Author Topic:  Toggle-able Fall Damage  (Read 245 times)

#

• I don't do much here.
  • Awards Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: HellomeZodoz
Toggle-able Fall Damage
« on: August 17, 2015, 01:56:27 AM »
It's a pretty simple idea, but I think being able to toggle fall damage in creative mode would be pretty useful. It would be pretty good for parkour based maps as well as PvP. When I tried searching to see if this idea was already suggested, I only saw blocks that would negate fall damage. Instead, I'm thinking of just a a global setting you can turn on and off (like combat or finite resources). There's not really much else to say other than that.

#NoFallDamage2k15
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 02:27:59 AM by Hashtag »

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • ヽ(`⌒)ノ
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site+600 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners 4 years on site+1000 posts Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • cluckinbellhappychicken
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
Re: Toggle-able Fall Damage
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2015, 06:30:48 AM »
For now you may be able to make a no fall damage zone, you could achieve this by creating a one block high layer of zones across the base of your map and setting the gravity of that zone to be higher than normal.

I am unsure of how effective this or if it will even work but there is something to try that might work for you.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones" ~ Albert Einstein

casual onion

• Legendary Member
  • Part time onion, Part time Michael Buble fan
  • Awards 2 years on site+300 posts 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: casual onion
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2015, 07:55:09 AM »
I believe the fall damage is based on a percentage of your health so you could have it reduce the percentage. It would help me because i keep going afk and falling of the building i was stood on!
/onion Inspirational Quotes /onion

casual onion [23|Mar 09:59 PM]:   If you don't succeed, try, try and give up.

PWRBTTN [31|Mar 01:14 AM]:   It's okay, not all of us can be comedy geniuses like Casual Opinion.

Trub's Unisex Holiday Name [12|Nov 07:28 PM]:
You look like Casual Onion.

crazytater94

• Supreme Member
  • Mastering TM since 2011
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site+600 posts 2 years on site+300 posts Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) 1 year on site+100 posts
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: crazytater94
  • PSN: crazytater94 (Inactive)
  • Steam: crazytater94
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2015, 01:57:59 PM »
I poke this idea. It should be reducible though, because you could allow falling 10 blocks to be harmless, while 15 hurts. This would allow for assassin's creed gameplay.