Author Topic:  A Story For The TM Community  (Read 1963 times)

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • This Hotel Sucks
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: MoiraIsEasyPOTG
  • PSN: N/A
  • Steam: OffenderMcGee
A Story For The TM Community
« on: July 24, 2015, 01:09:48 AM »
I wanted to write a story, that involved people on the forums as characters. If you're interested in being in the story, comment on the thread below what name you want to go by (if you say nothing ill just use whatever your forum name is). Ill stop taking submissions 7/24/2015 at about 5-6 PM EST.

============================================================

Prologue

Spoiler for Hidden Content:
I grew up in a small town outside De Kalb, Illinois called Fairbanks. It only had about 1,400 total people living there, but to me it was everything. My name is Donald Jeremy St. John, or Donny for short. My father was the head the newspaper in town. After my mother died he became very involved with his work, so much so he grew distant from my older brother Theo and I. Theo went off to play college football at Notre Dame last year, and it's been strange living without him. Sure he comes back to visit every once in a while, but it's not the same. Because of the way my family was oriented, I relied a lot on my friends to help me through life. It was June 10th, 1956 the day we started our adventure, and it was one I will never forget till the day I die.

Chapter 1
As soon as I woke up that morning, I got dressed and went straight to Zincy's house. Zincy's dad left him and his mom when he was three, and ever since then he refused to go by his real name. Zincy was something his grandma used to call him, and we all just went along with it. When I walked in the door I saw I wasn't the first one there. Michael Parks was the leader of our group, or so he wanted to believe. His dad stormed the beeches at Normandy, and was the biggest idol Michael ever had. Ever since he died of heart attack last year, Michael hasn't been the same, but since he's the biggest out of all of us no one's going to try to talk to him about it. Michael could knock most kids in town out with just a thought.

"Well look what the cat dragged in" Michael said looking up from his comic book.

"Shut Up Mike" I replied, "Has anyone seen Drake? He said it was important we were all here by ten."

I spoke just a second to soon. As soon I finished my sentence. Drake busted in out of breath. Drake was the crazy one of our little gang.  Drake was always the one to come up with stupid ideas that for whatever reason we always agreed on going to. His Dad was Navy pilot in the pacific theatre, but went off the rails a couple months back. He always had something the Doctor's called PTSD, but we never knew what that meant. Anwway, he got in a drunken fit and shot drake in the arm, thinking he was a Japanese soldier. He's been in a mental asylum ever since. Drake has been taking it pretty hard ever since.

"Guys!" Drake shouted, "You're never going to believe this!"

"I swear Drake, if you say you found a dead body and drag us out to Crawford's field, I'm going to knock you into next week." Michael said unamused.

"No I swear I am telling the truth this time" Drake said. "Its --"

Before he could finish his sentence, Jesse barged in the room. Well no one called him Jesse, he thought it was a "girly" name, so when we asked what he wanted to be called, he said "Zoid." Whatever that meant.

"Zoid where have you been? Its 5 after 10! I said 10 exact! "Drake said.

"Chill out D, what are you gonna do? Shoot me like your old man?" Zoid replied.

"No, I'm not gonna take you to Gold Eye point to go into the bunker" Drake replied.

"Drake you numbskull that bunker it locked with one of those military grade padlocks, there is no way of getting in there without the key." Zincy said.

"What if I told you I have the key? "Drake replied.

"How on God's green earth did you get that key?" I replied. Gold Eye Point was this cliff on the edge of town overlooking the Little Miami River. There is a bunker there that rumor has it, they did tests on live humans during the war. After the rumors surfaced, the mayor of the town had it shut down to keep out any bad press. It was bolted shut, and apparently only one person ever received a key to open it.

"Back before my old man went off the deep end, he was the most trusted person in this town. And they gave him the key." Drake lifted a brass key from his left pocket, engraved on the key was "For the man who could protect the town. -Gold Eye Point 1947."

We all shuttered in amazement.

"So who's going?" Drake asked.......

Chapter 2
We all stood looking at him in amazement. Gold Eye Point was the scariest place a 14 year old boy could think of. I remember my brother telling me stories about how zombies would crawl out from the ground and eat people. Of course I was just a kid when he told me those, so I'm no longer scared. At least I hope so.

"Uh huh, no way in Hell I am going to Gold Eye Point!" Zincy shouted.

"Whats the matter? You chicken?" Michael and Zoid said simultaneously.

