Author Topic: [Other] Requests For Custom Language For Your World  (Read 1602 times)

W//L

• Truth sounds like hate, to those who hate truth.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
[Other] Re: Requests For Custom Language For Your World
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2016, 02:28:46 PM »
I will say though, For the "Spoken By" part, You should probably give a bit of background to the people who speak it.
Agreed.

You see, altitudes and climates affect the natural progression of a developing language and its accents.

Speaking of accents, did you mean accent like how there are many accents of English?... or like the dots you see over vowels in languages like Swedish or Dutch?

By the way, Latin and Greek are significantly different. They're not even compoundable.

Perhaps refine your preferences?

Okay, lol. Trust me to come out with the worst one.. Ill give you a new set of instructions, dont worry if you cant do it, ill have a go if you cant..

Mandatory languages : if possible can i just have it completely made up? If not something kike japenese / chinese where there are loads of signs.

Spoken by : have you ever watched lord of the rings? Orks??

Rules : every letter must have an accent one : these can be like ^*',~.\/₩₽' or anything else you have planned :)

Cheers,
Will,
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 02:33:01 PM by W//L »
#anonymous #anon

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
Re: Requests For Custom Language For Your World
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2016, 02:43:26 PM »
I will say though, For the "Spoken By" part, You should probably give a bit of background to the people who speak it.
Agreed.

You see, altitudes and climates affect the natural progression of a developing language and its accents.

Speaking of accents, did you mean accent like how there are many accents of English?... or like the dots you see over vowels in languages like Swedish or Dutch?

By the way, Latin and Greek are significantly different. They're not even compoundable.

Okay, lol. Trust me to come out with the worst one.. Ill give you a new set of instructions, dont worry if you cant do it, ill have a go if you cant..

Mandatory languages : if possible can i just have it completely made up? If not something kike japenese / chinese where there are loads of signs.

Rules : every letter must have an accent one : these can be like ^*',~.\/₩₽' or anything else you have planned :)

Cheers,
Will,
I have limited knowledge on most Asian languages, but can always study.

"Spoken by" was not a problem. If you want that sort of tone, though. I can do that.

As for the accents, I'm still not sure what you're asking.

I'll give it a go as soon as I have the time, though. Same with any other language requested. I am currently busy with finishing school. It's been a real ache. Give me a week-ish, then I'll start working on it.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail         

W//L

• Truth sounds like hate, to those who hate truth.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2016, 02:45:05 PM »
Agreed.

Cheers,
Will,
I have limited knowledge on most Asian languages, but can always study.

"Spoken by" was not a problem. If you want that sort of tone, though. I can do that.

As for the accents, I'm still not sure what you're asking.

I'll give it a go as soon as I have the time, though. Same with any other language requested. I am currently busy with finishing school. It's been a real ache. Give me a week-ish, then I'll start working on it.

Want me to make the images for the accents?
#anonymous #anon

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2016, 09:43:55 PM »
I found this a while back and was meaning to share, but never got around to it. This is a sort of questionnaire to help you build the skeleton of your languages. The grammar. If it looks like a mess to you, just read it going down the line and answer each one. It's usually as easy a yes or no. Sometimes you may need to write a list of words from your language. If you don't know what something is, google is your friend. It's pretty easy, try not to get overwhelmed. Taking notes can help. Also, like always, I'd be glad to help.

https://www.eva.mpg.de/lingua/tools-at-lingboard/questionnaire/linguaQ.php#syntax
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail         

Platinum Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site+300 posts 3 years on site+600 posts Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2016, 10:16:41 PM »
I found this a while back and was meaning to share, but never got around to it. This is a sort of questionnaire to help you build the skeleton of your languages. The grammar. If it looks like a mess to you, just read it going down the line and answer each one. It's usually as easy a yes or no. Sometimes you may need to write a list of words from your language. If you don't know what something is, google is your friend. It's pretty easy, try not to get overwhelmed. Taking notes can help. Also, like always, I'd be glad to help.

https://www.eva.mpg.de/lingua/tools-at-lingboard/questionnaire/linguaQ.php#syntax

I don't have time to read all of that today, But it sounds useful. Well, Not so much right now since Demonic is in a mostly finished state aside from me being stuck on words.

It'll probably be great help for the Orcish micro languages, Or the Mer languages.

Or any others.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Ultris07

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2016, 11:29:56 PM »
Language Derivitive of: Scandinavian-Dutch
Spoken by: Anthropomorphized Scorpions (Born of the God of Birth and Ruin)
Rules of the spoken Language: No use of the letter Y, Replaced with I, and heavy use of combined letters: gn, ei, ae, and ph
One shall stand, one shall fall!
A warrior takes sword in hand, clasping a gem to his heart. Engraving vanishing memories into the sword, he places finely honed skills into the stone. Spoken from the sword, handed down from the stone... Now the story can be told...
Doth thou desire the power?