Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Gamertag nicknames  (Read 769 times)

AlienSoulzz

• View Profile
  • Xbox: AlienSoulzz
Gamertag nicknames
« on: July 26, 2015, 12:10:32 PM »
So I am one for ranks, there awesome but what if we were able to change the players name on screen (not account)  so for example.   "AlienSoulzz Rank 2" would be my Gamertag if I bought rank 2.

Run from the aliens!                                                               /harry                   /invader /invader /invader /invader /invader /invader /invader /invader /invader /invader /invader /i

Hayden

• Elite Member
  • Hey babe
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: mister m0nk3y
  • Steam: Hayden
  • Other: 123456789
Re: Gamertag nicknames
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2015, 03:37:48 PM »
Wouldn't you get to choose your own nickname? I like the idea, but we should be able to choose our own nicknames .
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 03:39:51 PM by Only Survivor 🐒 »
Craig doesn't know me.

SoldierlyKitten

• TMF clan leader of 2 Legit 2 Quit.
    • View Profile
    • Fused Gaming
  • Xbox: SoldierlyKitten
  • Steam: JosephNewman01
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2015, 01:31:53 AM »
I think this would be a great addition to the game.

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 07:32:46 AM »
Nicknames should replace your gamertag in game, But not in notifications, Or if "Show Nicknames" (New option) is off.

You would have a global nickname, And a local nickname, Local nicknames are world specific, And only apply to the world you set it on, Global nicknames appear on any world that you haven't set a local nickname on.

It also may be a good idea to have a permission to allow nicknames.

Player Titles would be set by scripts, And would appear next to your name at either the right or left side, These would not be affected by the permission or the option.

So, If my local nickname on a world was "Garrett", And my title was "Master Thief"

It would appear as "Master Thief Garrett" if the title was set to be on the left side, However without the permission, It would show as "Master Thief dryym"

I also think certain nicknames (Craig, Or any testers) should be blocked to avoid any confusion.

I believe at least half of this is already somewhat in the game, As Craig's gamertag in game is replaced with his name.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Jason✪

• I enjoy most forms of work
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: EpIc x MiNeR Z
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 07:25:07 AM »
useful, just like an alias i guess
:D

Titan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2015, 02:00:49 PM »
So I am one for ranks, there awesome but what if we were able to change the players name on screen (not account)  so for example.   "AlienSoulzz Rank 2" would be my Gamertag if I bought rank 2.

Please use the search button before creating a topic on something that has already been suggested in ideas...