How to:Whats CPR?
CPR stands for: Cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
CPR is a way of "reviving" someone. Say if someone was unconscious of dead for a few minutes, then you would resuscitate them, and would hopefully bring them back into consciousness. There are 2 ways on how to resuscitate someone. They are called mouth-to-mouth and hands only.mouth-to-mouth
Doing mouth-to-mouth is fairly simple, although many also think it is disgusting. To be honest I understand why people think that, but people should also understand the seriousness of it, and the affect it can have on people's lives.
To do mouth-to-mouth you must follow these steps:
1) place one hand on the victims for head.
2) using your other hand hold the victims chin upright, using only 2 fingers.
3) now using the hand that you are using to hold the victims for head, cover up the victims nose completely, so that they can't breath through it.
4) put your mouth completely other theirs, makin sure that when you pump oxygen into their lungs, no oxygen escapes.
5) breathe heavily into the victims lungs.
To do hands only you must follow these steps:
1) put your palm on the victims chest, line up your palm with the victims arm-pit. Now staying in that line move your palm into the centre.
2) put your other hand on top of your 1st hand, and inter-lock your fingers.
for an adult
3) to resuscitate an adult, puts your hands deep into their chest, making sure you have followed steps 1 and 2. For an adult you must have your palms go 2inches or 5cm deep into the victims chest.
for a child
3) to resuscitate a child, put your hands deep into their chest, making sure you followed steps 1 and 2. For a child you must have your palm go about 3cm deep or an inch deep.
To do them both at the same time:
Do mouth-to-mouth twice, and then do hands only 30 times. Of course you would've rang the local hospital services, so do this until help comes.
To check if a person is unconscious
To check if some one is unconscious check their pulse. You can do this by putting 2 fingers on the side of the persons neck. Check your own pulse, compare the 2, is there anything wron with the other persons pulse? If there is what? Is it gone completely?(dead.) yo could also speak to them. If they don't reply, then you know there is something wrong. If they aren't breathing call an ambulance, and start to do CPR on them. If they are gasping for air with they eyes closed, it means that they are having a cardiac arrest. If this is happening, turn them into a safety position. With their head close to the floor, so that they can't choke on anything. Call the local ambulance services, and whisper re-assuring words into their ears. DO NOT do CPR on these victims, let the ambulance crew sort the victim out.
Thanks for taking the time to read this!