Poll

If you joined, are you having fun on this Role Play?

Yes!
3 (60%)
No!
1 (20%)
Sort of...
1 (20%)
I like it, but I think it needs this...
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic:  ℵ~Sylac's Dreams~ℵ [Role Play]  (Read 8709 times)

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: ℵ~Sylac's Dreams~ℵ [Role Play]
« Reply #60 on: June 20, 2016, 12:26:01 PM »
It is midday, Roughly two hours after noon if I were to guess.

There isn't all too much I can do right now aside from prepare and plan.
---------------------
I found some night root on the island. Night root powder makes for a very powerful natural sedative. Perhaps I can put it in a smoke bomb to create a cloud of it when thrown.
---------------------
It is now just past dusk. Time to set out for my scouting mission.
---------------------
After quite a bit of searching from the rooftops, I found the place, No doubt about it. Just as it was described, Four walls, Four to Five metres tall. The only entrance into this miniature keep being three sturdy wood doors that are barred from the inside.

I will need a grappling hook or something similar to get in.
---------------------
I checked the ports around the town, And I think I have found what may be a pirate vessel.
Perhaps I can grab a hook from there before the crew gets back.

Well, I found one, But it is almost dawn. It'll be hard to smuggle the ale out in a crowded street.
Time to go home for now.
---------------------
I decided to go out in the day after I woke up so I can observe the city life. The wealthy portion seems to have a guard, Whereas the poor side doesn't.
It makes me wonder, Did the captain of the guard give up on it because of too much criminal activity, Or because of a mindset that the poor aren't worth protecting?
Did crime drive the guard out, Or did the lack of a guard let crime fester?
---------------------
It is late evening, And people in the poor side of town are starting to go inside their homes.

Time to get to work
---------------------
I think I saw something very odd.
The gnomish vigilante from Celtington. What is he doing all the way out here?

It is him! This is really weird. I guess you could say he is a... Gnomead... That was terrible, Drak. This is why you took up thievery rather than being an entertainer.

He seems to be hiring a very large orcish mercenary. I wonder why.
I remember overhearing that the ale was owned by a gnome, Is this really who owns it?
---------------------
The gnome left for the wealthy side of town, I don't think he is the gnome who owns the ale, But I think I should be careful regardless.
---------------------
I have waited over by the compound for a couple hours now, No sign of that orc. I don't think he will be a problem.

The wall was surprisingly easy to scale. I guess those peasants really were amateurs.
As I suspected, There is a gatehouse with a man who opens the gates as necessary. Right in the centre of the compound is a big stone building with a single locked door as entry.

The door lock was easy enough to pick. I guess the guy will learn not to skimp on security next time.

Inside are various smaller things, Some gold, And other things. Too bad I can't come back here to clean this place out.

I think I have found it. It is a rather large barrel. I think I would be able to carry it out, Just not that quickly. I need to knock the gate man first, There is no way this is going over the wall.

Well, I have gotten the ale to the gate after knocking the guard out. Now all I have to do is make sure the coast is clear on the other side.

Just as I thought... The orcish mercenary from earlier. One of these night root smoke bombs should put his lights out.

I threw the bomb behind him, Once it exploded, It took no time for him to fall to the floor with a thump.

I have dragged the Orc into the compound. I am not taking any chances here. I will be long gone by the time anyone finds him now.

Now all I need to do is take this ale somewhere safe, And line up a buyer...

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: June 20, 2016, 12:31:26 PM »
(I am just going to say that we are at around mid summer in this RP at this moment in time. That is why the nights are so short.)

((OOC: Let me know if there is anything I can do to improve this role play! And anything I can do to persuade new players to join. :) ))

(It would be cool if we could have a drawn map of the area, And the towns. As for luring new players in, Why not make a brief synopsis of what has happened so far just in case people don't want to read all of my our long posts.)

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: June 20, 2016, 02:27:55 PM »
(I am just going to say that we are at around mid summer in this RP at this moment in time. That is why the nights are so short.)

