Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic: [WIP] Tarquinii Dead Zone  (Read 832 times)

cY Agent 115

• Death to trolls on the forums
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: cY Agent 115
  • Steam: cY Agent 115
Tarquinii Dead Zone
« on: January 24, 2015, 07:16:19 PM »
Hi guys,
In my past worlds (for those who played on my deathmatch servers) will know that most of my game engine is based on MMO's where you create a kingdom and build buildings to generate resources and make you eventually rich depending on the quality of your buildings and structures. I also added some kingdom VS kingdom schematics to eventually destroy your enemy and/or take over their kingdom (plot of land).

before I talk about the story and map in general I would like to explain the different aspects this new has compared to my normal MMO base maps.

In this new map, I have taken out the kingdoms as only a select few people can own one, which is potentially unfair to the other players of the game, and added a full map exploration/MMORPG aspect to make the game feel more real and fair. I have added new mini ideas that make the game more of a survival game than a GET RICH AND GET OP kind of map. I will come onto them different systems later. for now though..... the story:

the year is 935AD, and the kingdom of Latium is under threat by a constant battle again their barbaric foes... the Germanian Horde. every 5 years they come and attack Latium to the brink of existence, tearing each town and city down until only black smoke stacks remain. The Latium capital, Tarquinii stands as the only city to withhold a barbarian siege and has always has been the city to tower over Latium and all its lands. Latium always wins the invasions.... After the attacks, Latium rebuilds. It moves survivors to its devastated ruins that were once towns, and they rebuild back to its former glory.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this time, the invasion relies on outnumbering the people of Latium in an attempt to take over the known world. the tribes of the south have joined together to join the feud and eradicate Tarquinii and its supply cities. as the Templar knights of saint Integra, the main army of Tarquinii holds its own against the barbarian horde as usual driving them back to the south border. after weeks of zero activity a vast horde of combined tribes (Orcs, Goblins, Dryads and Zombies) head north the southern city of sentinel, which is easily diminished and destroyed by the invaders. you are no one special, just a guy/girl wanting to survive this invasion.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that's the story so far....

THE NEW IDEAS AND MINI ECOMOMIES

I have come up with a new way to make scavenging a lot more worthwhile and a lot more interesting for PVP'ers. the idea is that making a system where you have to scavenge mysterious keys to open boxes that give you special items. in simple terms, if you scavenge a key from a nearby mine, depending on the level of the key (ill go onto that shortly) you can open a certain level box, this can be any of the certain type of items you are looking for I.E. weapons, armor, etc.

the different keys you scavenge will mean the specific level you have acquired. I will explain them now:

level 1 key: nature
level 2 key: stone
level 3 key: iron
level 4 key: gold

each level indicates the quality of the items inside. the higher the level high key, there more valuable it is (not to the shop). a player economy of keys may start here (at least that's what I'm hoping :s) making level 3 keys a kind of trade material instead of being used instantly on a box. the boxes aren't always in your favour, as the boxes are random and can hold any 4 items of a certain tier (level 4 being the highest tier). there is also a LUCKY DIP box that you can buy with gold pieces but hold mediocre tiered items.

they are mostly found in abandoned crates in the middle of nowhere or mines in the mountains. some can even be found in the city, but they are of the lowest quality.

GUILDS
--------------------

Every map need a guild or 2, so I added different guilds that you can join for bounty money for jobs like clearing a mine or killing someone important.

these are the guilds you can join are here :)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Vipers Fighter's Guild:

how to join: ask
job: complete bounties across the map to earn money
promotions:
(I DONT KNOW WHETHER TO ADD THESE OR NOT: FEEDBACK PLZ)
number of jobs completed/rank name

0 : Rookie
2 : Apprentice
4 : Journeyman
6 : Swordsman
8 : Protector
10 : Defender
12 : Warden
15 : Guardian
20 : Champion

rules for the vipers fighters guild:

1. Do not be involved with another guild apart from rivalry
2. Do not kill other members of the guild.
3. Do not die on missions.
4. do not have more than one contract open at once.

