Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  2.0 Features  (Read 30549 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Craig

  • Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6655
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
Re: 2.0 Features
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2013, 03:35:33 AM »
Mob AI has been improved.

It is now vision and hearing based.

Each mob has a vision cone, extending from their eyes out to the direction they are facing. If the player is not inside that cone, the mob cannot see the player, and the mob will wander around. If the player is inside the cone, but there are blocks hiding the player from the mob, the mob cannot see the player (and will wander).

Each mob has two vision ranges, a regard range, and an attack range. The attack range is always shorter than the regard range.

If a player is within the mobs vision cone (and not obscured), the mob will regard the player (following the players movement), and if the player becomes within the attack range, the mob will chase and attack the player.

If a mob can see the player, and then the player hides behind a block, the mob will remember the player is there for a short time and continue to regard/chase/attack. If the player does not eventually return into the mobs vision, the mob will forget the player was there and return to wandering.

If the player is behind a mob and the mob cannot see the player, if the player then attacks the mob, the mob will turn and return attack.

When a player walks around and is not crouching, the player makes footstep sounds. If a mob is close to the player but cannot see the player, it may hear the footstep and turn to face where the sound came from, allowing it to see the player, and then it's behaviour continues based on sight.

Also a mob may hear other sounds (mob pain, mob death, sword strike etc) and turn to see what is there.

This makes the mob AI much more interesting. You are no longer continually swarmed. You can pick your paths to evade the mobs and have a much better chance of surviving the nightly onslaught.


Here is an example of the vision cones. (for the technical minded among you, they are actually frustums).
« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 05:01:44 AM by Craig »

Craig

  • Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6655
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
Re: 2.0 Features
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2014, 01:26:52 AM »
Enchanted Jewellery:

Ring Of Bob (Enchanted Greenstone Ring): 10% of any damage your receive from an enemy attack will be recoiled back on to the enemy.

Amulet Of Fury (Enchanted Greenstone Amulet):  Increases your chance of inflicting a max hit on your opponent during combat by 5%

Necklace Of Knowledge (Enchanted Greenstone Necklace): All XP earned is increased by 20%

Spider Ring (Enchanted Ruby Ring): Grants the ability to walk up walls. It also reduces fall damage and allows the wearer to walk over steel spikes without harm. Negative Combat bonuses are in effect while equipped.

Predator Amulet (Predator Amulet): You become a silhouette. Mobs cannot see you unless you are in combat with them. Mobs can still hear you though.

Necklace Of Hypocrisy (Necklace Of Hypocrisy): 80% chance you will get two ore from the same block. 20% chance you'll get no ore.

Ring Of Exemption (Enchanted Diamond Ring): If your health becomes critical (less than 10% of your Max Health), you will be instantly teleported to the closest spawn point.

Amulet Of Starlight (Enchanted Diamond Amulet):  Surrounds you in brilliant star light.

Necklace Of Farsight (Enchanted Diamond Necklace): Grants you the power to see through solid rock. But beware, you will take 5 hit points of damage every second, your combat stats receive a massive negative bonus and you can only move very slowly.

Craig

  • Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6655
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
Re: 2.0 Features
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2014, 01:36:27 AM »
A very brief summary of the update

Version 2.0:

* 110 new Items.
* 19 new Blocks.
* 9 new Mobs.
* 15 new Music tracks.

* Player Skills System.
* WIFI Powered Circuitry.
* Crop Farming + new food items.
* Scripts.

* Player Hot Bar.
* Player Change Logs.
* Enchanted Jewellery with special powers.
* SkyWorld and SpaceWorld flat maps.
* Improved Combat system.
* Customizable Mob Spawners.
* Customizable Mob Drop Tables.
* Improved Ore generation.
* More custom gameplay options.

* Many Bug fixes.
* Major engine and RAM footprint improvements.
* Smoother Multiplayer loading and gameplay.

Craig

  • Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • *
  • Posts: 6655
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner