Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Total Miner Forge: World Hopping  (Read 3089 times)

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • |Trivia & Maze Designer| |Previous TMF Tester|
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
  • Steam: Jeff McNewmen
Re: Total Miner Forge: World Hopping
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 11:38:23 PM »
Anyone can record anyones world without anyones permission...
It CANNOT be enforced therefore it would be a wasteful and childish effort to do so

It would simply just be a formality/respectful to ask, on "built up/nice" worlds.

However, Many map hosts are afk. or kids who would bug you for hours if they thought they were going to be on YT.
and also time consuming..

I record 100% of everything I do on xbox.

The one exception is if someone is working on a secret project and gives you a sneak peak...
It would just be very rude in that special case. but they can still do it if they so please.

------------------------------

And bobl19, Nice thumbnail pic :P
A simple message to the host "Hey ABC can I record a little bit of your world for a video I'm doing?" would be great. Even a simple mention in the description of the video would be wonderful of who's worlds you recorded.

I'm aware that you can record without permission, but the mature thing yo do in my opinion is to let the hosts know what you're doing. Not to hard to do :/

Steve

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
  • Xbox: Derfen Steve
  • Steam: Derfen Steve
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2015, 11:43:05 PM »
A simple message to the host "Hey ABC can I record a little bit of your world for a video I'm doing?" would be great. Even a simple mention in the description of the video would be wonderful of who's worlds you recorded.

I'm aware that you can record without permission, but the mature thing yo do in my opinion is to let the hosts know what you're doing. Not to hard to do :/

Of course jeff, I would like someone to let me know as well. BOBL19, I, and the rest of the forums already know It's obviously respectful,

But again just because something is the mature thing to do, does not make someone incorrect. because he was correct.

I see what your point was though, But bombing the topic with "did you ask perm" is kinda childish dude. That is the sole responsibility of the map owner. And is way beyond any responsibility of tester, to some it may of looked like he was breaking a rule, discrediting him.

And Maybe he did ask permission....? I fail to see what it has to do with you though.

Its nothing personal, Im just tired of "Moral Parenting" going on, on the forums, It looks so very bad.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 12:03:32 AM by Steve »

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber (2013-2019)
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2015, 12:12:18 AM »
Pleas no recording my map would work.  ^-^ I think since i record it's my time to get in on this. From a youtubers point of view. I send them a message hi.  They either A. Say can you record my map B. Say no admin :o C. What. If i get b or c i say. May i record you're map. If A i say yes or later. I never say no. Becuase everyone needs a shot. In my opinion.

/mm Thanks GK for Sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

BOBL19

• Youtuber
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: BOBL19
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2015, 07:13:28 PM »
Anyone can record anyones world without anyones permission...
It CANNOT be enforced therefore it would be a wasteful and childish effort to do so

It would simply just be a formality/respectful to ask, on "built up/nice" worlds.

However, Many map hosts are afk. or kids who would bug you for hours if they thought they were going to be on YT.
and also time consuming..

I record 100% of everything I do on xbox.

The one exception is if someone is working on a secret project and gives you a sneak peak...
It would just be very rude in that special case. but they can still do it if they so please.

------------------------------

And bobl19, Nice thumbnail pic :P

I have to stand by clerical on this one Jeff.

Just because someone does not want their world recorded, does not make clerical's statement incorrect.
(that does not make any-type of logical sense)
It really does not matter because theres no way to enforce it. Its like chasing a ghost, Of course i'm sure that if it bothered you that much you could place a sign down in your spawn requesting that your world not be recorded.

Simply because the person who does not want his world recorded, would be considered a minority. and therefore its their own responsibility/duty to request anything other than the Social norm. Other than using a blanket statement saying worlds need permission to be recorded...

Exactly thank you! And again thanks, there's going be a better thumbnail picture soon. That one took me about five seconds, I can do a lot better lol :p

BOBL19

• Youtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2015, 07:34:05 PM »

I agree with you on the peoples name in the description, but I thought since there name is in the bottom left of the video it wouldn't matter. And I agree with both sides of the argument of you and Steve, 1) shouldn't join someone's map that's a secret and start record, I know that already. I have respect for people when it comes to things like that. 2) i'm joining world's that are fun and public and people don't care about stuff like that. 3) If someone didn't want their map recorded or public they wouldn't put on public they would keep it on private or invite only to prevent people from recording and if you have it on public already the world is going to see it anyways. That's just my side and point of view

BOBL19

• Youtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2015, 02:37:09 AM »
op update new video

BOBL19

• Youtuber
    • View Profile