Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  PC Questions da agy asks! ^_^  (Read 2719 times)

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Agykoo
Re: PC Questions da agy asks! ^_^
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2015, 03:31:16 PM »
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127832
new graphics card now. light years ahead of the old one i linked.
what do you guys think?

also for kitty, whats wrong with thermaltech PSU?
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2015, 03:44:30 PM »
I have the GTX 970 4Gb, it's perfect and works flawlessly. It runs just about every game at max settings at 60+ FPS. 10/10 Would recommend.
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

Kitty

• Legendary Member
  • Sinking into nothing at all~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Milkshakez7z
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2015, 04:39:47 PM »
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127832
new graphics card now. light years ahead of the old one i linked.
what do you guys think?

also for kitty, whats wrong with thermaltech PSU?

Nothing outright wrong, just personal preference and I couldnt find much info/reviews on the model you posted :)

Yeah if your willing to get it a GTX 970 should be great, although they arent actually 4GB cards they are 3.5GB and 512mb's of slower vram (not a defect just the way the card was designed) no ones really reported to many issues with that during normal use but I thought I would just put it out there.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2015, 07:40:48 PM »
I have the GTX 970 4Gb, it's perfect and works flawlessly. It runs just about every game at max settings at 60+ FPS. 10/10 Would recommend.

Ouch! These MUST be optimal as they cost a pretty penny. Not sure if I would be willing to shell out that much for a graphics card alone. But this thing must be great from how you just described it. I'd be going in a different direction for building my computer, as far as money though.

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2015, 08:04:51 PM »
Ouch! These MUST be optimal as they cost a pretty penny. Not sure if I would be willing to shell out that much for a graphics card alone. But this thing must be great from how you just described it. I'd be going in a different direction for building my computer, as far as money though.

if you want to build a gaming rig your gona need to deeply invest into a grahics card, as far as I am concred that 970 I linked is midrange. thus again its not a gaming rig I am making ^_^

Thank you kitty for the info ^_^

all told with all parts + softwear and printer, its running into ruffly $2200 (including price because of jack thinking of making a computer too)...........granted the printer is ruffly $400 of that. + office at $150. so $550 of that you wodulent even need for a gaming rig...........granted that should go into a better graphics card ;D

again tho it was never my intention to make this a gaming rig in the first place. I can build a personal gaming rig latter ^_^ (funfact, this non gaming rig is gona destry my current personal gaming rig XD, of course my mid rang gaming rig is also 5+ years old now tho) ^_^

anywho

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2015, 08:08:30 PM »
if you want to build a gaming rig your gona need to deeply invest into a grahics card, as far as I am concred that 970 I linked is midrange. thus again its not a gaming rig I am making ^_^

Thank you kitty for the info ^_^

all told with all parts + softwear and printer, its running into ruffly $2200 (including price because of jack thinking of making a computer too)...........granted the printer is ruffly $400 of that. + office at $150. so $550 of that you wodulent even need for a gaming rig...........granted that should go into a better graphics card ;D

again tho it was never my intention to make this a gaming rig in the first place. I can build a personal gaming rig latter ^_^ (funfact, this non gaming rig is gona destry my current personal gaming rig XD, of course my mid rang gaming rig is also 5+ years old now tho) ^_^

Guess I'm going to be stuck with factory default computers, just updated. lol I won't be making the good money until after I am out of college. And even then, most people tell me to build my own gaming rig. Yet some of the already factory default Alien Wares run everything I would need for several hundred dollars cheaper. Le Sigh, my upgrade is going to be a long time coming. On the other hand, I do hope you get your non-gaming PC up and going as soon as you can! Definitely take pictures too. :D I'd like to see what parts you pick.

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2015, 08:15:59 PM »
Guess I'm going to be stuck with factory default computers, just updated. lol I won't be making the good money until after I am out of college. And even then, most people tell me to build my own gaming rig. Yet some of the already factory default Alien Wares run everything I would need for several hundred dollars cheaper. Le Sigh, my upgrade is going to be a long time coming. On the other hand, I do hope you get your non-gaming PC up and going as soon as you can! Definitely take pictures too. :D I'd like to see what parts you pick.

