Author Topic:   Total miner: Forge - Scripting Tutorial - Banking  (Read 736 times)

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
    • Awards
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
Total miner: Forge - Scripting Tutorial - Banking
« on: August 08, 2015, 05:26:16 AM »
For this video I decided to do live commentary, as I was getting frustrated with the constant mess-ups when trying to do voice overs.

Should I keep doing live commentary, or switch back to voice overs? Voice overs take a lot longer, but usually end up with better quality.
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • |Trivia & Maze Designer| |Previous TMF Tester|
  • Awards 3 years on site 4 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
  • Steam: Jeff McNewmen
Re: Total miner: Forge - Scripting Tutorial - Banking
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2015, 05:32:06 AM »
Yet again very nice video. I didn't see my TesterMan placement though ;)

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2015, 05:43:47 AM »
Yet again very nice video. I didn't see my TesterMan placement though ;)
It was doing that thing where NPC's wouldn't spawn until a graphics refresh or whatever it is. Thanks again for placing that down!
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

Zoidberg

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Awarded to exemplary forum members 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: v Zoidberg v
  • Steam: v_Zoidberg_v
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 05:47:50 AM »
A very clean, and nicely edited video with some pretty neat transitions. Well done, I'm sure this will help many players. I look forward to seeing more.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2015, 07:52:19 AM »
Very good clean concise tutorial.

Consider using SetText with relative coords along with the Notify's to change the text of the NPC dialogue bubble to confirm the transaction with the same text as the notify (plus the 'thanks for your business' text). The dialogue bubble text is easier to read, and stays for the duration of the bubble. For the Atm, the command just won't do anything because the target block is not an NPC spawner (or sign).

Brother Hood

• futrue army
  • Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 10:33:29 AM »
I like the video this is useful to players who don't know how to make over all love it

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2015, 02:55:27 PM »
Very good clean concise tutorial.

Consider using SetText with relative coords along with the Notify's to change the text of the NPC dialogue bubble to confirm the transaction with the same text as the notify (plus the 'thanks for your business' text). The dialogue bubble text is easier to read, and stays for the duration of the bubble. For the Atm, the command just won't do anything because the target block is not an NPC spawner (or sign).
Good idea, thanks Craig!

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2015, 05:07:20 PM »
Yet another incredible video, Marooca! Keep up the good work!

I have a question; for your channel, are you going to just stick with the tutorial videos, or are there other kinds of videos you are planning on producing?

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2015, 05:43:34 PM »
Yet another incredible video, Marooca! Keep up the good work!

I have a question; for your channel, are you going to just stick with the tutorial videos, or are there other kinds of videos you are planning on producing?
Thanks for the comment!
As for your question - I'm not quite sure yet. I feel like when I'm doing Let's Plays or whatever, I have a hard time keeping commentary interesting. However, when I do scripting videos I already know exactly what I want to talk about. So for now I'm sticking with scripting videos, in the future I may do some other things :)