"Yeah chicken!" Drake chimed in. "Bawk Bawk Bawk!" They all said in harmony.

Zincy's face grew red as a strawberry. I always felt bad for Zincy. After me, he was the smallest kid in our group, and always got picked on. It would be me, but everyone in town loved my brother, and my family as a whole, so I was always the one to Mike, Zoid, and Drake out of trouble. We had an unspoken agreement about teasing me.

"I'm not chicken! Gold Eye Point is almost a day's walk from here! And no one will just drive us there! What are we gonna tell out parents?" Zincy exclaimed.

"It'll be good!" Mike replied. "Just tell your parents you're spending the night at my house, and then we are going down to Hartford to watch the Gun Show! We'll be good until dinner time tomorrow night!"

"But if we unlock it, aren't they gonna know that we were lying? And then my dad will hide me so bad I wont sit for a month!" Zincy said.

"Think about Zincy,"Zoid replied" If the key unlocks it, then it should lock it to right? We'll go in, look around, then lock when we leave. No one will no we was there!"

"I got a bad feeling about this." Zincy replied.

At the time I didn't know how I felt about going to Gold Eye Point. I wasn't the adventurous type, and going out of my comfort zone wasn't exactly my favorite thing to do. But I had a burning passion inside of me that I just couldn't resist going. My brother always went on adventures. His senior year of high school, my dad let him and his buddies take the van and travel across the country to Boston. My brother loved the Red Sox. He went everywhere last summer before going to college. Florida, Texas, California. Hell, he even spent a weekend in Liverpool to help talk about American Football there. Me however, I've only ever been outside Fairbanks once, and that was just to visit my grandma down in Muncie. I know I didn't want to do this, but something inside me told me I needed to.

"Donny, you in?" Mike asked.

"Dam Straight Im in!" I replied.

We all started to the door of the basement. It was one of those tornado bunker doors they had on old houses. As soon as we opened it we saw him.

"Hi Guys! Can I come? Please Please Please Please?" Don cried. Don was Mike's 6th grade little brother. He had big buck teeth and glasses just like Buddy Holly. He was so smart he took most classes with his brother. He was scrawnier than me, and if you put them next to each other, you couldn't even tell him and Mike were related.

He brought along his friend Chris too, the one everyone called "Monkey."

Did you follow me here? Mike asked. "Why I oughta--"

"Cool it Mike, this runt wouldn't last thirty seconds inside that bunker without wetting himself" Zoid laughed.

"I would too! Let me prove it"

"You're not coming Don, now go home!" Mike shouted.

"Fine, then ill just tell Mom it was you who smoked the last of Dads old cigarettes" Don replied.

"Don I swear on Dads grave, I'm gonna put my foot so far up your #$%, you'll be tasting my toes for weeks" Mike screamed.

"Just let him come" I told Mike, "The worst he can do it run home."

"And i want to bring Chris" Don replied.

"We aint bringing that monkey with us." Mike replied.

Chris Carlisle was Don's only friend. He was short for his age, but every called him monkey cause of the way he would climb trees and other things to get out of trouble.

"Cmon Mike, lets go, we are wasting time!" Zincy said.

"Fine! But if you two get yourselves in trouble, we aint helping, understand?" Mike said

"Deal" Monkey replied.

And so it was settled. The expedition began. Zoid, Mike, Drake, Zincy and I started off, as Monkey and Don followed behind. We weren't happy they were tagging along, but we were out the door.

Chapter 3
We started out down main street out of town. Gold Eye Point was at least 20 miles out of town, so if we were going to make it there, we needed to move fast. Taking main street would get us there no problem, but it winds around to many hills, making a 20 mile journey as the crow flies, 40 miles. So we'd have to take some shortcuts. Behind the drive-in theatre, about a mile back, there is an old tree that toppled over onto the Little Miami River. It was the only way we were going to get over. At about half past two, we reached the drive-in, and our first problem hit us like a sack of bricks.

"Guys wait! " Don shouted. "You Mysterio and Phantomhang out here! How are we going to get past them!"

Mysterio and Phantom were the two twins who sold cigarettes to everyone under age. There old man ran a liquor store just outside of town, and stealing product was never a problem for them. They were both held back their senior year twice, so they weren't the sharpest knives in the shed.

"Well if you're scared why don't you just go home you wuss?" Mike said to his little brother.

"I ain't scared of no oaf who cant tie his own shoes!" Don replied.