Breaking the rules means a demotion/kick from the guild.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The House of Brutii Fighters Guild:

how to join: ask

Promotions:
(I DONT KNOW WHETHER TO ADD THESE OR NOT: FEEDBACK PLZ)
number of jobs completed/rank name

0 : Initiate
2 : Brawler
4 : Bloodletter
6 : Warrior
8 : Gladiator
10 : Hero
12 : Champion
15 : grand champion
20 : Kensai

Rules for The House of Brutii Fighters Guild:

1. Do not be involved with another guild apart from rivalry
2. Do not kill other members of the guild.
3. Do not die on missions.
4. do not have more than one contract open at once.

Breaking the rules means a demotion/kick from the guild.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there is also a secret guild that ill let you guys know about:

The Brotherhood of Vulcan:

how to join: kill 10 in game players (different players)

* you will get a message (xbox live message) stating that you are a cold killer but you have talent. then you will be asked to join the brotherhood by meeting a guy in an undisclosed location *

job: kill online players that have bounties on their heads for money

Ranks:

0 : Initiate
2 : Cutthroat
4 : Murderer
6 : Slayer
8 : Eliminator
10 : Assassin
12 : Silencer
15 : Speaker
20 : Listener

rules for The Brotherhood of Vulcan:

1. never dishonour the Dread Father. To do this is to invoke the wrath of Vulcan.
2. never betray the Brotherhood of Vulcan or its secrets. To do this is to invoke the wrath of Vulcan.
3. Never kill a dark sister or dark brother. To do this is to invoke the wrath of Vulcan.
4. Never steal from a dark sister or dark brother. To do this is to invoke the wrath of Vulcan.

breaking these rules would mean a demotion or kick from the brotherhood
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay, to finish up my new map and map ideas, I just wanted ask you guys whether any of this (apart from the story, I know its crappy) needs to be re-thought.

if any of you want more in this, like houses or VIP kind of status like buying a business then comment your view...

have I missed anything? do you want more in this map? let me know :)

thanks....
EDIT!
Just in case this goes all the way to the top of the noticeboard, I'm gonna use some ideas from this old map of mine to build in a world on PC.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 05:45:47 PM by cY Agent 115 »

cY Agent 115

• View Profile
Re: Tarquinii Dead Zone
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 07:18:26 PM »
PS. only reply to this post if you are actually interested in its content. do not just reply "its good" because that would make you a post farmer..... I hate post farmers... - _ -

thanks...

Pringle

• Legendary Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: pringle2009
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2015, 07:37:32 PM »
*Uses ideas and doesn't give credit :)
https://m.

Jared

• Supreme Member
  • |Trivia & Maze Designer| |Previous TMF Tester|
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Jeff McNewmen
  • PSN: Jeff_McNewmen
  • Steam: Jeff McNewmen
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2015, 10:23:56 PM »
PS. only reply to this post if you are actually interested in its content. do not just reply "its good" because that would make you a post farmer..... I hate post farmers... - _ -

thanks...
You should of stated this in your OP because isn't this making you a "post farmer?" Make sure you practice what you preach ;)

Muffin

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: RawrMeMuffinMan
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 01:49:41 AM »
Well there is no real nice way to say this, but your op looks horrifying...
I would recommend using some spoilers to make it less of a wall, and use some colors to make it more appealing to the eye. Also making sure every sentence starts off capitalized does wonders for the reading eye.

As for the map, I have read it twice now, and still don't know the status of the map. Is it even started yet, is this post you just getting all your ideas down before you start building? How long are you planning it will take? Things like those should be explained through your post.

http://prntscr.com/dqrw9s
The Gold Knight [08|Dec 09:11 PM]: I'm sorry, but I speak English... A language that has coherent thoughts that can be understood.

cY Agent 115

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2015, 10:52:17 AM »
well no, its in progress/construction :)

Jesse

• Extreme Member
  • Retired TM Youtuber (2013-2019)
    • View Profile
    • Old Channel
  • Xbox: YT Mysterio
  • PSN: YT_Mysterio
  • Steam: YT Mysterio
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2015, 03:15:40 PM »
maybe some pictures? if you want i can take a few.

/mm Thanks GK for Sig /mm
/mm MotM September '14 /mm
/mm Robo February '15 /mm
/mm 4th Demi Gods December '16 /mm
/mm YouTube: Mythical Monkey /mm

Jeff

• Elite Member
  • pvp clans
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Oshkosh
  • Steam: Green_Bay
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2015, 05:08:39 PM »
Will there be a special key allowing players are able to get anything level of gear out of that crate/chest, so it's like a gambling key?