Author Topic:  Dig Deep Aficionados!-Discussion & Guides  (Read 21579 times)

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
Re: Dig Deep Aficionados!-Discussion & Guides
« Reply #180 on: October 23, 2016, 01:41:20 PM »
I think this topic deserves being pinned to the top of the Dig Deep section of the forums. It's filled with plenty of very helpful information, and when I last wanted to post, I had to look down a bit before I found the topic.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #181 on: October 23, 2016, 03:32:41 PM »
I think this topic deserves being pinned to the top of the Dig Deep section of the forums. It's filled with plenty of very helpful information, and when I last wanted to post, I had to look down a bit before I found the topic.
I noticed that too (it being lower on the Dig Deep section). Wasn't sure if bob wanted to pin it or not. I would like to take more information within the topic and post it to the OP. Make it easier for folks to find what they need.

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #182 on: October 23, 2016, 03:49:09 PM »
I noticed that too (it being lower on the Dig Deep section). Wasn't sure if bob wanted to pin it or not. I would like to take more information within the topic and post it to the OP. Make it easier for folks to find what they need.

Just add a spoiler in your OP that lists off any random tips people have given in this topic!

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #183 on: October 23, 2016, 03:49:58 PM »
Just add a spoiler in your OP that lists off any random tips people have given in this topic!
Brilliant idea, Wayne! As always. 8) Something like this:

Random Tips By Members:
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
Trub - BIG TIP! Don't know how long they've been around, but there's proximity detectors rigged with C4 around the Bedrock tower... Just a heads up for anyone playing on Easy or higher

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #184 on: October 23, 2016, 03:53:37 PM »
EXACTLY! PERFECT STUFF GARTH!

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #185 on: October 23, 2016, 04:15:11 PM »
EXACTLY! PERFECT STUFF GARTH!
Can't seem to edit the second portion of the guide either. :/

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #186 on: October 23, 2016, 06:49:39 PM »
Brilliant idea, Wayne! As always. 8) Something like this:

Random Tips By Members:
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
Trub - BIG TIP! Don't know how long they've been around, but there's proximity detectors rigged with C4 around the Bedrock tower... Just a heads up for anyone playing on Easy or higher

#TorchesOnTheRight

Probably the most useful navigation tip I have ever received. It makes it pretty damn near impossible to get lost in any mining game.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #187 on: October 23, 2016, 07:00:38 PM »
Probably the most useful navigation tip I have ever received. It makes it pretty damn near impossible to get lost in any mining game.
I use that method a lot. It actually helps.

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #188 on: October 23, 2016, 07:18:20 PM »
If you're tunneling between various caves and don't have a way back to the surface except the way you came in, make sure all your routes and tunnel entrances are marked very obviously. I usually light dozens of torches around my tunnel entrances, especially on the darker block layers. When you have the Script Block blueprint, a simple teleport script will get you out of any cave.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #189 on: October 23, 2016, 07:24:11 PM »
If you're tunneling between various caves and don't have a way back to the surface except the way you came in, make sure all your routes and tunnel entrances are marked very obviously. I usually light dozens of torches around my tunnel entrances, especially on the darker block layers. When you have the Script Block blueprint, a simple teleport script will get you out of any cave.
I do that as well. If you have money, use sun blocks. Bring a bunch down with you and line passage ways clearly. Very effective for keeping track of exits.

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #190 on: October 23, 2016, 07:25:10 PM »

Torches on the right actually helps this a lot.

The idea is to always place your torches on the right hand side.

If you want to get out of the cave, You'd simply need to follow the torches on the left hand side, And it will lead you straight out towards the entrance of your cave.

I find that marking entrances and tunnels is more useful for remembering how to get back down rather than escaping.

Although, To be fair. This is based on my experience with MC caves, Which are far more complicated than TM's caves (Something that I would love to be changed for PC.)

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #191 on: October 24, 2016, 03:28:20 AM »
Another thing I used to do was labeled portals to each layer. I know most, if not all, players do this. As it helps with travel times down to certain layers, and not having to remember which cave system begins the trip to the bottom. This is around the time you build up enough gold to buy several different blocks of obsidian. Just place one in that region, then on your way back place another in a location (like a stronghold or base) and label the coordinates and layer in which it resides. Another useful thing to do is REALLY elaborate where the obsidian block is on said layer. By that I mean, put tons of lighting or any other system to show off the teleport block's location. Otherwise, you may have to write down the coordinates of it's location as well. I cannot tell you how many times I've searched the Oasis, or another layer, for the little single obsidian block. Anyway, just another little tip to make your life easier in Dig Deep.

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #192 on: October 31, 2016, 03:23:23 AM »
I think this topic should be pinned to the top of the section. This is a totally original idea by me, and I think I should get my own personal badge for coming up with this idea. Which again, is my idea and my idea alone.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #193 on: October 31, 2016, 04:56:44 AM »
I think this topic should be pinned to the top of the section. This is a totally original idea by me, and I think I should get my own personal badge for coming up with this idea. Which again, is my idea and my idea alone.
You do. You deserve your own Atlas badge. +∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #194 on: October 31, 2016, 03:13:02 PM »
Another tip, not sure if it has been covered pretty sure it has, is to ALWAYS remember to break as much grass as possible at the beginning. You won't believe how much money you accrue from seeds. Not to mention, planting them just adds to your already growing pile of gold. Also remember, you will generally get more seeds back after planting the crop and harvesting it. Again, I am sure you all know this but I cannot stress how important it is for the beginning of your Dig Deep map.