Author Topic:  Half blocks  (Read 320 times)

iliektotalminer

• View Profile
    • Awards
Half blocks
« on: May 13, 2013, 04:09:06 PM »
I've been stying to use half blocks in creative and I found that they are incredibly hard to work with. Any tips?

Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Legendary Member
  • "Witness me! I live, I die, I live again."
  • Awards 1 year on site Former MotM winners 3 years on site I AM THE LAW! 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Half blocks
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 04:27:21 PM »
i find perspective best if you want to place the block in the lover half of the block space make sure there is a block below, if you want to place the block in the upper half of the block space a block needs to be behind or on an adjacent side. if you want help working with them for styling them I recommend looking at other peoples work. Hope i helped.

Cheers Tom (:

(smacks you)

being stupid is gona start to hurt around here.

TacitGrunt

• Disciple of Tigerhawk
  • Awards 1 year on site Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TacitGrunt
Re: Half blocks
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 11:28:23 PM »
Are you talking about how to place the half blocks on the top? If so the best way I found was aiming at the top half of the block in the square next to where you want to place the half block. If you aim at the bottom half it will place on the bottom half.

Edit: I was wrong you only have to look at the side of a block to place the half block on top, looking at the lower half of the side will still place it on top. To place them on the bottom follow what Tom said above me.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2013, 02:05:26 PM by TacitGrunt »

^--Made by Shakez                            Made by Me--V

Check out my map: http://totalminerforums.net/index.php?topic=1864.0