Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  PC Questions da agy asks! ^_^  (Read 2824 times)

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Agykoo
Re: PC Questions da agy asks! ^_^
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2015, 11:54:15 PM »
lol custom pc's can be as much or as little as you want.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/gtxVyc

Hows that look?

the only thing that stands out as odd to me is the memory. my understanding has been its better to have say 2x 4G, then 1x 8G. as in dual channel over single channel. the reason for it was that it acted as a highway. so single channel was say a 4 lane highway. while dual channel was an 8 lane highway.

now maybe I am just cra cra and I was told wrong XD ^_^
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2015, 12:59:42 AM »
the only thing that stands out as odd to me is the memory. my understanding has been its better to have say 2x 4G, then 1x 8G. as in dual channel over single channel. the reason for it was that it acted as a highway. so single channel was say a 4 lane highway. while dual channel was an 8 lane highway.

I believe you are correct. It does not make a huge difference, but it's still better to go with the 2x 4GB rather than 1x 8GB, (if you have dual channel), AFAIK. I'm not as great with hardware as Kitty though, so you may want her to weigh in on this topic.
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

Kitty

• Legendary Member
  • Sinking into nothing at all~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Milkshakez7z
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2015, 01:34:00 PM »

Unless you are running memory intensive applications it doesn't make to much difference, I opted for 1 stick of ram so when he wants more he can just buy another 8GB stick instead of a full 16gb kit.

Its what I did, and shouldn't cause any issues at all unless you are running an APU system when the GPU uses the ram as graphics memory, in that case you need the tastes config of ram it supports.

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Agykoo
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2015, 07:24:08 PM »
Unless you are running memory intensive applications it doesn't make to much difference, I opted for 1 stick of ram so when he wants more he can just buy another 8GB stick instead of a full 16gb kit.

Its what I did, and shouldn't cause any issues at all unless you are running an APU system when the GPU uses the ram as graphics memory, in that case you need the tastes config of ram it supports.

thank you that makes sense ^_^
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^