Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Im Helping | OPEN  (Read 1596 times)

A Simple Gamer

• Elite Member
  • Don't let your memes be memes
    • View Profile
Re: Im Helping | OPEN
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2015, 08:01:36 PM »
Alright, I'm having a problem with my NPC talk script. I want the player to be able to buy a rare once a week from the back door dealer who only comes out on the weekends but all he does is take the troll hide and gives nothing in return! Even worse, HE DOESNT EVEN SPEAK WITH YOU! D:

My current script:
If
  hasinventory [player] [TrollHide] [>=] [10]
Then
   inventory [player] [take] [TrollHide] [10]
   inventory [player] [add] [ShieldBadge] [1]
   SetText [NPC Cords] [Thanks for buying my loot, [Gamertag]!]
Else
   SetText [NPC Cords] [If you don't have the hide then I don't have the gear! Get going, [gamertag]!]

Could you help out in any way?

I also would like to know if you could show me the script that allows for a menu with items for sale to be opened when you speak with an NPC, thanks!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 08:03:57 PM by A Guided Gamer »
My Threads
Miner Of The Month for July 2013!
I Play Destiny too much
Long live Spooky Ghost!

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2015, 08:13:22 PM »
I don't see any problem with that script. Assuming it's a Creative map, Inventory [add] only works in Creative maps. Have you tried testing the script syntax in the Script editor?

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Qvzw
  • PSN: Widumn_Boise
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2015, 08:59:57 PM »
It may be a spelling error in the word Shield Badge, on the original script, however the script itself should be functioning, make sure you have that set as the talk script, and for the not talking to the player, make sure you are using the correct SetText instance and correct coordinates, glad i could help, reply again if the problem consists :D

A Simple Gamer

• Elite Member
  • Don't let your memes be memes
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2015, 10:09:14 PM »
I don't see any problem with that script. Assuming it's a Creative map, Inventory [add] only works in Creative maps. Have you tried testing the script syntax in the Script editor?

I did and I've found the problem :P
It may be a spelling error in the word Shield Badge, on the original script, however the script itself should be functioning, make sure you have that set as the talk script, and for the not talking to the player, make sure you are using the correct SetText instance and correct coordinates, glad i could help, reply again if the problem consists :D

Seems that I forgot an 'n' in the Inventory [add] part  :P
Thanks!

« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 10:07:35 AM by A Guided Gamer »
My Threads
Miner Of The Month for July 2013!
I Play Destiny too much
Long live Spooky Ghost!

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2015, 01:14:07 PM »
Can we not bring color of text, and other off-topic situations here, unless its craig roasting you guys, i love that, but other than that just ask me questions please :D

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2015, 04:26:09 PM »
Im still open guys! Make sure to ask whatever you want to know, i prefer scripts but i can answer most other things!

EleTRicEbLAzE

• Swiggity Swag Whats In The Bag?
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: EleTRicEbLAzE
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: N/A
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2015, 07:16:39 PM »
I would like to know how to do a dialog script Like an RPG Script where a NPC Says something and then you can ask questions and he'll awnser ... and with some questions there will be more questions after aking that spicific question. Thank you
Yolo Sweg

Lunar

• Elite Member
  • The God of the Galaxy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2015, 09:46:12 PM »
I would like to know how to do a dialog script Like an RPG Script where a NPC Says something and then you can ask questions and he'll awnser ... and with some questions there will be more questions after aking that spicific question. Thank you
Kinda tired, this wont be good, but... Make the NPC's talk script a message box, make the message box have like a 5 second wait so they have time to read the NPC, then on the message box make questions, and then the script that runs when they ask a certain question does a SetText script on the NPC making him say the answer, please PM me if you need a full, real script, preferably when im not half asleep. :D