Author Topic:  Dig Deep Aficionados!-Discussion & Guides  (Read 22473 times)

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dig Deep Aficionados!-Discussion & Guides
« Reply #60 on: June 02, 2015, 10:14:40 PM »
Suggestion: All these neat guides be added to the OP, so they can be easily accessible ;)

I'd still like to see them in the comment section, but it makes it easier to reference several of the mini-guides at once, when its all in one place.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: June 02, 2015, 10:19:31 PM »
Suggestion: All these neat guides be added to the OP, so they can be easily accessible ;)

I'd still like to see them in the comment section, but it makes it easier to reference several of the mini-guides at once, when its all in one place.

Oh that's been done, check the OP. I updated it a little while ago. I'll add the Gem Stone Guide after I finish it up. :) Hope you enjoy them, and that they serve their purpose.

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
  • Awards 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2015, 10:23:47 PM »
Oh that's been done, check the OP. I updated it a little while ago. I'll add the Gem Stone Guide after I finish it up. :) Hope you enjoy them, and that they serve their purpose.

I noticed that the processing guides weren't there. That's why I mentioned it.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 4 years on site 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2015, 10:26:20 PM »
I added the useful ones, like the Titanium Arrow, Water to Ice, I could add the three others if need be? I figured most folks would want the better versions instead. But they can be added as well.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: June 04, 2015, 04:51:11 PM »
OP updated with Gem Stone and Ingot Smelting Guide.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2015, 02:55:02 PM »
Sorry for lack of updates lately, let me know if there are any other guides or ideas I may add to the Original Post. :)

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2015, 11:54:27 PM »
Found out this: It's TOTALLY worth it to chisel those blocks down to polished bricks. I'd recommend doing it if you bring back stacks of blocks with you after a long mining session.

Jason✪

• I enjoy most forms of work
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: EpIc x MiNeR Z
« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2015, 11:06:57 AM »
This is...THE MOST detailed guide, i have ever read. Noice job!!!
 ^-^
:D

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2015, 04:39:26 PM »
I'm glad you like it! I hope it helps out if you play DD. Lot's of folks, and myself, pride ourselves on making this guide. /sage

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
  • Awards Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site 3 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: dryym
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2015, 07:37:54 PM »
I've been using this tip for a long time in MC, And Lady Lobo said i should post it.

When you're in a cave, Or digging tunnels, Place torches mainly on the right side, Or on the floor.

Using this method, Torches on the right mean you are going deeper into explored territory, And torches on the left mean you are going back the way you came.

This makes it almost impossible to get lost in caves, Or tunnels, Just follow the yellow brick road torches on the left.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2015, 08:31:32 PM »
I've been using this tip for a long time in MC, And Lady Lobo said i should post it.

When you're in a cave, Or digging tunnels, Place torches mainly on the right side, Or on the floor.

Using this method, Torches on the right mean you are going deeper into explored territory, And torches on the left mean you are going back the way you came.

This makes it almost impossible to get lost in caves, Or tunnels, Just follow the yellow brick road torches on the left.

Thanks Dryym! That's actually a good tip. :D

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: December 17, 2015, 04:57:44 PM »
Now many of you know this from the other games, and some of you don't.

This is a really easy setup for the farm, if playing on dig deep you these resources:

-at least 25-75 junk non burning blocks
-a bucket
-Lava source
-Water Source

The Setup
X=Block
#=water source
%=Lava Source
0=AIR
===========================

Bottom layer:
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
X
0XXXX
X
0XXXX
X
000XX
XXXXXX

Middle layer
XXXXXX
X
000#X
X
0XX0X
X
00X0X
X
0000X
XXXXXX

Top Layer:
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
XXXXXX
XX%XXX
XXXXXX
XXXXXX

=======================
Now before you place your liquids, place the water FIRST and then the lava LAST, otherwise a big mess will be induced.

The greatness of this simple Cobblestone farm is that:

You get more blocks to build with
You can sell the blocks for more $$$
Your mining skill goes up.
Easily Renewable
Small

But what if you don't have the bucket blue print yet?

Well what you can do is while underground, find a water spring and filter it into the farm area as shown above, and find a lava pool and tunnle it into the top hole in the generator, and BAM! A farm without a bucket!

What you guys think?

I still say, to this day, this is a brilliant method to farm cobblestone. It turns it into a streamlined, and consistent, method of attaining infinite amount of cobblestone for free. Without the hassle of digging large mines out of your land, or buying bulk amounts. you save money, and you get building materials easily as well as money if you do not need the blocks right away.

Rev Elevenclaw

• Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Rev Elevenclaw
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2015, 08:17:32 AM »
I made a "cobblestone factory", very similar to this. I wondered if it is considered cheating. I really haven't used it much, as I intend it for others to use if they gain access thru mining jobs. And it is a real pick chomper. I recommend nothing higher than a steel pick.
Focus determines reality...

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2015, 03:08:39 PM »
I made a "cobblestone factory", very similar to this. I wondered if it is considered cheating. I really haven't used it much, as I intend it for others to use if they gain access thru mining jobs. And it is a real pick chomper. I recommend nothing higher than a steel pick.

Not at all! As a matter of fact, I believe if it was a cheat or exploit...Craig would have taken it out a while back. :D It's just a really ingenious method to farm some cobblestone for easier use. Although, feel free to show a design of the one you made if you'd like! Everyone is always looking for new ways to help Dig Deep players with their maps.

Rev Elevenclaw

• Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Rev Elevenclaw
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2015, 07:06:04 PM »
Fair enough. When TM is back up, I will post a pic.
Focus determines reality...