Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  Terraria  (Read 28323 times)

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
  • Spring time DOOM BEE! getting ma flower on ^_^!
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: Agykoo
Re: Terraria
« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2013, 03:19:46 PM »
I did the bridge tactic. That is the best way to do it in my opinion. At least it is on the console.

yea my current plan is bridge with metrior armor and reforged space gun, then giggle my way to victory ^_^
My point has finally been made ^_^ (viva la Agy!)

anywho

Under construction ^_^! (probably something spring/Doom Bee related XD) ^_^

Wezusjolf

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 23, 2013, 07:44:31 PM »
I did the bridge tactic. That is the best way to do it in my opinion. At least it is on the console.
It works well but if you don't plan on repeated runs just use a water walking potion or two and make sure you can get around the generated towers, although a bridge can be useful for underworld farming for demon scythes and stuff, but if you just wanna do the "one and done" thing, just use a potion since there is no need to build a bridge if you don't plan on using it again.
People don't like me because I'm different. Well if I'm different, then they're different from me... I don't like them.

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
  • The Demi-God giving Cold Sore King
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
  • Xbox: YoungSykotic182
  • Steam: YoungSykotic182
« Reply #112 on: October 23, 2013, 08:11:59 PM »
It works well but if you don't plan on repeated runs just use a water walking potion or two and make sure you can get around the generated towers, although a bridge can be useful for underworld farming for demon scythes and stuff, but if you just wanna do the "one and done" thing, just use a potion since there is no need to build a bridge if you don't plan on using it again.
Using a potion doesn't help you fight it. Building a bridge will allow you to keep a constant level with it and easily perform repeated attacks to kill it very quickly. With a potion you will have trouble getting back up to hit its weak point, at least much more trouble than it would be if you were walking on a bridge anyway.

Building a bridge doesn't take long anyway, and repeated runs are definitely worth it for the extra coin and items. Plus, the thing is really fun to kill. ^-^

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2013, 11:42:38 AM »
played a little yesterday, maped out the entire right half of hell, found 2 shadow chests (knwo where oen more is), got soem neat things but nothign really useful, would have been nice to have this stuff ebfore i had to go into the dungion to get the key to open them in the first place.

remind me if i ever make a video game (not gona happen), that i dont make it so that you have to go into a higher lv area to get a key/item, you need to get gear for a lower lv area >.>

any who i was suprised that maybe about half way threw maping the rigth side there was no more hell buildings, was creepy seeing it so empty. found an entrance to the undergroudn jungle, then hit the end of the map, end of the map was creepyt becuse it just kept spawning random mobs form hell/skellys/ undergroudn jungle XD!!

anywho maybe i can get more doen today, tho i am sick so it may be very slow going. o i also got mushroom biom seeds so i can start that farm ^_^!!!

anywho

Wezusjolf

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2013, 12:18:01 AM »
Using a potion doesn't help you fight it. Building a bridge will allow you to keep a constant level with it and easily perform repeated attacks to kill it very quickly. With a potion you will have trouble getting back up to hit its weak point, at least much more trouble than it would be if you were walking on a bridge anyway.

Building a bridge doesn't take long anyway, and repeated runs are definitely worth it for the extra coin and items. Plus, the thing is really fun to kill. ^-^
The potion lets you navigate the underworld nice and easily without getting incinerated by lava, and most players (that I've interacted with) use weapons that are more towards the ranged side of things to fight the WoF because of it's contact damage and such, so you don't necessarily need to be on the same elevation, and you get more money from killing enemies at night after you get into hard mode than by any coin drops or selling any item drops, and the only thing you really need from it is the Pwnhammer, so after that you can just break demon (or flesh on PC on some worlds) alters to get hard mode ores. So in the end it is personal choice if someone wants to do repeat runs, but a water walking potion is for a quicky, since it isn't difficult to kill or stay ahead of even without a bridge. But yes, a bridge is in general more beneficial than using a couple of the wildly abundant water walking potions, because you can just run backwards and not have to ever jump or grapple, but both are easy ways to beat it.

Edit: I decided to fight all the mechanical bosses at once (I was out of Lihzahrd cells and I couldn't find another Plantera Bulb) and it was pretty easy, I'm hoping to find some more Golem and Plantera summoners soon so I can fight all 5 Hard Mode bosses, but here are some pics.
Spoiler for Hidden Content:

Edit: Terraria 1.2.1 (Halloween update) was released on the PC and lasts until November 10th, so get your fill if you're on PC, because from what I've been able to gather, it adds a more items (including costumes) and another Hard Mode Event, so it looks like it's time to get my grind on >:D
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 01:40:36 AM by Wezusjolf »
People don't like me because I'm different. Well if I'm different, then they're different from me... I don't like them.

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 27, 2013, 02:58:41 AM »
halloween update is cool, got soem neat goodies bags with a bunch of vanity outfits, lol at the creeper one, love cross game reficnes.
sad news in case no one knew it, if you die with goodies bags in your invo you lose them, iits bull**** but now you know.

crazy things i have done, since last report,

finished dungion, not impressed with the loot.

got all 6 shadow chests in the underworld/hell. insanly unimpressed by it, the gear in them is not as good as dungion gear, but you need dungion gear to get the key for them......derp

spent hours going threw the undergroudn jungle, found a lava ward fianly, not sure why tho i dont need it or the lava warder boots XD!!!
on the plus side i found a single shrine, and in it the item i needed to make the uber cool lighting boots ^_^, bascikly there normal run speed is the same as the spector boots full run ^_^, its crazy fast ^_^ there awsome ^_^, mats for them are redicukles tho XD
was pissed to found out the shrines no longer look liek what they do on the wiki, instead there just wood shrines now, so its near impossable to find them arpart form reg chests now with a potion.

got the bridge done for hell wall of flesh fight. am concred its at a funny hight, and gona make the fight a pain, only one way to find out XD

all basick farms are done ^_^, made a huge glowwing mushroom farm ^_^
right under it a huge coruption farm, took tons of precations tho, made sure it was sealed in a 3 layer brick all around casing so it doeisnt spread come hard mode.

runnign into an odd problem tho. bascikly it thinks the curption section i have is glwoing musroom farm. so i see it in the background, so i had to add toooooons of emberstone, now it only thinks its curption if i am next to it, but in it it thinks its glwoing mushroom, and i can not get curption enemys to spawn, but i do get mushroioms and deathweed.

order still if i remove the bottom layer of glosing mushroom, but add in a replkacment above, it now thinks the glewoing mushroom is a curption biom, i cant win XD!!!

um not sure if i want to make a jungle one, but i could, not sure tho that theres a point. and if i dig down any fruither things are gettign ugly with flooding XD, i shoudl get the stuff ot make a dessert one tho. since i am reading things get ugly with cruption hollow spread come hard mode. liek littrly taking over the underground jungle and map ugly.

the only major thing i need to do now is finish the fort, got one lv to finish off then the top. then its fort awesome all the way ^_^

and then hsard mode! ^_^!!!!!

o also i need to finish finding the floating islands, i foudn 2 so far, theres 3 more to grab loot form. ^_^

anywho

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
« Reply #116 on: October 27, 2013, 04:16:34 AM »
Da Agy post!
Yeah when you reach hard mode the world will cut through areas in an X and V pattern and either make them hallow or corrupt. These areas slowly spread throughout the rest of the world.

If you want you can influence whether or not your world becomes mostly hallow or corrupt.

Also remember to separate your house from the floor too if you don't want it to become corrupt or hallow. dig around at least 4 blocks I believe it is.

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 27, 2013, 05:44:32 AM »
Yeah when you reach hard mode the world will cut through areas in an X and V pattern and either make them hallow or corrupt. These areas slowly spread throughout the rest of the world.

If you want you can influence whether or not your world becomes mostly hallow or corrupt.

Also remember to separate your house from the floor too if you don't want it to become corrupt or hallow. dig around at least 4 blocks I believe it is.

yea gona get intresting fast XD.

crud my um whole fort is basickly not only on the ground, but built into it. but i used grey bricks not stone. so will it be safe?

i take it i still need to dig out trhcnes and stuff tho?

anywho

YoungSykotic182

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
    • @YoungSykotic182
« Reply #118 on: October 27, 2013, 01:23:38 PM »
yea gona get intresting fast XD.

crud my um whole fort is basickly not only on the ground, but built into it. but i used grey bricks not stone. so will it be safe?

i take it i still need to dig out trhcnes and stuff tho?
I'm pretty sure bricks are immune. So as long as your walls are 4 blocks thick around it you should be fine. I would go 5 just to be safe though.

Agykoo

• Extreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 27, 2013, 05:57:45 PM »
I'm pretty sure bricks are immune. So as long as your walls are 4 blocks thick around it you should be fine. I would go 5 just to be safe though.

ugh, my whoel fort uses a single block wall feture......would have to tear down whole thign and build again. not gon ahappen mainly becuse it mean si woul need to move chests and there so loaded with itmes  it would take days to move them around.

my artifucial coruption has only a 3 brick wide wall on all 4 sides. thats gona be fun too. i think i am gona wing it XD!!!!

anywho