Author Topic:  Dig Deep Aficionados!-Discussion & Guides  (Read 20316 times)

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
Re: Dig Deep Aficionados!-Discussion & Guides
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2015, 12:07:45 AM »
Fair enough. When TM is back up, I will post a pic.
Right on, sounds good! I look forward to seeing it, as do we all!

Rev Elevenclaw

• Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Rev Elevenclaw
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2015, 12:52:13 AM »
It's very simplified and it runs off of the lava ducts I already had in place in my map. So I have a pseudo legit way of justifying it's process.
Focus determines reality...

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2015, 04:01:31 AM »
It's very simplified and it runs off of the lava ducts I already had in place in my map. So I have a pseudo legit way of justifying it's process.

so you mean, natural lava ducts? Or just ones you had in place for a certain purpose?

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2015, 04:30:36 AM »
Ones that I made. The castle lava moat was the first thing on my map! And I ran lava for light and "thermal heating" all over my town. It was way before liquid physics so I had some issues when that hit. But i fixed it all up.  It also makes it so mobs only spawn out of town, which is cool. Anyway I just built it under one of the ducts that runs thru the mining co. Also the ducts are built with snow to maximize light. Good thing it can't melt! lol

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2015, 06:05:27 PM »
Ones that I made. The castle lava moat was the first thing on my map! And I ran lava for light and "thermal heating" all over my town. It was way before liquid physics so I had some issues when that hit. But i fixed it all up.  It also makes it so mobs only spawn out of town, which is cool. Anyway I just built it under one of the ducts that runs thru the mining co. Also the ducts are built with snow to maximize light. Good thing it can't melt! lol

That actually sounds really impressive, remind me to come take a look at this when the game is fixed. O:

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2015, 09:23:28 PM »
Will do.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
  • Awards Developer 5 years on site 4 years on site 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Day 1 w/25+ posts (4/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
    • Awards
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #81 on: December 20, 2015, 01:12:09 AM »
That actually sounds really impressive, remind me to come take a look at this when the game is fixed. O:
It's a really fun original rpg map. I recommend a visit. I'll be returning to my hostel room there once the game works again.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: December 20, 2015, 03:03:05 AM »
It's a really fun original rpg map. I recommend a visit. I'll be returning to my hostel room there once the game works again.
Oh it's an RPG map? Seems like there is more to it than our friend originally let on. I am even more interested in this map than before. I cannot wait till the game is fixed and I can join more than one persons map.

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: December 20, 2015, 04:00:53 AM »
Oh it's an RPG map? Seems like there is more to it than our friend originally let on. I am even more interested in this map than before. I cannot wait till the game is fixed and I can join more than one persons map.
Yeah I am hesitant to post too much about it, as I still have a lot to set up. But a person can certainly get the idea and do quite a bit.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: December 20, 2015, 04:14:08 AM »
Yeah I am hesitant to post too much about it, as I still have a lot to set up. But a person can certainly get the idea and do quite a bit.
Well as an RPG enthusiast, and a more curious outsider, I am reluctant and hesitant to ask for more details. However, I must ask: What else is there!? If Craig likes it then there is more to it than meets most builders eyes. :) Even a snippet or small detail is fine with me, feel free to share. That's the whole purpose of this topic. Sharing worlds, ideas, and tips for Dig Deep. However, only if you are willing to share. You obviously don't have to. :D

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2015, 04:33:44 AM »
It has a 5 lvl rank system, employment with chance for promotion, homes, 2 PvP zones(awesome 1 in hell) and a fully itemized/economized shop system. All built with skilling in mind. The entire map has zoning, and I have a few fun scripts in place. Like when someone dies it gets all black foggy and fire n brimstone rain down! It can kill the timid... But it is nothing compared to the hell hail! That's kinda an easter egg. I have been studying scripting while TM is down and have many new ideas in mind...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2015, 04:36:35 AM by Rev Elevenclaw »

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2015, 04:53:25 AM »
It has a 5 lvl rank system, employment with chance for promotion, homes, 2 PvP zones(awesome 1 in hell) and a fully itemized/economized shop system. All built with skilling in mind. The entire map has zoning, and I have a few fun scripts in place. Like when someone dies it gets all black foggy and fire n brimstone rain down! It can kill the timid... But it is nothing compared to the hell hail! That's kinda an easter egg. I have been studying scripting while TM is down and have many new ideas in mind...
Oh wow! That is a lot of content for a map! I hear ya there, I have been doing the same. Studying up on the scripting to further add to the depth of what I have thus far. I am quite proud of the Subway script I have that Zoidberg helped with on my modern DD map (Off topic lol). But I plan to do the same, get better at it and add things no one had imagined in the future.

Rev Elevenclaw

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: December 20, 2015, 04:58:31 AM »
TY and :)

Trubtavium Recordsmith VII

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
  • Awards Former MotM winners Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13) 5 years on site 4 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2016, 09:50:48 PM »
Super tip! Using the Custom menu, you can create a creative-esque style of accessing shops! What am I saying? I'm saying, you no longer need to carry shops! You can buy your materials from anywhere using the Custom menu!

Place down your block and item shops, write down their coordinates. Then create a Custom menu script that uses the "Open Block" script to open the shops when you click the menu! Saves up 2 inventory spaces, and/or a long walk!

Muffin

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: RawrMeMuffinMan
« Reply #89 on: January 09, 2016, 09:54:48 PM »
Super tip! Using the Custom menu, you can create a creative-esque style of accessing shops! What am I saying? I'm saying, you no longer need to carry shops! You can buy your materials from anywhere using the Custom menu!

Place down your block and item shops, write down their coordinates. Then create a Custom menu script that uses the "Open Block" script to open the shops when you click the menu! Saves up 2 inventory spaces, and/or a long walk!
Also would keep you from being bugged about not carrying shops below depth 200.

http://prntscr.com/dqrw9s
The Gold Knight [08|Dec 09:11 PM]: I'm sorry, but I speak English... A language that has coherent thoughts that can be understood.