Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Bump Stock  (Read 331 times)

Dryym

• Supreme Member
  • What's yours is mine. ~TM's Resident Master Thief~
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: dryym
Re: Bump Stock
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2017, 04:39:38 PM »
Didn't really think it got political tbh.

Also, Nefty, That comment was aimed towards the people who do get too sensitive about regulation. Not you.

Creator of the term "Deathmine "
Jared [19|Oct 07:12 PM]: "It changes everything" Dryym

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2017, 12:57:24 AM »
Didn't really think it got political tbh.

Also, Nefty, That comment was aimed towards the people who do get too sensitive about regulation. Not you.
Gun control, unfortunately, is a political topic. I mean there are some regulations, like net neutrality or having to have a drivers license to drive, that are pretty much universal. But most come down to the right wants a smaller government and the left wants a bigger one.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas

Not Actually Atlas

• Extreme Member
  • Atlas Telamon
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: atlh3
  • Steam: The_Green_Condom
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2017, 05:45:30 AM »
Honestly, I don't see why it shouldn't be banned. Any modifications that make the gun more dangerous should. Extended mags, bump stocks, fookin lazersights... Okay maybe not that last one. But honestly I don't know why anyone would need an AR for any purpose other than murder. Using them for hunting will most likely tear up the animal and using it for home defense is overkill and will probably do massive damage to your property.

Here Are 7 Animals Hunters Kill Using an AR-15
Why You Should Use an AR-15 as a Deer Rifle
12 reasons I hunt with an AR-15 (and you should too)

The AR for Home Defense: One Expert's Opinion
AR-15 Used In Oklahoma Home Defense; Same Rifle 4th Circuit Court Says Americans Should Not Have

But yes, all I use my AR-15 for is murder.
I guess since it is actually in the adult section I'll add my two cents in, then. I actually didn't know that AR-15's are good for hunting. I guess I'll have to do some more research into the weapon. But my problems with assault rifles in general are that they are good at dealing alot of death rather quickly and they are pretty easy to get your hands on. Shooting guns is a fun past time for many Americans. I understand that. When I get my own place and can afford it, I am most likely going to end up getting a shotgun for home defense.

But unlike most past times, guns can be very dangerous if in the wrong hands. They shouldn't be illegal, but I wholeheartedly believe that there should be regulations on who can have them, how many you can have, the kind of weapons you can have, and how you can modify them. Weapons with high magazine capacity and the ability for easy modifications are something that I don't believe should be available to the average consumer. Because although I am sure 99% of gun owners are responsible, there are always going to be angry or dumb people who use them to intentionally or unintentionally hurt themselves in others.

There is a reason why cars require so many features to be street legal. And although the agency is flawed, the regulations have led to many jobs for the American public in the form of the DMV. I've always been a proponent of the idea that if you make people learn how to use firearms effectively before you let them go around collecting an arsenal, you could provide alot of government jobs, as well as help the firing range industry and help current businesses and maybe lead to more around the US. But that's just my opinion.

The thing that really upset me about your links was the second one, though. It really shows how f'd up our legal system is when a woman who is a getaway driver for a home invasion faces first degree murder charges because her accomplices were shot and killed.

Miner of the Month for January 2014
But you can call me the salaminizer!
#BanAtlas