Create a free account to remove all ad content.

Author Topic:  No Man's Sky  (Read 12137 times)

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
Re: No Man's Sky
« Reply #130 on: September 19, 2016, 06:02:11 AM »
I don't know if anyone has noticed in No Mans Sky, Hello Games has copied Bungie's Destiny user interface, almost 100%, even the pop up panes, title bars, right down to small details of icon placement and style.
does that mean they'll be expecting a suit in the near future?
I don't think so. But Bungie may have set a standard. I remember playing the Destiny beta (about 2 years ago?) and I was blown away by the interface, I thought to myself - wow this interface is genius, I haven't seen anything like this before, it's incredibly well designed, intuitive, so easy to navigate. So I had the intention to mimic it for TM PC (not on the 360 because I knew I couldn't spare the time). I've no intention to copy it almost exactly, like Hello Games have done, but I did plan to use the general concept. I imagined others would too. And now Hello Games have I wonder how many others will.

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 29, 2016, 04:18:56 AM »

Craig

• Developer
  • Extreme Member
  • Dig Deep
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
  • Steam: tota1miner
« Reply #132 on: September 29, 2016, 05:26:25 AM »
http://gametradersusa.com/no-mans-sky-investigated-false-advertising/

this doesnt sound good

I think it's a good thing, otherwise we'll end up with a world where every game is promoted in this fashion, which is not right.

Also, it's only for the UK.

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #133 on: November 03, 2016, 08:30:00 PM »
Just got into watching Yogscast Sips play it. I try to avoid gameplay for games I'm interested, but I just had to check it out.

Mind you, his gameplay was during the whole release fiasco. I don't see a single thing wrong with the game. Can someone explain to me what the actual problem was? Because I never understood the problem, and I still don't.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

AlienizdPixel

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Hello
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: A1ienizdPixe1
« Reply #134 on: November 03, 2016, 08:50:01 PM »
...Mind you, his gameplay was during the whole release fiasco. I don't see a single thing wrong with the game. Can someone explain to me what the actual problem was? Because I never understood the problem, and I still don't.
I think Craig's quote is pretty good;
It appears a lot of features that were supposed to enhance the playability of the sandbox have been gutted, to the point that it's really now just a sandbox with not a lot of content to drive your journey through it. But it's still a hell of a good sandbox...
I personally don't understand why people got so infuriated whenever they found this out though; the company's only other games are mobile games, right?
Edit: Actually looked it up, no they were not.
But still, they have only developed 3 game (excluding No Man's Sky), all of which are simple 2D racing platformers, did people get that hyped for such wide-pitted jump?
-Alionz

PWRBTTN

• Legendary Member
  • Professional Expert, Comrade
    • View Profile
  • Xbox: PWRBTTN
  • Steam: PWRBTTN
« Reply #135 on: November 03, 2016, 08:59:18 PM »
...Mind you, his gameplay was during the whole release fiasco. I don't see a single thing wrong with the game. Can someone explain to me what the actual problem was? Because I never understood the problem, and I still don't.
It appears a lot of features that were supposed to enhance the playability of the sandbox have been gutted, to the point that it's really now just a sandbox with not a lot of content to drive your journey through it. But it's still a hell of a good sandbox...
I personally don't understand why people got so infuriated whenever they found this out though; the company's only other games are mobile games, right?
So the problem people had with this exploration game (that has literally lifetimes upon lifetimes of exploration) is that there wasn't much more to do than explore? Am I understanding? Because that's infuriating.

This game is outstanding looking, and I've only seen about 2 hours worth of stuff. To think that there is literally decades worth of content extra is mindblowing. EVEN if the main differences between planets are slightly different looking flora and fauna, you get to look for your favourite among them all, and still have a chance to see one you like more. Not to mention the ones that will be absolutely amazing, but you'll never see them. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.
/snail       /snail    /snail         /snail /snail      /snail   /snail                /snail        

.ok

• Supreme Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 03, 2016, 09:42:38 PM »
So the problem people had with this exploration game (that has literally lifetimes upon lifetimes of exploration) is that there wasn't much more to do than explore? Am I understanding? Because that's infuriating.

This game is outstanding looking, and I've only seen about 2 hours worth of stuff. To think that there is literally decades worth of content extra is mindblowing. EVEN if the main differences between planets are slightly different looking flora and fauna, you get to look for your favourite among them all, and still have a chance to see one you like more. Not to mention the ones that will be absolutely amazing, but you'll never see them. I'm getting excited just thinking about it.
no

Gary

• Tester
  • Supreme Member
  • Steam: Conmaan ... ... Discord: Conmaan #9586
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2016, 10:17:01 PM »

I mean, if getting excited to see the same thing with different limb/color combinations is your thing, enjoy.

Link to my youtube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo4rmelSOUB9YMM0Is-zWyQ

Jim

• Global Moderator
  • Elite Member
  • Instagram @mrjamie99
    • View Profile
    • My photography Facebook page!
  • Xbox: Jiimalene
  • Steam: Jimalene
« Reply #138 on: November 04, 2016, 03:50:45 AM »
Is it true that the developers of this game just completely abandoned this game as it was such a flop?? Or am I reading nonsense off the internet..

3rd in the world to unlock Demigods
Jr Moderator given on January 2nd 2017
Global Moderator given on December 27th 2017
YouTube: Jimalene
bob [31|Dec 12:56 PM]: Howdy Jimster

bob

• Administrator
  • Legendary Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 04, 2016, 07:18:45 AM »
Is it true that the developers of this game just completely abandoned this game as it was such a flop?? Or am I reading nonsense off the internet..
Nonsense. There's been at least 3 updates that I've noticed downloading.