((OOC: Let me know if there is anything I can do to improve this role play! And anything I can do to persuade new players to join. :) ))

(It would be cool if we could have a drawn map of the area, And the towns. As for luring new players in, Why not make a brief synopsis of what has happened so far just in case people don't want to read all of my our long posts.)

((Well, this RP has been played before by me a long time ago. So I have had ideas and thoughts about the layout of the land. Only issue is this: "~The Sylac Forest:These are the main area's of the land in which this story takes place, all places are inside this forest. It is a large forest of mythical proportions and no creature human or other has seen it all." Technically, no being has seen it all, so it would be rather hard to make a drawn map. :/ I sort of leave it to the players imagination to figure out how it all connects.))

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #63 on: June 20, 2016, 03:08:36 PM »
((OUT OF CHARACTER:- Well, is it an island with all coastlines mapped out? If not, we can always expand in one direction or another. I'd be happy to try and draw up a rough copy of the map. You'd have to give me some time, though.))
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2016, 03:24:56 PM »
((OUT OF CHARACTER:- Well, is it an island with all coastlines mapped out? If not, we can always expand in one direction or another. I'd be happy to try and draw up a rough copy of the map. You'd have to give me some time, though.))
((OOC: I have tried, it's not so easy. One would think it would be, but due to the size of the establishments thus far it's hard to chart it all and assume what it left. But it it part of a large piece of land, part of it is inland and the other is near the ocean. The main issue is, lands that have yet to be found/created for the RP. It presents a sort of...paradox in a sense. One could map it, but they'd have to change the map continuously to shape it to the forests desires. The forest also moves and evolves over time, but unlike natural geological movements. Once we get further into the story, and I create more places, then maybe we could attempt it?))

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: June 20, 2016, 03:28:56 PM »
As for luring new players in, Why not make a brief synopsis of what has happened so far just in case people don't want to read all of my our long posts.
((OOC: If everyone wants to give me a quick synopsis in PM I can put this in one of the Reserved areas so everyone knows what everyone here has done thus far. I shall do it as well. Good idea by the way, Dryym.))

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: June 20, 2016, 03:30:25 PM »
((OUT OF CHARACTER:- Well... what if the forest ACTUALLY changed? Like... as if the firest itself was a living entity that was... for lack a better word... entropic? Then we could have a constantly changing map with a general sense of direction, but keep with continuity.))
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: June 20, 2016, 03:39:20 PM »
((OUT OF CHARACTER:- Well... what if the forest ACTUALLY changed? Like... as if the firest itself was a living entity that was... for lack a better word... entropic? Then we could have a constantly changing map with a general sense of direction, but keep with continuity.))
((OOC: That is literally what it is, the forest is alive and in a way that nothing in our world resembles. We could map it out, but the land shifts the location of various places over years. Sometimes months. But, maybe we can change that formula and do as you mentioned. We'll wait until more is added and see what we can do. On an off note, I would not mind building this place on TMF...might have to wait until PC. Or build it in sections.))

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: June 20, 2016, 05:10:12 PM »

Day 258
     Dear Journal

I managed to get forty percent of the mercenary fees back. Which is better than nothing, suppose. They don't normally do refunds for any purpose.

As for that thief, they've got another thing coming. I've enchanted a mirror with the capability of recalling the face of one who peers into it. Afterwards, I mounted it upon the door of a safe in one of the guest rooms of Grandfather's manor. The safe has gems in it. Nothing incredibly valuable, but definitely worth stealing. Now, I will request the staff to keep away from the windows and doors of the entire manor during night. I shall spread a tale of the deer antler murders becoming ever prevalent. That would scare them.

Speaking of spreading tales, about a two drinks pass noon, I went around the edge of the pauper's district telling the children and drunks of valuable gems to be sought after in a multitude of buildings in the wealthy district. This includes Grandfather's. I'll give it two or three days before all of the denizens know of the gems, and all of the locations have been hit. Likely by the same thief who took the ale. Possibly even the thief from Celtington, the scumbag. Perhaps... could it be?... oh, what a tale it'd be.

