Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Dig Deep Aficionados!-Discussion & Guides  (Read 28537 times)

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
Re: Dig Deep Aficionados!-Discussion & Guides
« Reply #130 on: July 05, 2016, 12:21:33 PM »
I found this on a topic, felt it was wise to post. This goes for all maps obviously, but this is the basics needed to grow crops. Quoted from Craig:

For a crop to grow there must be:

1. At least one block of empty space above the crop.
2. Water no further than 4 blocks away.
3. At least level 8 sunlight or at least level 9 block light (torches, sun boxes, lava etc).

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2016, 01:23:14 PM »
Awesome Stuff.

Does this same list apply to normal creative/survival type worlds if you multiply the normalized value by 512 instead?

It would be very useful for me since I want to remove all natural gold ore and obsidian from my map.

Another thing, Could you possibly explain how cave generation works and how the game determines where to put things like lava pools, Water pools, Wisdom scrolls, And Blueprints?

I am fairly sure that blueprint generation generates a blue box block which is changed to a random unfound/ungenerated blueprint upon player proximity.
Or at least, I think that is why I found random blue boxes in unloaded chunks on a creative converted DD world

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 05, 2016, 04:44:20 PM »
Does this same list apply to normal creative/survival type worlds if you multiply the normalized value by 512 instead?
I want to say it's feasible before Craig answers, but I dunno really. I wouldn't see why not. However, I heard one map type has more blocks than the other. That might slightly change up the Frequency/Size of blocks that appear. Again though, unsure. But, damn good question.

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #133 on: July 05, 2016, 05:37:46 PM »
I want to say it's feasible before Craig answers, but I dunno really. I wouldn't see why not. However, I heard one map type has more blocks than the other. That might slightly change up the Frequency/Size of blocks that appear. Again though, unsure. But, damn good question.

Honestly, Frequency doesn't matter for my purposes. But it would be nice to know the range so I don't have to run so many replace region commands.

Come to think of it, This would probably have to be calculated by the sea level rather than the world height to accommodate for the different location of each layer.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 05, 2016, 05:53:06 PM »
Honestly, Frequency doesn't matter for my purposes. But it would be nice to know the range so I don't have to run so many replace region commands.

Come to think of it, This would probably have to be calculated by the sea level rather than the world height to accommodate for the different location of each layer.
I could test it for you. In his Titanium guide, he mentioned not only the depths for Dig Deep but also for Survival. Effectively, I could take those numbers and figure it out by the numbers he put in that response. Shouldn't be too hard to guess if it's the same way or not.

Remember the coords in survival are the reverse of Dig Deep.

xx, 0, zz is the bottom of the map.
xx, 512, zz is the top of the map.

Titanium is found at depths 60-90%.

So on a new DD map, thats between depth 1845 and 2768 (where 2768 is nearer the bottom).
On survival maps (and creative) thats between 50 - 205 (where 50 is near the bottom).

So Min Depth: 0.4 and Max Depth would be 0.09. So it seems to work the same. It's just backwards. the smaller number is near the bottom, bigger number is near the top.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 05:58:30 PM by Jack Of Shades »

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #135 on: July 05, 2016, 09:57:13 PM »
Yes, the values are used for every game mode. That's actually why I normalized them, so they could be used regardless of map depth.

And yes Dryym is correct, the denormalized depth ranges are actually calculated based on an offset above sea level, not the full height of the map, so sorry Jack, you're DD numbers will be slightly off if based on 3072 (rather than 3008) O_O

DigDeep = Sea level + 40 = 3008
SemiAlpine = Sea level + 40
Grasslands/Desert = Sea level + 15

e.g. If your Grasslands map sea level is 200, then the normalized depth is denormalized by multiplying it by 215. Also as non DD maps don't have depth as such, just a Y coord that starts at 0 (bedrock), you'll need to either subtract the denormalized depth from 1 first, or subtract the normalized depth from sea level + X to get the actual depth. e.g. if min/max depth = 0.1 then the calculation can be either 1.0 - 0.1 = 0.9 * 215 = 193 or 215 - (215 * 0.1) = 193.

Also the Deposit Frequencies have a multiplier:
DigDeep = 35
SemiAlpine/Grasslands/Desert = 10

e.g. there are 150 x 35 = 5250 Titanium deposits on DD worlds and 150 x 10 = 1500 Titanium deposits on SemiAlpine/Grasslands/Desert worlds.

Grasslands and Desert also have some extra deposits

Desert:
BlockID = Block.SandBrick, DepositFrequency = 150, DepositSize = 40, MaxDepth = 0.9f, MinDepth = 0
BlockID = Block.Dirt, DepositFrequency = 80, DepositSize = 30, MaxDepth = 0.4f, MinDepth = 0
BlockID = Block.Basalt, DepositFrequency = 70, DepositSize = 20, MaxDepth = 0.4f, MinDepth = 0

Grasslands
BlockID = Block.Sand, DepositFrequency = 70, DepositSize = 30, MaxDepth = 0.4f, MinDepth = 0
BlockID = Block.Basalt, DepositFrequency = 70, DepositSize = 20, MaxDepth = 0.4f, MinDepth = 0

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 05, 2016, 10:13:09 PM »
And yes Dryym is correct, the denormalized depth ranges are actually calculated based on an offset above sea level, not the full height of the map, so sorry Jack, you're DD numbers will be slightly off if based on 3072 (rather than 3008)
Ah okay. Well, I'll come back in and adjust the numbers later. That way they're more accurate.

The Op is literally filled up, I can't add many more guides to it. O.o
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 10:31:31 PM by Jack Of Shades »

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #137 on: July 05, 2016, 10:39:07 PM »
The Op is literally filled up, I can't add many more guides to it. O.o
Have Trub edit Reply #1 into reply #3. Have someone delete Trub's reply #1. Jack is Reply #2, then will become reply #1. Then you have a second post available for info.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 03:00:39 AM by PWRBTTN »
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 05, 2016, 10:44:32 PM »
Have Trub edit Reply #1 into reply #3. Have seone delete Trub's reply #1. Jack is Reply #2, then will become reply #1. Then you have a second post available for info.
I really wish I would have remembered to make "Reserved" posts for just such an occasion. Didn't expect this much help/information on a guide. xD

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #139 on: July 05, 2016, 10:53:11 PM »
Have Trub edit Reply #1 into reply #3. Have seone delete Trub's reply #1. Jack is Reply #2, then will become reply #1. Then you have a second post available for info.
Done