Author Topic:  Toggle-able Fall Damage  (Read 320 times)

#

• I don't do much here.
  • Awards Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: HellomeZodoz
Toggle-able Fall Damage
« on: August 17, 2015, 01:56:27 AM »
It's a pretty simple idea, but I think being able to toggle fall damage in creative mode would be pretty useful. It would be pretty good for parkour based maps as well as PvP. When I tried searching to see if this idea was already suggested, I only saw blocks that would negate fall damage. Instead, I'm thinking of just a a global setting you can turn on and off (like combat or finite resources). There's not really much else to say other than that.

#NoFallDamage2k15
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 02:27:59 AM by Hashtag »

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
  • Awards 5 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Awarded to exemplary forum members Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
Re: Toggle-able Fall Damage
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 06:30:48 AM »
For now you may be able to make a no fall damage zone, you could achieve this by creating a one block high layer of zones across the base of your map and setting the gravity of that zone to be higher than normal.

I am unsure of how effective this or if it will even work but there is something to try that might work for you.

I had to break up with Medusa. I just got sick of buying mice for her hair.
I should have ended it sooner, but you try looking into those eyes.

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • I sometimes eat onions.
  • Awards 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
  • Steam: casual onion
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 07:55:09 AM »
I believe the fall damage is based on a percentage of your health so you could have it reduce the percentage. It would help me because i keep going afk and falling of the building i was stood on!
| Thanks for reading my post. It was great, wasn't it? |

| I build Economy RPG Maps, here i my current one. Hazzah! |

| Feel Free to send me a message on here on the TM Discord (casual onion#3563) |

| Enjoy the next post! |

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 5 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 01:57:59 PM »
I poke this idea. It should be reducible though, because you could allow falling 10 blocks to be harmless, while 15 hurts. This would allow for assassin's creed gameplay.