Let me see, there were definitely at least over thirty locations I've mentioned to the peasants. I lost count of them all. That thief will be living the highlife... till he quickly, and painfully, comes down from his high... by force.

Day 259
     Dear Journal

Eleven locations have already been struck. I am writing this paragraph over my morning meal. Circlets, engagement rings, dowries, precious gems and heirlooms. They've been taken and already reported to the guard. However, no case of breaking in entering, or even the theft save for the missing items, in most of the locations. Chances are there's more than one thief. Which is to be expected coming from that miserable district. Most of them, though, DEFINITELY the ale thief. So clean, so quick.

Some time after noon now. Nineteen locations hit. Same story as before. Most are clean. Grandfather's hasn't been hit yet.

Twenty-one thefts today. Same story. Still not Grandfather's. I'm about to head upstairs for my nightly respite.

Day 260
     Dear Journal

Twenty-eight thefts. It's half between morning meal and noon. The city guard are going crazy. "Who's the thief?" "Who are the thieves?" "Why are we being cursed by the gods?".

I shall leave for a stroll. I am craving a pudding. The bakery a block has been preparing them all morning, and I can smell them from my window.

URGENT! Thirty-four locations have been hit. It is now after noon. Grandfather's is one of them. The robbery was clean, too. It was THE thief. Now I need only to check the mirror and take a sketch of his visage. Unfortunately, this will have no effect over my abilities to trace him with magic, but at this point, it may not be necessary.

The thief's sketch has been taken. I will present this to the guard after the robberies seem to have ended.

Day 261
     Dear Journal

I write this at evening. I may have done something terrible. Fifty-three locations have been hit. It seemed to have finally stopped, but I did not realise it would be this devestating. There has been a mandatory curfew for BOTH districts implemented about a drink after noon. An hour before dark, EVERYONE but the city guard must be inside. Also, no one may enter or leave the city. All so the guard can catch the thief. I have royally screwed up. Tomorrow morning, I shall turn in the sketch of the thief.

The thief, or at the very least, the entirety of treasure horde he accrued, will be returned very soon to the rightful owners of each piece.

Perhaps this is a hidden blessing. The poor district may finally achieve a long-term watch by the guard.

I am ecstatic to get my ale back soon.

Day 262
     Dear Journal

I turned in the sketch only minutes ago. I explained how I caught him. The mandates have been loosened, but are still in play. Wanted posters will go up in an hour. I will keep one with me tucked into my journal.

Day 263
     Dear Journal

A good half of the horde was found in a footlocker stashed on a rowboat in a hidden location on the far end of the docks. The keg of ale was found HALF EMPTY in an old cellar under a tavern in the unfortunate district. The mandates were released. It is expected the thief left, as he was nowhere near his cache. The rest of the horde has been claimed as indefinitely lost. He probably made off with about ten to twenty platinum.

Day 264
     Dear Journal

I feel terrible for throwing the city into chaos. I will turn myself in for unintentionally perpetuating a serious crime due to declassification of valuable information to potential thieves. I will probably be sentenced a year and a half in jail. However, Grandfather may post bail, or some sort of sentence relief. As prestigious as he and I both are, it shouldn't be very long I'd need to stay in there.

On the plus side, the unfortunate district seems to have some law stationed there. Not nearly enough to keep it as clean as the wealthy district, but definitely a start.

Day 265 - Day 1 in jail
     Dear Journal

I am in jail. It is cold. I was fed burnt bread and a rotten pear. My sentence is three weeks. Not too bad, I suppose. My coinpurse and I had to talk to the captain of the guard to convince him to let me keep my journal, and have him keep me supplied with ink.

Day 266 - Day 2 in jail
     Dear Journal

I miss Chriil. He must be worried sick. I had a raw potato, a cup of water, and a chicken leg today.

Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2016, 08:13:59 PM »
Well, I lined up a buyer for the ale. A rather short elvish male with darker skin.
He plans to sell it for a profit to some tavern. I could have gotten more by removing the middleman, But these tavern owners are shady. There's no guarantee that they wouldn't try to rat me out if they get caught.

In addition, I am tired of carrying around this keg of ale instead of doing something actually productive.
---------------------

Interesting. I've overheard talk of at least thirty locations of value.

Time to get to work...
---------------------
It's almost morning. I'd say I hit about seven places for all they are worth to me.
---------------------
I don't normally stay out after morning stealing, But the city guard here seems to be basically incompetent.
It's about noon. I'd say I hit another six or seven locations.
---------------------
Another day has come, I've lost track of how many places I have hit.
My antics haven't gone unnoticed though. The City Guard is stirred into a frenzy trying to find out more on me. There are posters all over town promising reward to anyone who can give information leading to the capture of the thieves.
---------------------
Last hit for the day, This one is interesting. This is the manor where I saw the man looking at me on the lighthouse.

I've made off with a few paintings which I removed from their frames, As well as several gold trinkets. The most interesting thing I found was in a safe hidden behind a mirror. In it were a couple of mundane gemstones.

But the real item of value was a gem composed of something known in master thieving circles as Void Glass.
These are practically impossible to buy because most thieves who have them tend to keep them.

I highly doubt the owner knows what this is, Otherwise it would have been hidden better.
---------------------
I have went to a lens crafter in the poor area of town with the Void Glass and gave the average height, Lanky man the material and my designs.

Void Glass is a very odd material. Even archmages have a hard time explaining it or its origin.
All that matters to me is that different combinations of lenses allow sight of different things.

Some combinations will allow me to see the shine of Platinum, And Gold through cloth or certain thin walls. Some configurations can pick out light in places where very little exists, Or allow visibility of the body heat of certain animals, Humans, Orcs, Deer, Etc. But not Snakes, Lizards, Fish, Or elves for whatever reason.

It could probably be extremely useful for doctors if it is capable of seeing through tissue.
Too bad my sample size is so small. That's the problem. I only have enough for two lenses. That gives me three possible functions. Luckily the three that are most useful to me line up with this.
---------------------
The guard has put up a curfew, How cute. Unfortunately for them, It only makes it easier for me. The less people on the streets, The less people that can spot me.
---------------------
Well then... I guess I got too cоcky... Someone must spied a glance at my face somehow. There are wanted posters all over the town. No reward for some reason though.

I had better lay low for a while...
---------------------
It's been about three or four days of not much. Unfortunately, The guard found half of my stashed goods. As well as my boat. I haven't went back to the lighthouse since. I have mostly been listening in on-

"HEY! Mmmfff- LET ME G-"

What was that?

"Hold still you little brat! You shouldn't be out after the curfew."

"Let's just throw her in a cell, Vern. She's a thief. Boss said all thieves do hard time, No matter what."

"Can't argue there."
"Let's go you little brat."

I try to go to the source of the voices, But they are gone before I can.
They are going over to the jail. I bet I can beat them there.

I will not stand for this... They have taken a young orcish girl into custody, Probably only about eleven to thirteen years of age.

I'm getting her out of there.
---------------------

This should be simple enough, Use an illusory shapeshift to get in, Knock out the guards, And get her out of there.

Well that was easy. Now to spring the girl...

"Stay away from me"

She says to me, Thinking I am a member of the guard.
I quickly drop the illusion. She instantly recognizes me.

"Are you-"

"Yes."
I say, Cutting her off mid sentence.

"*Gasp* You're the master th-"

"Be quiet, Will you? I'm trying to get you out of here.

She nods silently

As I am walking out, I notice someone in the corner of my eye... The Gnomead. I look at his book and see a copy of a wanted poster. My wanted poster.

