Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Nexus City Official Thread v2.2  (Read 28832 times)

Shorts the Environmentalist

• Supreme Member
  • I like to do graphics!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Shortpants128
Nexus City Official Thread v2.2
« on: May 08, 2013, 06:59:14 PM »

Nexus City Official Thread! v2.1.1
Created By Short Pants, Cheese, and Pringle

This is the official thread to Nexus City. This is the main thread on where people can find recent updates on the map, see pictures or videos of Nexus, or see further plans going into the map itself!
 You can also give recommendations, discuss how your time went in the map, or ask on when the map will be up on the game.

General Information

-Nexus City is a large modern city in the game Total Miner: Forge. quite possibly one of the largest projects out there in the game, and has been in the making for more than a year now
-This city has definitely grown, hitting past 38MB in June and going!
-It currently runs in V2.1.1

History

The history of the Democratic City-State of Nexus

Spoiler for Hidden Content:
Starting with its story on how the city-state came to be

It was 1994, and the second civil war of the US has just ended. The country has split into fourths. Nexus city was devastated after the Southern Union and Western United States had attacked and destroyed the city, and state of Delaware all together. The two new countries had attacked any major city tied with being on the USA’s side. That including Washington, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Columbus, Cleveland, Nexus, Pittsburgh, and New York City have all been attacked by the other unions. All, except one. New England. That union, or new country, had been the cause of the war since the economy crash of 1989 after 6 states, New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Connecticut, and Nova Scotia (being part of Canada) had developed their own country, with Boston, a former US city, to be the capital.
Nexus had lost over 60% of the population of the city. From before the crash of 1989, the population rose at a whopping 7 million citizens, now in 1995, just under 3 million. The city itself couldn’t just have Delaware secede the union, for they did not want to, and that it couldn’t join anybody. Nexus, and the city government, decided to split from the USA, and prefer to be its own city-state in May, 1995.
The United States faithfully accepted the city’s split from the country, for they thought Nexus wouldn’t last a year without the United States. They were wrong in the end. Nexus thought it’d be best to start a new beginning to the city, and restart tourism, and economy. Nexus did in fact start to grow, and began to sprout out from the ground once more.
They rebuilt the city from the ground up, planned the ways how it’d be run, and how easy it’d be to access around the city. Soon, they had one of the strongest economies out there in the world. The city continued to grow, and with a stable economy, and government, it became a very wealthy city-state nation.
Around the year 2003, a terrorist attack had been attempted in the city, and sadly succeeded. It was the 7/18/03 attacks of nexus, where terrorists had bombed Grand Central Station, and two subway stations in the city. Killing over 1300 people. Grand Central Station had suffered great damage, to the point of where the whole building needed to be knocked down and rebuilt from the ground up. This lead to opening another station just north of grand central, a temporary station, so that the commuter rail system did not have to stop fully. This station, called North Station, located just outside the NTC complex, had soon been permanently implanted into the city, just to control the north side of the commuter rail of the cities large rail system, perhaps the largest in the world. Grand Central did soon open up once more, and in fact, kept the same design of the old station that was built over 100 years back.
In the year 2005, the city had created a section in the city dedicated to crime, and for the poor. People did complain about this, but this section was never released to the public until it was already complete. A series of roads underground, including some homeless shelters, have been built to sustain the homeless population of the city. One area was for the less fortunate, and another area dedicated to all crime being legal. This had made the homeless population of the city decrease by over 65% on the streets. Crime levels had dropped the most out of all, to a staggering 94%. This was a good idea at the time, but soon it came out of control once Trubstep Industries was introduced to the global market.
Trubstep Industries. Created in 1936, it was first a small factory company but soon grew rapidly, hiring 100s of workers by the day, and building 100s of factories and stores by the month. It grew so fast, that investors couldn’t even keep up with the industry on Wall St.
2007, The NTA had gone bankrupt. (Nexus Transportation Authority. NTA controls all public transportation throughout the city, including, The NCS or Nexus City Subway, NCBD or Nexus City Bus Department, NCR or Nexus Commuter Rail, and Yellow Cab Company before it split off from NTA and then soon bought out by Trubstep Industries.
Trubstep Industries bought half of the NTA for over $1 Billion. The mega industry soon controlled the whole production of the public transportation, and somehow brought NTA out of the ground. To this day we have no idea how the founder and CEO of Trubstep Industries, Trubstep Record, managed to bring the company up from the dead and continue making money for the city.
In 2009, the Democratic City-State of Nexus had gone to war over a terrorist attack presumed to be caused by Trubstep Industries. For the company’s founder, had decided to threaten to nuke the city, and that he himself planned and succeeded multiple attacks in the downtown area of Nexus. Killing more than 300 people due to planting car bombs on the streets all over.
The war soon ended up in discussion about nuclear war. This soon led into the United Nations stepping in to stop nuclear war from ever happening. Instead, private discussion in the Old Nexus Senate had happened, then soon leading to Trubstep Industries and The Democratic City-State of Nexus to join an alliance, and create a new world alliance group. The new group, had been created by three people. Rucking Fetard, Trubstep Record, and Short Pants. It gives chances for all Total Miner worlds to align together at peace.
In October of 2011, A terrorist attack had been attempted in Nexus, where 3 car bombs across the city blown up from Nexus Underground, and the military base had been broken into, causing two predator drones to roam across the city blindly shooting missiles on the streets. The Government is still looking for the group or person responsible for the cause.
With Nexus Underground, around the year 2010, was bought out by Trubstep Industries, and had soon fallen, where everywhere in Nexus Underground turned to crime and violence, and the homeless rate soon raised again, from Trubstep Industries neglecting care for the Underground. This matter was out of reach to the city government, and is yet to this date a rising problem.
In October of 2013, the World Alliance group had been shut down, due to no money (since it’s privately funded between the three leaders) and forced to shut down the Nexus Government as well. This caused the economy to crash in the few 20 days the city was shut down. Nexus is still recovering from the small depression, and the government shutdown that closed more than half the city.
Currently, there are over 30 proposals in the city for new skyscggggggggggggggggggggrapers to be built.
Current News will always be updated. (When new information comes in)

