Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Blueprint Change  (Read 768 times)

As many W's as possible

• Supreme Member
  • Do you wanna see the Galaxy?
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Trubstep Record
  • Steam: Trubstep_Record
Blueprint Change
« on: February 01, 2015, 11:00:24 PM »
After having a chat with Jeff McNewmen, I learned a little thing. Once you get the Script Block blueprint in Dig Deep, it is pretty smooth sailing to find every other blueprint. With this little thought in mind, I got a new idea.

How about you make the Script Block blueprint the final blueprint (the one at the bedrock tower) instead of the Grenade Launcher.

With this idea implemented, people would not be as likely to use teleporting and moving blocks to get their other blueprints. Making the Script Block the blueprint found at bedrock would ensure that people would need to put in an effort to gather the equipment for mining and finding other blueprints rather than rushing to them.

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
Re: Blueprint Change
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2015, 11:15:56 PM »
After having a chat with Jeff McNewmen, I learned a little thing. Once you get the Script Block blueprint in Dig Deep, it is pretty smooth sailing to find every other blueprint. With this little thought in mind, I got a new idea.

How about you make the Script Block blueprint the final blueprint (the one at the bedrock tower) instead of the Grenade Launcher.

With this idea implemented, people would not be as likely to use teleporting and moving blocks to get their other blueprints. Making the Script Block the blueprint found at bedrock would ensure that people would need to put in an effort to gather the equipment for mining and finding other blueprints rather than rushing to them.
You can't use scripts untill you reached bedrock.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

As many W's as possible

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2015, 11:20:19 PM »

I'm not too sure if that was in a post 2.0 update, but I recall using move region scripts to dig through the Rhyolite layer to bedrock on my map.

Muffin

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: RawrMeMuffinMan
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2015, 12:05:51 AM »
Even after you have all the needed blueprints, and you have reached bedrock, there should still be that extra bit of time wasting for the ones you haven't gotten on your 1st run to bedrock. I think you shouldn't be able to use scripts until ALL blueprints have been found.

http://prntscr.com/dqrw9s
The Gold Knight [08|Dec 09:11 PM]: I'm sorry, but I speak English... A language that has coherent thoughts that can be understood.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2015, 12:26:06 AM »
Not exactly, but practically. You don't need to prospect Bedrock, but 99 times out of 100 the Script Block Blueprint will be located in the bottom lava level, so practically you must reach bedrock before using scripts.

As many W's as possible

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2015, 01:05:53 AM »
Even after you have all the needed blueprints, and you have reached bedrock, there should still be that extra bit of time wasting for the ones you haven't gotten on your 1st run to bedrock. I think you shouldn't be able to use scripts until ALL blueprints have been found.

I wouldn't say that extensive. Seeing as how you need the most useful blueprints to reach bedrock to begin with. The other ones are more for detail and neatness in your map.

Not exactly, but practically. You don't need to prospect Bedrock, but 99 times out of 100 the Script Block Blueprint will be located in the bottom lava level, so practically you must reach bedrock before using scripts.

I must've been that lucky 1% then. I recall Atlas and I setting up some mob scripts and move region things very early into my Dig Deep map. Pretty sure we had that script before finding the Ruby or Diamond pickaxe as well.

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 01:32:04 AM »
I must've been that lucky 1% then. I recall Atlas and I setting up some mob scripts and move region things very early into my Dig Deep map. Pretty sure we had that script before finding the Ruby or Diamond pickaxe as well.
Depends what version you created the world. The change to the blueprint was made in 2.02. So if you created the world on an earlier version, chances are the blueprint was much closer to the surface.

As many W's as possible

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2015, 01:38:43 AM »
Depends what version you created the world. The change to the blueprint was made in 2.02. So if you created the world on an earlier version, chances are the blueprint was much closer to the surface.

That explains it then. The map was made when the 2.0 multiplayer bug was fixed. As long as the blueprint is still somewhat of an "end game" blueprint and is located that far down, I'm satisfied. Thanks Craig.