Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Poll

If you joined, are you having fun on this Role Play?

Yes!
3 (60%)
No!
1 (20%)
Sort of...
1 (20%)
I like it, but I think it needs this...
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic:  ℵ~Sylac's Dreams~ℵ [Role Play]  (Read 10157 times)

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
    • View Profile
Re: ℵ~Sylac's Dreams~ℵ [Role Play]
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 08:42:26 PM »
Work in progress

Forum Name: Tom
Character Name: Two Face
Sex: Male
Race: Troll/Human Half-caste
Class: Witch Hunter
Short Biography: Born in to the world as result of Dark magic gone a foul, Two face spends his existence hunting those who practice the arts.
Personality Traits: Two Face earned his name due to his physical and mental attributes. His facial features show a mix of both troll and human features with both genes fighting to be dominant. Two Face also has split personality disorder at times swapping between a grumpy hermit and a menacing practical joker.
Powers: Stone Skin: When Two face is exposed to sunlight his flesh that is of troll turns to stone thus providing him more protection yet hindering his agility.
Tracker: As a hunter Two face has experience tracking targets as well as impeccable navigation skills.
Weapons: A sword of Silver, A sword of Iron, A Crossbow with arrangement of bolts and a Pouch of ailments (Salt,Garlic,Belladonna etc)
Portrait: (Optional)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 05:56:04 PM by Tom »

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2015, 02:32:39 AM »

Forum Name: PWRBTTN
Character Name: Ychthirillius (Yik-thir-I-liuss)
Race: Gnome
Class: Minstrel/Bard/Entertainer/Orator
Short Biography: Born and raised in the Sylac Forest, Ychthirillius has been intrigued by the stories told by the Jack of Shades. So intrigued, that he has decided to explore the Sylac Forest in search of his own tales to tell until he collects the funds to open an oratorium. Ychthirillius' "Fantastical Storiums Oratorium" will house all of the world's greatest orators with stories to tell from all over.
Personality Traits: Loves hats, loves stories, loves adventure. Does not like animals (unless they're rodents). Has a pet field mouse, Chriil (Shrill). Clever, great memory, great orator. Able to get out of many situations with simply conversing.
Powers: Illusionary spells, mostly. Especially good at charm spells. He's been doing them since he was a wee gnome cub.
Weapons: Sharpened stick with an illusionary enchantment bound to it in order to make it look like a longsword.
Portrait:
Ychthirillius (yes, it's a generic Gnome... but it fits the bill)

Ychthrillius' favourite hat (All Gnomes love hats, it's like why Humans like oxygen)

*I don't know how to resize images... If I did, I'd make my gnome smaller so that he wasn't so obtrusive.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 02:53:30 AM by PWRBTTN »
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2015, 05:06:54 PM »

I've got a few pounds of dice, so I decided to dig out my D20 and roll my stats... Turns out that luck was no entirely on my side, but I decided to... "roll"... with it...

AB score |   AB mod   
STR:       4     |      -3
DEX:      9      |      -1
CON:      6      |      -2
INT:       15    |      +2
WIS:       8     |      -1
CHA:      19    |      +4

Forum Name: PWRBTTN
Character Name: Ychthirillius (Yik-thir-I-liuss)
Race: Gnome
Class: Minstrel/Bard/Entertainer/Orator
Short Biography: Born and raised in the Sylac Forest, Ychthirillius has been intrigued by the stories told by the Jack of Shades. So intrigued, that he has decided to explore the Sylac Forest in search of his own tales to tell until he collects the funds to open an oratorium. Ychthirillius' "Fantastical Storiums Oratorium" will house all of the world's greatest orators with stories to tell from all over.
Personality Traits: Loves hats, loves stories, loves adventure. Does not like animals (unless they're rodents). Has a pet field mouse, Chriil (Shrill). Clever, great memory, great orator. Able to get out of many situations with simply conversing.
Powers: Illusionary spells, mostly. Especially good at charm spells. He's been doing them since he was a wee gnome cub.
Weapons: Sharpened stick with an illusionary enchantment bound to it in order to make it look like a longsword.
Portrait:
Ychthirillius (yes, it's a generic Gnome... but it fits the bill)

Ychthrillius' favourite hat (All Gnomes love hats, it's like why Humans like oxygen)

*I don't know how to resize images... If I did, I'd make my gnome smaller so that he wasn't so obtrusive.
There ya go! Fixed it for ya, he sounds rather interesting. Can't wait to see what he does! :D

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2015, 05:08:03 PM »
I am going to see if any other folks wish to join in, and then start posting into the role play. You can begin if you'd like, I would just rather see if anyone else wants in before we begin. (Saves them the headache of reading the pages once it starts to take off.)