"Who said I couldn't tie my shoes?" A faint voice said from behind a car. And just like that, two ogres the size of the empire state building rose up and staggered over. A burning cigarette in each mouth, and a pair of heart tattoos, outlined the goliaths great size.

"I didn't mean anything by it, I swear!" Don cried.

"Oh really, so what if I were to take this cigarette, and burn your whole dam face off? Would that mean something to ya?" Phantom laughed.

The pair took one step, and like a bat out of hell, Don and Monkey ran faster than a starving kid to a buffet. It was maybe a moment or two before they were out of sight.

"Would you look at that? The girls have legs." Mysterio said. They both had a laugh the roared throughout the empty drive-in.

"Leave us alone" Zoid said, "We're just passing through."

"Passing through means you owe us a toll," Phantom said. "So pay up."

Up to this moment I had completely forgot that Mike was a varsity baseball pitcher. Mysterio took one step before taking a rock the size of my fist to a place that should never be hit with rocks. He fell down in anguish. Phantom turned and looked at us.

"You're Dead! You're all blueberrying dead!" Phantom shouted.

He sprinted after us. Over fences, through bushes and trees, we ran. I don't remember how he didn't catch us. Maybe it was cause he smoked too much, or he was out of shape. All I know is that after about ten minutes of dead sprinting, the five of us arrived at the tree that was our ticket to Gold Eye Point.

"Jesus Christ" Drake said, gasping for breath.

"I thought I was dead" Zoid said.

"You thought YOU were dead? I was the one who through the rock." Mike said.

"The point is we are here now," I replied.

We sat down for a rest, and what seemed like and eternity was only 20 minutes or so. I checked my watch; it said 3:01. We had about 12 hours or so until we had to be home, so we were making pretty good time.

"We're gonna have to cross it eventually" Drake said, "Can't stay here forever."

"Who's going first?" I asked.

"Not it" Said Zincy. Followed by Drake, Zoid, then Mike.

"You have to be ruppiesting me" I said.

"Hey if Donny dies, I got dibs on his shoes" Drake shouted.

"Shut the hell up!" I shouted back.

I stared down what seemed to be an endless abyss down to the river. It was at least a hundred foot drop, any slight mistake and I was surely dead. I got down on all fours, and began to scurry across the tree. About 3/4 of the way over, I heard Drake ask

"Who's next?"

"I guess i'll go" Zincy said.

I made it over. Then one by one they all followed suit. Zincy first, then Zoid, then Drake. Then Mike climbed on.

"Hey fatass dont break it!" Drake shouted back.

Except, that wasn't a great thing to say. About halfway he stopped, and everyone got dead silent. We heard the crack of the wood, and then saw Mike's face.

"RUN!" I shouted.

Mike stood up, and began to sprint across the last half of the tree. About 3 feet out from the cliff side, the tree gave way. Mike jumped, and grabbed Zoid's hand.

"I cant hold him!" Zoid shouted.

We grabbed hold of Zoid's waist and pulled with all our might. Mike grabbed the side of the cliff, then pulled himself up. We all fell to the ground, and started breathing normal again.

"Well, we aren't coming back this way" Mike said with a dumbfounded smile on his face.

Chapter 4
We journeyed on. We sang, and danced. Talked about our favorite baseball players, favorite comic book heroes. Everything a tween aged boy could ever care about. About 5 miles out from Gold Eye Point, it became eerily quiet in our group. No one said a word, there was no more singing or dancing. Almost as if everyones voice was just lost. I began to think about my brother at Notre Dame. My parents always loved him more. Not that I cared really, the moment I could I was going to get out of town. Fairbanks was great and all, but there was a whole wide world out there I could see. But I still really wanted to see my brother. He was the only one who ever stood up for me besides my friends, the only one who truly believed in me, or cared about me for that matter. If he knew what I was doing right now, he'd kill me for doing something so dangerous. But he wasn't here, and the journey continued on.

We met up with main street about 5 minutes later, which meant we were only a mile out from Gold Eye Point. It was almost dark, and we were going to camp out here for the night, because everyone else was too scared to get any closer to Gold Eye Point when it was this dark out. So the sun faded at about 9:46 PM, and we sat around the fire.

"What do you guys want to be when you grow up?" Drake asked.

Mike said "I want to be the greatest baseball player to ever live. My dream is to be Ty Cobb's 4,191 career hits."

"I want to be the first man on the moon" replied Zoid. "Beat those dam commies up there."