He must have been the one to catch my face...
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 02:55:28 PM by Dryym »

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2016, 10:27:33 PM »
((OUT OF CHARACTER:- I wasn't too sure what I was missing when I made the poster. Now I realise I forgot the reward. In any case, I'm quite fond of how it turned out otherwise. I'd be glad to do more for this. Just PM me and let me know your plans ahead of time. Keep in mind, I'm no Monet. So don't expect a prized piece.  I do these quick and to the point to serve one porpoise.

By the way, anyone who hasn't joined in, you should really consider it. It's great fun if you like writing.))

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2016, 12:32:03 AM »

ℵ~Vexlan Necrozian~ℵ

The lair was damp, dripping, and beyond dark. The sight of darkness is nothing compared to the feeling of darkness. Most agree darkness is the absence of light, and that evil is the absence of good. Darkness and evil can coincide with a strong enough will. This lair exuded darkness and decay, evil and magic.

A cloaked being hovered over a slab in the, perhaps, brightest part of the lair. A chandelier made of human remains hovered above the slab, black wax candles melted in each of the sconces. Below the macabre chandelier lie a body, it appeared to be slightly decayed itself. The being was muttering some type of ancient incantation. The eyes of the being started to glow a dark reddish color.

The corpse on the slab began to writhe slightly, the fingers cracking and the joints slowly popping into place. The corpse took in a deep breath and it's solid white eyes opened up. The dead body had a renewed essence of life, albeit...an unholy one. The necromancer standing over the slab smiled, he was getting better and better by the day. The corpse rose from the slab, turned it's body off the table, and walked down the hall.

Vexlan ran to his tome and re-read the contents, his spell was text book spot on. The corpse was more put together than the previous experiments, the others simply decayed at an accelerated rate. This one was actually beginning to not only halt it's decay, but heal parts of it's destroyed body. This was a big break through in Necromancy. No other before Vexlan could actually pull this kind of dark magic off.

As he sat at his study, he noticed various contents of the tome that he omitted from his other spells prior. His master never taught him ENTIRELY the ancient language of the Necrosis Whispers. Which meant, for him at least, that some spells were off limits. Unless, unless Vexlan could learn the language himself. He always thought of himself as a rather talented linguist.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2016, 12:45:57 AM »
((OUT OF CHARACTER:- I wasn't too sure what I was missing when I made the poster. Now I realise I forgot the reward. In any case, I'm quite fond of how it turned out otherwise. I'd be glad to do more for this. Just PM me and let me know your plans ahead of time. Keep in mind, I'm no Monet. So don't expect a prized piece.  I do these quick and to the point to serve one porpoise.

By the way, anyone who hasn't joined in, you should really consider it. It's great fun if you like writing.))

((OOC: I thought it was a wonderful touch! Looks good too, I didn't even notice the accidental omission of the reward. lol

And yes, please! If you enjoy writing and making up short stories as you go along, possibly intertwining with other players, join. You will like the freedom one gets! Speaking of, I still need to get a short synopsis going on so (would-be) players get what's going on so far. I'll work on that soon.))

Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2016, 03:38:05 PM »
Sitting before me in a cell is the gnome. He is very clearly displeased by the fact that I am out here, And he is in there.

I choose not to talk to him directly. Instead, I take his journal and ink. To this he makes himself clear that he wants it back.

I write something down in the book, Purposely at an odd angle to be obnoxious.

After which I give him the book back and place the key to his cell just outside the door.

Time to go...
---------------------

There was no sign of the gnome following me. If he did take me up on my offer, He had to think about it.

The girl, Who's name I now know to be Shakala, Is currently in the lighthouse. She made me promise to teach her things. Like not getting caught. And how to liberate coinpouches without the person feeling anything.

I think it's best if we wait until the town is on less of a high alert for that, She agrees.

I did dig out some of my old illusory magic books for her to read, So that's something.

It'll be interesting to see how this all unfolds...

Dryym

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2016, 03:54:34 PM »
((OOC I didn't actually know we were waiting on me to continue this, So I whipped up something for this post. As you can see here.
I am quite happy with it.))