Author Topic:  Wild, Wild West(HD Texture Pack)  (Read 15932 times)

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
Re: Wild west texture pack
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2015, 09:43:40 PM »
Of course, I think the third texture or a modified version of it will be the wood door. Steel door would be more like something that looks more reinforced. And the locked door would be almost like a vault door
Reinforced? Like... moreso than the wooden, or just a really tough looking door? I was thinking more... residential. Walk into a Western town and you won't see the salloon door on every house.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2015, 10:15:49 PM »
Reinforced? Like... moreso than the wooden, or just a really tough looking door? I was thinking more... residential. Walk into a Western town and you won't see the salloon door on every house.
Reinforced was the wrong word. I mean something like you would use on a house or something else where the small salon doors wouldn't fit.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2015, 01:35:25 AM »
Reinforced was the wrong word. I mean something like you would use on a house or something else where the small salon doors wouldn't fit.
I'm not at my computer, but here are examples of the type of door I'm going to make for the steel door
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/old-western-jail-door-23847465.jpg

http://static2.bigstockphoto.com/thumbs/2/7/1/large2/1722766.jpg

I know they are not the same material, but they have the same style. The texture will have a window with bars, a latch, and noticeable iron hinges
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 01:39:52 AM by Atlas Telamon »

#BanAtlas

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2015, 07:46:12 AM »
On a previous subject, You could make Platinum into the silvery building block, Opening up titanium for something else.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2015, 03:40:28 PM »
I forgot to post them last night, but I made new diamond and brick textures from previous criticisms, as well as making a gold texture. I'm trying to turn my gold texture into a stack of gold bricks. As someone stated earlier, bank robberies were a big part of the old west and gold bars could really flesh out bank vaults and train vaults

#BanAtlas

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2015, 03:42:51 PM »
I'm not at my computer, but here are examples of the type of door I'm going to make for the steel door
http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/old-western-jail-door-23847465.jpg

http://static2.bigstockphoto.com/thumbs/2/7/1/large2/1722766.jpg

I know they are not the same material, but they have the same style. The texture will have a window with bars, a latch, and noticeable iron hinges
Sounds good, partner. Boy howdy, I reckon this'un here texture pack'll look mighty fine.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2015, 03:43:22 PM »
Sounds good, partner. Boy howdy, I reckon this'un here texture pack'll look mighty fine.
That's the plan, partner

#BanAtlas

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2015, 03:44:30 PM »
I forgot to post them last night, but I made new diamond and brick textures from previous criticisms, as well as making a gold texture. I'm trying to turn my gold texture into a stack of gold bricks. As someone stated earlier, bank robberies were a big part of the old west and gold bars could really flesh out bank vaults and train vaults
I love that idea.

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • The Demi-God giving Cold Sore King
  • Awards 3 years on site Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13) Former MotM winners 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
    • Awards
  • Xbox: YoungSykotic182
  • Steam: YoungSykotic182
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2015, 07:03:46 PM »
Depends on the blocks, but most of the time I just make a block one color.

Then I use similar colors and other colors I want to see on it either using the circle or the line tool. Based on the texture, ill either use bigger or smaller circles, longer or smaller lines, straight or criss crossed etc.

Then ill resize it really small and tile it. Once its tiled ill look for patterns I want to see in the final product. So stones will have rounder patterns, whereas grass and dirt will be more random.

Then I randomly put the different patterns I like on top of each other to make it look different all around, sometimes only taking half a pattern or two at a time.

It sounds kinda complicated, but its the fastest way to make cool looking textures. I kinda perfected in in my senior game design class because sometimes we would have 2-3 days to create games and I didn't have time to make super detailed environments
No that makes perfect sense. I do the same for some things. It's best to start with a larger image and resize it. Well done.

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2015, 07:36:41 PM »

Well these are my test colors for the color blocks. Light green, green, dark green, light yellow, and yellow

This is my torch test. It should look something like this when I'm done

These are my titanium, brick, base gold, and diamond textures

These are a few attempts at gold bricks. None of them look right, but ill keep trying
« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 07:41:09 PM by Atlas Telamon »

#BanAtlas

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2015, 07:44:31 PM »
I apologize that the texture pack is coming along slowly. Would it be preferable if I started working on items to give everyone a taste of those, or should I keep working on blocks?

#BanAtlas

The Gold Knight

• Legendary Member
  • My Forgeplex is better ;)
  • Awards 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 5 years on site Top contributors to the forum downloads. 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Former MotM winners 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • Insert Clickbait Title Here!
    • Awards
  • Other: 何
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2015, 07:59:32 PM »
I apologize that the texture pack is coming along slowly. Would it be preferable if I started working on items to give everyone a taste of those, or should I keep working on blocks?
Just do whatever you think you should. Take your time. There's no need to rush anything.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2015, 08:06:45 PM »
It'd be neat if the torch looked more like a lantern.

Also, the titanium looks a bit white. Kind of like someone drew thin lines on a sheet of white paper.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Jectz

• Supreme Member
  • snD God
  • Awards Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Xtrxmez
  • Steam: Rejectz12
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2015, 08:14:39 PM »
The Titanium looks more like Limestone.
I'm pretty good at stuff.

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2015, 08:17:47 PM »
I will darken the titanium a bit, but I do want to keep it looking like titanium

"A metallic element, titanium is recognized for its high strength-to-weight ratio. It is a strong metal with low density that is quite ductile (especially in an oxygen-free environment), lustrous, and metallic-white in color."

#BanAtlas