave him a firm hand shake, and a brotherly hug. "It's been too long, old friend. We live in the same region and we never see much of each other." He laughed heartily and took out his pipe. It was afternoon and he needed to refill for the coming events of the day.

Jack placed the old wood pipe to his lips, snapped his fingers, and lit the sweet smelling herbs inside. He inhaled deeply, and exhaled light indigo smoke. "So, my friend, what can I do for you?" Jack offered over the pipe to his old friend. "And, did I hear something about...a job!?" Jack's eyes lit up with delight! It had been some time since he was last working with Drak, and hopefully this would break up his search for answers. Sometimes, one must clear their mind by not thinking about present issues. This would be a good distraction, and perhaps...perhaps something would que into his mind about the mysterious evil that now haunts him.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2016, 05:13:40 AM »
((OOC: Will be adding a new region and city soon. If you are interested in continuing this role play say so here. If you are unsure or have questions, message me.))

Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2016, 04:55:00 PM »
((OOC: Will be adding a new region and city soon. If you are interested in continuing this role play say so here. If you are unsure or have questions, message me.))

({OOC: Certainly! I'm not going to leave you hanging here. I just haven't been feeling particularly inspired recently. I did just today start playing the 3rd Thief game again, So I may suddenly get inspired by my adventures there. Maybe there'll be a mansion I need to rob soon.

Don't count me out, I just need to get ideas.})

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2016, 05:02:43 PM »
((OUT OF CHARACTER: I'm still interested, but I'm also uninspired. Maybe if there were more players, I'd have less of a problem. However, it's not like it's all that easy to just bring another player in.))
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2016, 08:17:54 PM »
((OUT OF CHARACTER: I'm still interested, but I'm also uninspired. Maybe if there were more players, I'd have less of a problem. However, it's not like it's all that easy to just bring another player in.))

({OOC: As soon as I think of a name for him, I have a counter character to my own who I may introduce in the same way Jack has the Necrozian.

Still not sure if I will do it 100%, But it's an idea.})