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2015, 06:34:44 PM »
NOTE: I've never actually played any tabletop RPGs or the like, Thus i don't have a D20 lying around, So i am going to leave stats alone for now.

Forum Name:Dryym
Character Name: Drak Jalin (DR-AH-K YAY-LIN)
Race: Human
Class:: Thief
Short Biography: Born as the unwanted son of a king and a common woman in a far away land, Drak always felt guilty for the terrible burden he placed on his mother by existing, At the age of 12 he ran away from his miserable life in search of something better. For 2 years he survived as a pick-pocket, And petty thief. He felt that he was down on his luck, Until he got caught stealing from a legendary master thief. He spent 6 years being mentored in the art of Stealth, And thievery, Using his spare time to read up on various magics and mechanisms. When the time came that he had learned all that his mentor could teach, He left in search of the adventure and riches he had heard stories of in the Sylac Forest.
Personality Traits: Drak is very inward and quiet, Preferring to think to himself and avoid others if at all possible. He has researched the tongues of many intelligent creatures of the forest, And if confronted, Prefers to talk his way out of a situation... Or simply slip away.
Powers: During his spare time while being mentored, Drak researched and practiced any magics he could think of a stealthy application for. He is quite proficient with temporary invisibility, Soft Step, And Shape-Shifting spells, Although he tends to not rely on them.
Weapons (& Equipment): 1 Small Iron Dagger (Bought with stolen goods), Various thrown noisemakers, 1 Bow (Made by himself), Various arrows, Including DragonScale Broadhead, Noisemaker, And many more. Smoke Bombs (Hand crafted using ancient techniques), And a shortsword which is rarely on his person.
Portrait:

Fun fact, In looking for the portrait, I found both Jack, And PWR's portraits.

Also, While the Biography stuff was narrated from the 3rd person, I will be telling my story from Drak's POV.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2015, 08:02:59 PM »
(UPDATE) Okay, apparently the clever little picture I put underneath Character Creation seems to confuse some of you. It's just there as a sort of play on genre's of Role Plays. Like a play on words, no one needs to do any Die rolls. lol I will remove it so as not to confuse anymore folks. :D

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2015, 07:18:51 PM »
ℵ~Alruane~ℵ

The day was rather breezy, cool yet had subtle hints of sunshine and heat. It was not something unaccustomed to the forests nature, which, was always pleasant. It's almost as if it knew what you wanted to feel, or drew off your emotions. It adjusted to that accordingly, or it simply did as it pleased. It was just another passing fancy, another ideological theory that Al usually went with.

Typically speaking, Al used his theories on almost anything he had even a slight inkling of. Any particular interest, he used a theory of what he did known of it's nature. And most of the time, he was right about it. But Sylac Forest...hardly. This forest would be, and is, the greatest mystery to Al.

In all his years of studying, traveling, and taking in wonder...this place was by far the biggest enigma ever to his theories. But, he loved coming back here and he loved traveling it's massive land. Every time he came through he always saw something new that he did not see on his last journey. For example, it was his fault the Crystal Caves even have a whereabout! That aside, he always had his favorite place to study and drink his favorite drink - Celtington's famous Soren Tavern.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 07:31:11 PM by Jack Of Shades »

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2015, 07:21:32 PM »

Fun fact, In looking for the portrait, I found both Jack, And PWR's portraits.

Also, While the Biography stuff was narrated from the 3rd person, I will be telling my story from Drak's POV.[/color]

I can tell ya where I got that picture! He was one of my favorite NPC's from the Baldur's Gate series: Edwin Odesseiron The guy was totally insane at times, but very much an interesting character!

Not to worry! Tell the story from any point of view you'd like. I am not picky!  ^-^

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2015, 02:58:53 PM »
Will delete this post after it is answered

I'm confused on when I give input in this, usually the story teller/game master adds scenario and prompts players for there input.

Could you explain this to me?

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2015, 03:31:13 PM »
Will delete this post after it is answered

I'm confused on when I give input in this, usually the story teller/game master adds scenario and prompts players for there input.

Could you explain this to me?
I believe it's like the other Role Play topic, and sort of like the one I tried to do... that didn't seem to take off. Basically, just tell your character's story in the world that Jack presented. I'm about to do mine. It takes a similar format as from Jack's post.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail