Author Topic: [Skills] Obvious modders on TM  (Read 8344 times)

Zone

• Elite Member
  • Total Miner Youtuber
  • Awards 2 years on site 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: IGs x Zone
[Skills] Re: Obvious modders on TM
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2015, 09:37:26 AM »
40% of Total Miner players have modded Skills 40% Grind there skills 20% Did there skills the legit way, Seems to me that the Global skills were pointless as it just makes people want to mod or cheat somehow.
Spoiler for Hidden Content:
Your getting close
So close
Come on you can do it!
Can you feel the burn??
Your on fire!
Cold
Hot
HOT!!
Hi :D

Clerical

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Pixel Artist And Tester
  • Awards Awarded for extraordinary testing services to our game. Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Unique Content Contributors 3 years on site 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: TM Clerical
Re: Obvious modders on TM
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2015, 10:08:20 AM »
40% of Total Miner players have modded Skills 40% Grind there skills 20% Did there skills the legit way, Seems to me that the Global skills were pointless as it just makes people want to mod or cheat somehow.
Most plays do not know how to mod, However those who Grings or do it the "Legit" way, did so for a reason, if its something that gives players a goal i think it was totaly worth putting it in, and i find playing with skills on changes the game completely fromt eh first time we all played TM.

Pixel artist, Map Creator, TotalMiner Tester

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
    • Awards
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2015, 12:11:34 PM »
Well if there were modders, you'd know for sure if there was no level cap. Bunch of level 99999999999999999999's running around saying, "Oh, this is all legit BRUH!"
Probably not quite that high. The maximum value of an int32 is 2,147,483,647, and int16's go up to only 32,767. But still, that'd be ridiculous.
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

XBLToothPik

• Modder
  • Awards Top contributors to the forum downloads.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2015, 01:39:52 PM »
Modding can't be stopped, only slowed down.  Someone will figure it out eventually if they have the ambition.  Plus....creating mods for an 360 Indie Games is extremely easy as long as you know c#.  Sorry, Craig.

EDIT: I would suggesting creating some type of encryption against the data or encoding it in some way, along with the existing tampering check at the end of files.  Also, I no longer plan to do anymore editing of this type for TMF since the PC version has been greenlit, leaving 360 version alone.  (Only doing supported PC mods once released)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 01:46:27 PM by XBLToothPik »

Zone

• Elite Member
  • Total Miner Youtuber
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
  • Xbox: IGs x Zone
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2015, 09:07:00 PM »
Most plays do not know how to mod, However those who Grings or do it the "Legit" way, did so for a reason, if its something that gives players a goal i think it was totaly worth putting it in, and i find playing with skills on changes the game completely fromt eh first time we all played TM.

I'm not sure about " Most players do not know how to mod " If you look around Youtube and seen some of the views and Rpy to these modded TM Videos you would see that there is a good few players on TM that mod even if it's not modding your high score or your skills there is still modding items into non creative worlds or modding there unlockables. To me I don't find it legit to sit in one place and hold down the button to attack something for 1hr then gain XP unlike when your in Dig Deep you have to run around and gain items and no afk skilling, Before the Skill update there were a lot more Dig Deep worlds.. Now there is pretty much none due to skilling/Team Deathmatch worlds. Idk to me it's not legit as players should be moving around not standing in one place the hole time.  :-X
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 09:09:53 PM by Zone »
Your getting close
So close
Come on you can do it!
Can you feel the burn??
Your on fire!
Cold
Hot
HOT!!
Hi :D

MrMarooca

• Modder
  • C# 4 lyfe
  • Awards Awarded to exemplary forum members 2 years on site Site art contributions/TPs in-game/Contest winners 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • YouTube - MrMarooca
    • Awards
  • Xbox: MrMarooca
  • Steam: TheWhitestBoyYouKnow
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2015, 11:02:59 PM »
I like and dislike modding. If you're modding singleplayer maps/unlockables just to screw around by yourself, that's fine (in my opinion). I like to just poke around in files and test out the security of games. If you're modding skills though, that's pretty crappy. In fact, if you mod anything that goes on a scoreboard that's crappy. But people need to learn that modding is not necessarily a bad thing. Sometimes it can bring huge bugs/security issues to the developer's attention.

Good modding = doing it for fun/research/knowledge.
Bad modding = doing it to show off, top the leaderboards, or make people mad.

Of course this is all just my opinion, however.
You want me to give a timeframe? haha I'd have more luck predicting the end of the world.

Steve

• Elite Member
  • Awards Unique Content Contributors Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site Month 1 members w/25+posts (4/21/13-5/12/13)
    • View Profile
    • Total Miner Forums
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Derfen Steve
  • Steam: Derfen Steve
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2015, 12:16:00 PM »
Modding can't be stopped, only slowed down.  Someone will figure it out eventually if they have the ambition.  Plus....creating mods for an 360 Indie Games is extremely easy as long as you know c#.  Sorry, Craig.

EDIT: I would suggesting creating some type of encryption against the data or encoding it in some way, along with the existing tampering check at the end of files.  Also, I no longer plan to do anymore editing of this type for TMF since the PC version has been greenlit, leaving 360 version alone.  (Only doing supported PC mods once released)

Hi

DiamondBack662

• Legendary Member
  • Pauperes commilitones Christi Templique Solomonici
  • Awards 1 year on site
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: DiamondBack662
  • Steam: DiamondBack662
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2015, 09:33:26 PM »
Hex editing a save file will modify certain values... it's not technical, difficult or very clever really... Once someone figures out a few placeholders via trial and error they pass it on to others via youtube and other means. A few simple ciphers used by the game code before saving to the data file will generally put a stop to hex modding and simple alterations such as these go away. TM has never had any alterations done to it via any other means. Anyone saying otherwise is lying.

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
  • Awards 2 years on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 1 year on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13) Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Agykoo
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2015, 02:06:06 AM »

and 80% of stats are made up on the spot. your gona have to give some evidence to support your statements.
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

Muffin

• Elite Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: RawrMeMuffinMan
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2015, 01:28:06 PM »
40% have modded skills is really extreme... Usually on a world of 16 people there may be one or two that has modded skills. That's just what I saw when I was on for a bit a few days ago though.

http://prntscr.com/dqrw9s
The Gold Knight [08|Dec 09:11 PM]: I'm sorry, but I speak English... A language that has coherent thoughts that can be understood.

Jack Of Shades

• Supreme Member
  • ☽♕۞♕☾
  • Awards 3 years on site Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 2 years on site Members who have unlocked the robotic avatar 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15 Former MotM winners
    • View Profile
    • Jack Of Shades Youtube Gaming Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2015, 04:21:24 PM »
Just look at the Leaderboards. Shows you all of the high level players. There isn't TOO many. I believe SOME players mod, yes. But not many, most agree it's fun to skill grind, level without "trying", etc. Some enjoy skills, some don't, some grind, some don't. Either way, it's not enough to really be bothered with.

Relax MLG

• Been TM player since 2012
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: Relax MLG
  • Steam: Relax MLG
« Reply #41 on: February 20, 2015, 02:10:36 AM »
Since I Mod a Lot Of Games Even My Profile I Have Never Seen a Save Editor Like Total Miner It's Weird
Plus Who Wants To Mod Total Miner That Makes It No Fun.
I love to code!

Sexy Hippo

• Sexiest Hippo on the Forums!
  • Awards 1 year on site Week 1 members w/25+ posts (4/13/13-4/20/13)
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
    • Awards
  • Xbox: xLOLxTSNOOPS
  • Steam: xLOLxTSNOOPS
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2015, 08:30:50 PM »
Since I Mod a Lot Of Games Even My Profile I Have Never Seen a Save Editor Like Total Miner It's Weird
Plus Who Wants To Mod Total Miner That Makes It No Fun.

Off topic a bit: First off, you don't know how difficult it was for me to read your reply because of the capitalization of the first letter of every word.

Back on topic: I'm torn about how I should feel about modders in TM, I haven't had my own chance to play around with TM and mods. But I assume it's like modding was before, just hex editing? I hope not. I don't care for the cheating, but I'm glad to see people trying to make their own fun and own ways to manipulate things. That's if they didn't use a tool or tutorial to do it, if they did then that's a whole different story.
"To all who walk the dark path and to those who walk in the sunshine but hold out a hand in the darkness to travel beside us. Brighter days are coming."

gate keeper2001

• Life is a game play it.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Xbox: gate keeper2001
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2015, 09:43:03 PM »
I have seen lvl 99 looting a lot and most of them have their exp in 10s of millions.

TM Charles

• Supreme Member
  • Awards Donated a giveaway prize. (Must be a prize of cash value.) 3 years on site 2 years on site 1 year on site Was in the top 10 of the forum stats page as of 4/12/15
    • View Profile
    • ::)
    • Awards
  • Xbox: ETTP & Mr Zincy
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2015, 09:48:36 PM »
I have seen lvl 99 looting a lot and most of them have their exp in 10s of millions.
this was due to a glitch back the I am not going to lie I have 500,000,000 xp 4 it