Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Auto-mining machine  (Read 1500 times)

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
Re: Auto-mining machine
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2015, 12:09:08 AM »
Also for DD maps, because they are so much deeper than they are wide, the script runs off the edge of the world well before it even reaches the first hell, so the scripter is going to have to work around that by changing the direction of the staircase every rock layer or two.
Or have it dig a spiral staircase.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Zone

• Elite Member
  • Total Miner Youtuber
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • Xbox: IGs x Zone
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2015, 12:11:06 AM »
Or have it dig a spiral staircase.

Couldn't you just have it go down and have it place ladders after?
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
Your getting close
So close
Come on you can do it!
Can you feel the burn??
Your on fire!
Cold
Hot
HOT!!
Hi :D

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2015, 12:12:54 AM »
Couldn't you just have it go down and have it place ladders after?
Not on DD or Survival.

Zone

• Elite Member
  • Total Miner Youtuber
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
  • Xbox: IGs x Zone
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2015, 12:29:40 AM »
Not on DD or Survival.

Not even if you were moving the item, Like have a place where you have ladders place and move the ladders or does Ladders not move?
Your getting close
So close
Come on you can do it!
Can you feel the burn??
Your on fire!
Cold
Hot
HOT!!
Hi :D

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2015, 12:30:32 AM »
Not even if you were moving the item, Like have a place where you have ladders place and move the ladders or does Ladders not move?
I doubt it.

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2015, 02:24:31 AM »
That would work, but you'd have to stand in one place, placing the ladders, and have a lot of ladders. Especially if you want to go all the way to the bottom of a digdeep.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Jaz

• Supreme Member
  • - Jaz
    • View Profile
    • The Useless Web
  • Xbox: Jaz the MAN 2
  • PSN: Jaz_the_MAN_2
  • Steam: Jaz the MAN 2
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2015, 04:31:53 AM »
I like the way that the script evolved :) seemed to get more attention than I first thought, nice work Mr. MuD and Dr. Craig, the stair case idea is very well done and MuD even went the next step with gifs :P

I am going to experiment more with tools like this as soon as it is released on PC/PS4

muD

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2015, 06:35:27 AM »
It was a little user unfriendly in that it created two block high steps, so to return to the surface one needed to double jump.

Also for DD maps, because they are so much deeper than they are wide, the script runs off the edge of the world well before it even reaches the first hell, so the scripter is going to have to work around that by changing the direction of the staircase every rock layer or two.
Aye i went for the double jump stairway for simplicity and to try an keep it away from the map edge for longer with that model
A spiral stairway would be the way to go

That's good to know it works; that the script is fully executed from its original position

i think it may be worth considering making the blueprints & wisdomscrolls in DD/Survival unmoveable by script if they're not already.
If they can be moved by script then it's possible to make scripts to fish them out & move them to the surface. and it's kinda tempting..
-if by any chance you're considering an IsEntity type command and it recognises blueprints ect, and they can be moved, it will be even easier to fish them out

i know it's not technically cheating if you're using in-game options, and that's not the actual point of that gametype anyway, but as these kind of scripts can be fairly easily made, and also if scripts can be shared on pc as easily as i imagine they can, and there are unlockables to be grabbed so easily as a result.. just a thought..

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2015, 07:17:28 AM »
Correct me if i'm wrong, But aren't blueprints an item and a block?

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2015, 07:48:23 AM »
Aye i went for the double jump stairway for simplicity and to try an keep it away from the map edge for longer with that model
A spiral stairway would be the way to go

That's good to know it works; that the script is fully executed from its original position

i think it may be worth considering making the blueprints & wisdomscrolls in DD/Survival unmoveable by script if they're not already.
If they can be moved by script then it's possible to make scripts to fish them out & move them to the surface. and it's kinda tempting..
-if by any chance you're considering an IsEntity type command and it recognises blueprints ect, and they can be moved, it will be even easier to fish them out

i know it's not technically cheating if you're using in-game options, and that's not the actual point of that gametype anyway, but as these kind of scripts can be fairly easily made, and also if scripts can be shared on pc as easily as i imagine they can, and there are unlockables to be grabbed so easily as a result.. just a thought..
It's probably worthwhile, although I'm struggling to think of a way to move them to the surface in such a way as to not overwrite each other. The only way I can think of would be to require a restart of the script once a blueprint/wisdom is found, and that might get tiresome.