Where the idea all began, in the real world ;) :

Back in the realm of 1.7, where 1.8 was just possibly an update that we thought was the holy grail of the game, we came up with all sorts of pleasant ideas. one idea had came up. That Short Pants, Cheese, and Pringle should all join together and build quite possibly the largest city the game has ever seen. They called it the city of dreams, but soon becoming known as Nexus City. Planning on the city went as far back as November of 2012, and not knowing that the construction of the map would begin six months later. But it did, and became just what the three wise men had wanted to create. The map, still under construction to this day, will soon one day be complete, and hopefully before the map itself turns 1 years old.

Pictures and Video

PICTURES 1-13-14
]

VIDEOS:

Nexus City Official Trailer: Coming soon

Updated News

Update 12-9-13

- Nexus is moving slowly, but having good progress
- Sky Sphere has been fully built.
- 2.0 Preparations are currently going on.

Special Thanks

Special thanks to the people below:

- Rucking Fetard (Get Inn The Jet)
- Dare Will Feral (Dare Will Feral)
- Trubtavium Recordsmith (Trubstep Record)
- UnableBig Boy (UnableBig Boy)
- Doggish Khan (DoggishKhan)
- Miss Celany (Miss Celany)
- MW2 God Tyler (MW2 God Tyler)
- Captain
- B1ack W1dow
- TheLogan2000

That list is likely to expand

© 2013, Nexus City Official
[/size]
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 03:32:19 PM by Shorts the Environmentalist »
I'm an Architect

KUi Klutch

• Legendary Member
  • Życie jest trudne, mimo wszystko, to cię zabije.
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Zz Klann zZ
  • Steam: KUi Klutch
Re: Nexus City Official Thread V1.0
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 07:09:53 PM »
Saw it 2 days ago, I thought it was awesome. ;D

Pringle

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: pringle2009
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 07:13:54 PM »
Saw it 2 days ago, I thought it was awesome. ;D

Me too...
https://m.

Cloud 9

• Stoner, Miner, and Philanthropist
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: PandaPaw64
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 07:15:55 PM »
Sounds like it's ambitious and bloody amazing! Best of luck to all of you building it. :)

• Supreme Member
  • I like to do graphics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 07:17:23 PM »
Sounds like it's ambitious and bloody amazing! Best of luck to all of you building it. :)
thank you Cloud 9, also pringle, me 3!
I'm an Architect

• Supreme Member
  • I like to do graphics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2013, 07:44:56 PM »
Going to host Nexus City right now. Time is 7:45 PM and i will be on until 9:00 PM
I'm an Architect

Pride

• Legendary Member
  • A new begining
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Denied Pride
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 11:05:42 PM »
Map is turning out pretty nice. Any time you need help i'm here...unless i'm not here :P

Lightning

• Solo City Builder
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Star
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2013, 12:28:58 AM »
If only total miner maps weren't so small...
hi hi hi hi hi hi

• Supreme Member
  • I like to do graphics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2013, 03:57:44 PM »
its pretty big, trust me!
I'm an Architect

Pride

• Legendary Member
  • A new begining
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Denied Pride
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 09:39:41 AM »
If only total miner maps weren't so small...
Have you seen the maps after the update? They are not really that small at all. At least compared to what they use to be ::)