"I want to make a playable game, but its on your tv." Zincy replied.

"Your an idiot Zincy, that'll never happen" Drake said.

"Well what do you want to be?" Zincy asked.

"Idk, it doesn't matter though, I'm not gonna make it out this two anyhow." Drake responded. "What about you Donny?"

"I want to be a director. You know? Make movies" I replied. I never really gave much thought to what I wanted to be. I just assumed that would come in time. Movies always fascinated me, but I didn't actually think a director would be a future job for me."

"Well, its almost 10, we should get some sleep and start heading to Gold Eye Point at dawn" Mike said.

We all went to sleep. Or at least pretended to. I couldn't sleep. To this point in my life, I had never really done anything like this. It was to exciting to sleep. I didn't even think, I just layed there with my eyes open staring into the night. At exactly 6:49 the sun rose, I know this cause I was still awake.

"Wake up." I shouted. "It's getting light out."

"Five more minutes." Zincy said.

"Not today." Drake said, ripping a loud fart into Zincy's face.

"What the hell you tangerine!" Zincy sprung to his feet.

"Chill out, we need to get moving" Drake said.

We walked through the woods for about 30 minutes, until we saw the sign.

"Gold Eye Point - Dead Ahead."

We all stopped walking with happiness. strides became narrow and slow. I don't think any of us were ready for what was gonna be inside the bunker. But then, there it was. It's outer casing was solid concrete, and pieces a rebar were sticking out almost everywhere. The door was a solid steel door, stamped with the Mayor's seal, and the seal of the Department of War. No plants grew anywhere within ten feet of the bunker, and only dead vines hung down from its side. We all stood stationary, no one dared to move.

"Well... You guys ready?" Mike asked.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 08:10:49 PM by A NeftyMan A »
Miner Of The Month - April 2014

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
Re: A Story For The TM Community
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 01:12:09 AM »
I'll be in it. Best of luck writing it.

Just use my forums name.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 04:31:28 AM »
Name: Michael Parks

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 08:13:50 AM »
Drake Ares Arillian.

Edited to have my name in the story, And none of the others.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 08:39:59 AM by Dryym »

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Bluepudding the don

• I'm feeling it now Mr. Krabs
  • Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2015, 08:35:31 AM »
Put my name as: Bluepuddingmania the don.
Former names: 2pac of pudding, Blueberries for all

Hayden

• Elite Member
  • Hey babe
  • Awards 1 year on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: mister m0nk3y
  • Steam: Hayden
  • Other: 123456789
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 11:58:36 AM »
Sounds like a story for the only monkey that can survive
Craig doesn't know me.

Zoidberg

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Awarded to exemplary forum members 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: v Zoidberg v
  • Steam: v_Zoidberg_v
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 12:52:21 PM »
Just refer to me as either Zoidberg or Zoid.

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • This Hotel Sucks
  • Awards Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners Former MotM winners 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 02:40:34 PM »
I have started writing the first chapter. Anyone who signs up after that will be written in the story after.

Bluepudding the don

• I'm feeling it now Mr. Krabs
  • Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 03:22:31 PM »
XD The story is interesting and I knew it would be hard to fit my ridiculous name in the story lol.
Former names: 2pac of pudding, Blueberries for all

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • This Hotel Sucks
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 03:24:53 PM »
XD The story is interesting and I knew it would be hard to fit my ridiculous name in the story lol.

Im just gonna call you Don ;)

Zoidberg

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Awarded to exemplary forum members 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: v Zoidberg v
  • Steam: v_Zoidberg_v
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 03:29:37 PM »
Really nice start, I look forward to seeing how this story progresses.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 03:39:08 PM »
"Well, look what the cat dragged in!"

Pretty good stuff. The introductions to each character in so little time was a little overwhelming at first, but it got the point across.

Also, "I'm gonna knock you into next week."

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • This Hotel Sucks
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 04:28:16 PM »
Chapter Two Completed.

Hayden

• Elite Member
  • Hey babe
  • Awards 1 year on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: mister m0nk3y
  • Steam: Hayden
  • Other: 123456789
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2015, 04:44:28 PM »
I like this monkey character! I wonder who he's based off of...  ;)
Craig doesn't know me.

Nefty

• Supreme Member
  • This Hotel Sucks
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 04:46:17 PM »
I like this monkey character! I wonder who he's based off of...  ;)

Don't get too attatched.......