I tried looking at alien wear and they all seemed over priced and cheap parts.

exp, if you take out the printer and microsodft office. for the same price as alien wears baseline computer, this non gaming rig I have listed is much better then it. and for the same price. and my price factors in a monitor whiel alien wears doeisnt, so its really bad XD

with alien wear you are just paying for a name ^_^

anywho

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2015, 08:48:05 PM »
I tried looking at alien wear and they all seemed over priced and cheap parts.

exp, if you take out the printer and microsodft office. for the same price as alien wears baseline computer, this non gaming rig I have listed is much better then it. and for the same price. and my price factors in a monitor whiel alien wears doeisnt, so its really bad XD

with alien wear you are just paying for a name ^_^

Well depends on the rig you buy, but I've seen other gaming computers that work just as good for MUCH cheaper as well. Basically, was just generalizing it. lol Plus, I don't have a whole lot of computer-related aptitude to build my own. So I'd end up designing a Frankenstein monster computer that only optimizes half of the power it really possesses. Or explodes. XD

I've always known Alien Ware is like buying a bag of chips, you're buying one third of it for the name, one third for the chips, and one third for the air since half the bag is empty anyway. But I know what you mean, this is why I still have an 8 year old computer, factory defaults and everything. :P

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2015, 09:19:51 PM »
Oh yeah, it definitely does cost a bit of money. I'd really go for it only if you're building a high end gaming PC. I just bought ARMA III today and it runs at max settings 60+ FPS with some minor drops here and there.
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2015, 09:39:44 PM »
Well depends on the rig you buy, but I've seen other gaming computers that work just as good for MUCH cheaper as well. Basically, was just generalizing it. lol Plus, I don't have a whole lot of computer-related aptitude to build my own. So I'd end up designing a Frankenstein monster computer that only optimizes half of the power it really possesses. Or explodes. XD

I've always known Alien Ware is like buying a bag of chips, you're buying one third of it for the name, one third for the chips, and one third for the air since half the bag is empty anyway. But I know what you mean, this is why I still have an 8 year old computer, factory defaults and everything. :P

yea its nuts, I went to the dell site and went into alien wear, looking at ti they have 3 styles, a consule basickly. a mid range, and there top end.

looking at there top end its split into 4 trim levels, there base trim is $1700 (so its already $50 more). it has NO, monitor, keyboard/mouse.

it also has half the ram (tho the ram its self is higher quality), its video card is 3 tiers lower then the most recent one I linked  (using http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107-7.html)

so its extra fancy on the outside to the low information buyer. but looking closer you see its a raw deal.

yea I understand about building your own ^_^. the first one I ever built I got told they (my parents) would buy the parts but I had to put it together, agy had zero idea how to do it XD. luckly I knew the squear goes into the squear hole ^_^.
that said as I said in the other post. I still dotn understand PSUs that well. rest I get more or less, but I could always learn more ^_^
wait we were talking about building XD, anywho, I got lucky when I was younger that I got to play with a lot of legos from older siblings and cusaisn and such so I go the building nack down, it aculty translates well to building a computer.

99% of things now are just pluging things in, or screwing things in. its mostly self exspalnatory. the part where it gets more complicated is installing all the drives and OS the first time.
but that gets realativly self exspalnatory as you do it.

I understand cost still tho. it does suck. and I feel like the costs for things are a lot more then they where 5 years ago (granted......it was 5 years ago and my childish mind may be playing tricks on me).  so I feel your pain in anting it but it being to exp.
"but agy your spending $2200 on this one here"
yea again its not even my personal computer (what would I do with a printer or office?). its really nto XD (nor is it my money ether, but again not my computer ether). I still have my own older gaming rig ^_^, so no need to beat on me ^_^

anywho